Lily Pebbles #41 Friendship toasted, style roasted, poobs too wobbly hasn’t posted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s mentioned the ‘shift’ thing before but she didn’t say those exact words. But basically every other day either her or rich gets to lie in till like 8:30/9 whilst the other takes care of the kids. Which is just baffling to me when you could make everyone’s life easier by both getting up.
Why do I get the feeling it was one of Lily's genius super smart ultra clever mega crazy ideas?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Part time content creator, part time mum

Can you imagine when Grey looks back on photos and asks where mum was? Was she working? No it wasn't her shift.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I can't imagine sleeping in that late with little kids. My kids are very loud in the morning so it doesn't even seem possible. (I also start work at 8am.) If it works for them, that's great I guess. Seems like a waste of the morning to me!

Reactions: 17
She’s obsessed with trying to prevent anyone getting what she perceives to be a better deal than her. Even if it’s her own husband! Remember when they were coming back from holiday and she complained that Rich had the ‘easy’ child because Rudy slept but Lily ‘had’ to keep Grey entertained.
Such a strange way to live. She’s a very unhappy person.

Reactions: 29
I can't imagine sleeping in that late with little kids. My kids are very loud in the morning so it doesn't even seem possible. (I also start work at 8am.) If it works for them, that's great I guess. Seems like a waste of the morning to me!
It’s so regimented. I find it so bizarre!

She’s obsessed with trying to prevent anyone getting what she perceives to be a better deal than her. Even if it’s her own husband! Remember when they were coming back from holiday and she complained that Rich had the ‘easy’ child because Rudy slept but Lily ‘had’ to keep Grey entertained.
Such a strange way to live. She’s a very unhappy person.
Exactly this! Can’t get my head round it!

Reactions: 14
I love nothing more than getting up with my partner and kids in the morning. We all sit in bed and have breakfast together or watch kids tv on the sofa. It’s lovely. I couldn’t imagine one of us being upstairs in bed. So depressing.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It is *extremely* weird, I’ve never heard of people doing this beyond newborn age where dads often get up to let mum sleep longer (as she’s been up feeding baby in the night) but once your kids are older surely you all just get up? And maybe give each other a lay in at the weekend? BIZARRE PEOPLE
I must be weird then! I mean I don’t call it shifts but me and my husband definitely take it in turns to get up with the kids and the other one gets a longer sleep or a longer shower.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I must be weird then! I mean I don’t call it shifts but me and my husband definitely take it in turns to get up with the kids and the other one gets a longer sleep or a longer shower.
I think it’s more the fact that she WILL NOT be there in the morning to see her little girl’s face because “it’s not my shift”. Like they have a written contract 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I don't care about them doing shifts or whatever, I'm not a parent, I have no clue. But it always seems as if it's really difficult for Lily to enjoy her children and she seems so surprised when she does. Just like when she talked about Halloween and how cute Grey was. She seemed in disbelief and a bit sad too. I wonder why that is.

Reactions: 31
I think it’s more the fact that she WILL NOT be there in the morning to see her little girl’s face because “it’s not my shift”. Like they have a written contract 😂
Omg she said it as if she’s chained to her bed! I get parents get tired and it’s nice to have more time in bed but she could hop out and see Grey’s reaction, then pop back into bed. Wtf it’s like she thinks her being there will somehow make Rich have to do less work with the kids so she won’t get up

Reactions: 20
Omg she said it as if she’s chained to her bed! I get parents get tired and it’s nice to have more time in bed but she could hop out and see Grey’s reaction, then pop back into bed. Wtf it’s like she thinks her being there will somehow make Rich have to do less work with the kids so she won’t get up
Yep. Not my idea of a marriage. Trying to out do each other 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 11
soz for making out like it was sooooo weird :ROFLMAO: it really is conceiving of it as "shifts" that is the weirdest part and i'm probably just jealous of more frequent lie ins. guess they also both have no where to be in the morning?! we have to all get up at 6.30 in order to make sure we all have time in shower, breakfast etc. and get out the door in time 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Since having Grey they have always behaved as divorced parents sharing custody. So very strange how she will have nothing to do with them on 'a work day'. Maybe that is why she has lunch in her precious loft?

Reactions: 27
soz for making out like it was sooooo weird :ROFLMAO: it really is conceiving of it as "shifts" that is the weirdest part and i'm probably just jealous of more frequent lie ins. guess they also both have no where to be in the morning?! we have to all get up at 6.30 in order to make sure we all have time in shower, breakfast etc. and get out the door in time 🤷‍♀️
Yeah the shift thing is weird! I mean my lie in is 7.15 am instead of 6am!! Haha oh how times have changed!

• Haha
Reactions: 11

No, not at all. On the weekend my husband will often get up with our baby so I can sleep until 9ish (I’m still breastfeeding all night at this point). I think what caught me off guard is:

a) the term ‘shift’ feels so clinical and unnatural within a home and,

b) her job, her life generally, lends itself to flexibility. She could easily come and see Grey open her advent calendar. But she is choosing not to because ‘it’s not her shift’. It’s like saying ‘oh, I had the opportunity to enjoy a moment with my child but I chose not to because between 7:00 and 9:00 she’s not my responsibility’. Just odd! Can’t explain it!

Reactions: 34
Also isn’t Friday supposed to be their ‘family day’ where they’re both off work? Lily has mentioned it multiple times that they spend Friday doing something together. You’d think then in that case they’d both get up to get ready to go to do whatever they’re planning to do that day. You know spend the day as the ‘family’ 🙄

Reactions: 12
Is really just the stupid way she says it and the fact that she has to say it and POST IT and did anyone notice it was a piece of torn up handwritten note probably with instructions to look for the gift from under the (grimey sofa seat)? Ewww

Like a few have pointed out before she often creates unnecessary hassle for herself over a normal situation and then proceeds to explain all the tit that we dont need to know about/ marvel over some hack she discovered etc which all really shows she becoming more and more dim-witted.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
No, not at all. On the weekend my husband will often get up with our baby so I can sleep until 9ish (I’m still breastfeeding all night at this point). I think what caught me off guard is:

a) the term ‘shift’ feels so clinical and unnatural within a home and,

b) her job, her life generally, lends itself to flexibility. She could easily come and see Grey open her advent calendar. But she is choosing not to because ‘it’s not her shift’. It’s like saying ‘oh, I had the opportunity to enjoy a moment with my child but I chose not to because between 7:00 and 9:00 she’s not my responsibility’. Just odd! Can’t explain it!
Exactly! You’d think she’d break her usual shift pattern for once if she was excited to see her daughter’s reaction…she’s so bloody weird

Lily Pebbles #42: I Would Do Anything For Love…but I won’t do the morning shift

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.