Lily Pebbles #30 I’m not sure what my contribution is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did a bit of a dig on Anna's IG and I think her post baby body is mainly due to breastfeeding/pumping but also I'm sure Mark is encouraging them to eat healthy to save money b/c we know how frugal he is but also for the baby. Anna has eaten healthy dishes that she's posted on IG previously so them eating healthy isn't out of the ordinary. The key difference is if Mark suggests it Anna the pushover always goes along with it. I'm sure Anna probably started exercising again but not as often as before.

In contrast, Lily was never much of a healthy eater b/c she was lucky due to genetics so she never really had to watch what she ate. Look at the food she posted previously that is homemade. Much of it isn't healthy and alot of it is either eating out or delivery so naturally when Grey came along I don't think Lily changed her eating habits whatsoever but she was in denial thinking this is her transitional/post baby body (nevermind Grey was almost 2) and using that excuse until she legit got pregnant again.

Has anyone seen Grimes' "What I eat In A Day" video? The food and vibe on the video reminds me of Lily so much. For those who have seen it note the part where she mentions her hair falling out 👀

One of the top comments on the video was, "She eats like a 10 year old boy left alone to fix himself dinner" - that pretty much sums Lily up as well.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I did a bit of a dig on Anna's IG and I think her post baby body is mainly due to breastfeeding/pumping but also I'm sure Mark is encouraging them to eat healthy to save money b/c we know how frugal he is but also for the baby. Anna has eaten healthy dishes that she's posted on IG previously so them eating healthy isn't out of the ordinary. The key difference is if Mark suggests it Anna the pushover always goes along with it. I'm sure Anna probably started exercising again but not as often as before.

In contrast, Lily was never much of a healthy eater b/c she was lucky due to genetics so she never really had to watch what she ate. Look at the food she posted previously that is homemade. Much of it isn't healthy and alot of it is either eating out or delivery so naturally when Grey came along I don't think Lily changed her eating habits whatsoever but she was in denial thinking this is her transitional/post baby body (nevermind Grey was almost 2) and using that excuse until she legit got pregnant again.

Has anyone seen Grimes' "What I eat In A Day" video? The food and vibe on the video reminds me of Lily so much. For those who have seen it note the part where she mentions her hair falling out 👀

One of the top comments on the video was, "She eats like a 10 year old boy left alone to fix himself dinner" - that pretty much sums Lily up as well.

Yeah I agree about Lily’s diet, she definitely doesn’t eat healthy and will never lose the baby weight eating like this. She’s always eating bagels, beans in tomato sauce, pasta, sushi. I’m not saying those are unhealthy foods per se but not the best options if you’re desperate to lose weight like she is

Reactions: 9
Yeah I agree about Lily’s diet, she definitely doesn’t eat healthy and will never lose the baby weight eating like this. She’s always eating bagels, beans in tomato sauce, pasta, sushi. I’m not saying those are unhealthy foods per se but not the best options if you’re desperate to lose weight like she is
Anna showing us her cookies/rock cakes (that thing looks like a cardboard)) pretending that it is all about good genes and vibes, and nothing else. 🐍

• Haha
Reactions: 15

This is very much Lily's energy isn't it: I eat these slightly exotic and/or fashionable/recently fashionable foods, but not as part of a traditional meal as I'm so rAnDoM you know, I can't cook and that's my main personality trait; yes, I'm so quirky with my borderline malnourishment... I don't believe in diets because society and, um, effort. I eat carbs you know. Did I mention I eat carbs? I eat small quantities of fruit and veg currently even though I HATE them like a fussy child but I have to eat them now because I'm 🙄pregnant🙄
Oh YOU'LL probably think this is gross but this is the random food combination I love haha
I'm so great!

