Lily Pebbles #41 Friendship toasted, style roasted, poobs too wobbly hasn’t posted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m trying to watch her latest vlog and I’m kind of fascinated by how much she favors Rudy. I know people on here have said this many times :D but it’s really quite something. I know it’s not uncommon that mothers prefer their sons. Doesn’t make it ok of course. Lily is projecting her own insecurities onto her daughter so of course she’s all over her son who (in her mind) won’t inherit her hair or teeth or moles or whatever else she struggles with.

She never sang to her children before a few days ago? Like, not even in a funny way to distract them? Nobody told her that this is something babies could like? (Not saying that it’s mandatory that all mothers do this, please don’t come for me with tales of how you never sang to your children and that they’re still fine, I’m sure they are! ;) )

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I have sung to both of my children every single day since they were born, I can't imagine not doing it, it's the most natural thing to do! She's a very strange woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’m trying to watch her latest vlog and I’m kind of fascinated by how much she favors Rudy. I know people on here have said this many times :D but it’s really quite something. I know it’s not uncommon that mothers prefer their sons. Doesn’t make it ok of course. Lily is projecting her own insecurities onto her daughter so of course she’s all over her son who (in her mind) won’t inherit her hair or teeth or moles or whatever else she struggles with.
Yes, it's painfully obvious how much she prefers Rudy over Grey. She cannot even talk about differences between her two kids without praising Rudy over his sister.

I know this is reaching but I think this might be a combination of several things:

1. Lily obviously struggled with being a mother when she had her first kid, likely more than she'd like to admit. I wouldn't be surprised if she now projects some of these negative feelings towards Grey. She had adjusted a lot more when she had Rudy, which make him feel like an easy baby compared to Grey.

2. Grey seems like a fairly energetic kid, just like Rudy. However, Lily seems to be annoyed by Grey whereas she describes Rudy as being a funny social butterfly. I wonder if there's a tiny bit of internalized misogyny there. Girls are supposed to be quiet and timid and boys get away with being more outgoing and energetic.

3. Rudy obviously looks more like Lily and her side of the family whereas Grey looks like Rich. I know this is awful to say but I would not be surprised if Lily is even a tiny bit jealous of some of Grey's features. Grey has curly hair but hers is more loose and flowy, the kind of hair that Lily aspires to have (after straightening it and then curling it while ruining her hair in the process).

4. Like @londongirl2001 mentioned, a lot of mothers favor sons. Just go look at Melanie Murphy's thread - she's already bashing her daughter over her firstborn son, and she hasn't even given birth yet.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Yes, it's painfully obvious how much she prefers Rudy over Grey. She cannot even talk about differences between her two kids without praising Rudy over his sister.

I know this is reaching but I think this might be a combination of several things:

1. Lily obviously struggled with being a mother when she had her first kid, likely more than she'd like to admit. I wouldn't be surprised if she now projects some of these negative feelings towards Grey. She had adjusted a lot more when she had Rudy, which make him feel like an easy baby compared to Grey.

2. Grey seems like a fairly energetic kid, just like Rudy. However, Lily seems to be annoyed by Grey whereas she describes Rudy as being a funny social butterfly. I wonder if there's a tiny bit of internalized misogyny there. Girls are supposed to be quiet and timid and boys get away with being more outgoing and energetic.

3. Rudy obviously looks more like Lily and her side of the family whereas Grey looks like Rich. I know this is awful to say but I would not be surprised if Lily is even a tiny bit jealous of some of Grey's features. Grey has curly hair but hers is more loose and flowy, the kind of hair that Lily aspires to have (after straightening it and then curling it while ruining her hair in the process).

4. Like @londongirl2001 mentioned, a lot of mothers favor sons. Just go look at Melanie Murphy's thread - she's already bashing her daughter over her firstborn son, and she hasn't even given birth yet.
I remember that vlog of her talking about finding out she was having a boy and how she was so surprised because she was convinced she'd have a girl because her friends and family all have a girl and a boy (or something along those lines...) and she was certain she'd buck the trend. I remember many instances of it her saying it was "crazy" :LOL:

I think she wanted two girls and is maybe trying to over compensate by being so gushy about Rudy. Or maybe it is just a second time mum confidence thing and she genuinely is more chilled out and happy this time around. I just definitely got vibes that she was disappointed when she found out she was having a boy (which is sad; frankly I'm glad she adores him now that he's here :giggle:)

Reactions: 8
I have sung to both of my children every single day since they were born, I can't imagine not doing it, it's the most natural thing to do! She's a very strange woman.
But that is just it, it's natural. Lily is not a natural mum, they decided to start a family because that was next on the list after getting married and buying a house.

I seem to remember her learning to play the ukelele to play nursery songs, did she not sing along? Wonder if she gave up because it was too hard.

Reactions: 11
I remember that vlog of her talking about finding out she was having a boy and how she was so surprised because she was convinced she'd have a girl because her friends and family all have a girl and a boy (or something along those lines...) and she was certain she'd buck the trend. I remember many instances of it her saying it was "crazy" :LOL:

I think she wanted two girls and is maybe trying to over compensate by being so gushy about Rudy. Or maybe it is just a second time mum confidence thing and she genuinely is more chilled out and happy this time around. I just definitely got vibes that she was disappointed when she found out she was having a boy (which is sad; frankly I'm glad she adores him now that he's here :giggle:)
She was definitely disappointed when she found out she was having a boy, even going so far as to say another boy was the last thing her family needed (she said this on the podcast). She was also freaked out by the fact she was carrying a 'male,' and indeed by the word male in general.

I also remember she said it took Rich a long time to 'get his head round' the fact that she was pregnant, making it seem like he was not happy about the pregnancy. I found this really strange as they had always planned to have more kids. However, while I have joked about marriage counselling, I do actually think they might have gone through a rocky patch in their marriage at one point. Maybe they have turned a corner now, I don't know, but I always thought it was a strange thing to say.

I'm also always surprised at how she overshares so much at times and yet won't spill the beans about Anna. Why???

Reactions: 16
Do we think Lily doesn’t know what determines the sex of a baby? It really wouldn’t surprise me.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
But that is just it, it's natural. Lily is not a natural mum, they decided to start a family because that was next on the list after getting married and buying a house.
i wonder if her recent "wobbles" have been because she has ticked everything off that list and is like, now what? i.e. she has "it all" but still isn't happy.

Reactions: 23
i wonder if her recent "wobbles" have been because she has ticked everything off that list and is like, now what? i.e. she has "it all" but still isn't happy.
Remember that podcast when Lily said she wanted a child because otherwise her life would consist of going to King’s Cross every weekend. She’s back to it just with plus two kids. These traditional lists Lily’s been following have no real hobbies and interests to tick off, that’s the issue with Lily. Her life will always be nothingy because Lily herself is nothingy. No wonder she keeps having wobbles.

Reactions: 22
HOW MANY COATS DOES SHE NEED???????

and she really needed PAID HELP to make those stories???? Her just standing in one position pretending to put on jeans and a coat??? Are you serious

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She's done it again. Lily, size up. It's just a number. Give your body the space to exist.. let alone breathe.
Can she even move in those pants or is she slowly shuffling everywhere bc god forbid she wears a bigger size?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Could very well be. She ticked off all her boxes, she's even changed management, and could very well be feeling the 'is this it?' start of a midlife crisis.
Poor Lily.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.