Both Grimes and Lily are so lacklustre and unhealthy-looking in an adolescent way. It's sad to see really.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The thing is with Lily is that there is nothing wrong with her body. She's still slim. She's always had slim legs and arms and still does. But her negative aura just does nothing for her and it's written all over her face. It's not enough to eat smallish portions to lose baby weight. You've got to excerxise too. I'm almost back to a 12. Which is what i was pre babies. It's taken me 5 and a half years since my son was first born and then my daughter to get there. Some people don't snap back after a couple of weeks. Fab if you do. But she isn't going to go back to a pre baby size by sitting on her ass all day. I've had to swim 4 times a week. Walk everywhere. Cycle and do youtube workouts to get there. But it's given me happiness. I was never happy with myself at a 18. I wish i was body positive but i couldn't be. I just was so flabby. Not stunning and gorgeous like Lizzo.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The thing is with Lily is that there is nothing wrong with her body. She's still slim. She's always had slim legs and arms and still does. But her negative aura just does nothing for her and it's written all over her face.
Lily also wears super unflattering clothes then complains she looks bad… like you said she’s not actually that big, she’s like a 14 max but the oversized potato sack outfits she keeps wearing only make her look bigger than she is! If she wore things that fit nicely she’d be able to see she’s still slim & would probably feel better about how she looked.

Reactions: 30
Lily also wears super unflattering clothes then complains she looks bad… like you said she’s not actually that big, she’s like a 14 max but the oversized potato sack outfits she keeps wearing only make her look bigger than she is! If she wore things that fit nicely she’d be able to see she’s still slim & would probably feel better about how she looked.
And it's not even that they make her look bigger, but that that they make her look like a shapeless blob.

Reactions: 11
I am a lot bigger and older than Lily, but wearing clothes that fit in colours that actually flatter you helps so much. Lily needs to step away from beige and brown, no matter if the jumper is cashmere or not ....

Reactions: 18
If she doesn’t hide in her closet to eat, hiding from Grey, she will be size 6 now.
This is a joke by the way 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She's completely lost her passion for fashion (bratz sorry haha) but if she could spark it up again she might think differently about her size and shape

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She's completely lost her passion for fashion (bratz sorry haha) but if she could spark it up again she might think differently about her size and shape
I think it’s connected with her hair also. Her hair doesn’t look like her white people-beauty standard (sorry if that’s a weird expression, I’m no native speaker. If someone likes you could suggest other wordings) and so she has given up completely on her looks since straight hair is such a big factor to her. If that makes any sense.

Reactions: 14
I think it’s connected with her hair also. Her hair doesn’t look like her white people-beauty standard (sorry if that’s a weird expression, I’m no native speaker. If someone likes you could suggest other wordings) and so she has given up completely on her looks since straight hair is such a big factor to her. If that makes any sense.
It's the cut/style of the clothing, hair and the colourway she selects for her clothing. I think cooler tones would look better but she picks warm/yellow undertones that do not flatter her whatsoever but she wears them b/c it's trendy.

Lilly has internalised white supremacy as far as her aesthetic it has to conform to what WASP women find trendy/cool/attractive even if it doesn't suit her.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Imagine how fresh she would feel if she wore a few more fitting outfits and embraced the curly girl method for like a year (also lockdown life would've been peak time for her to do it but ok)?

I think it would give her the confidence boost she needs instead of in her head thinking she's still a 26 year old 'cool' influencer. She probably feels gross half of the time because she tries to get out of washing her hair/dealing with it these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Imagine how fresh she would feel if she wore a few more fitting outfits and embraced the curly girl method for like a year (also lockdown life would've been peak time for her to do it but ok)?

I think it would give her the confidence boost she needs instead of in her head thinking she's still a 26 year old 'cool' influencer. She probably feels gross half of the time because she tries to get out of washing her hair/dealing with it these days.
That last part is so absolutely true. But at the end of the day, I think she’s just too lazy to do anything, even shower and basic hygiene. A daily shower, fresh & clean welll-fitting clothes, and a balanced healthy diet make all of the difference. At least for me. But I think she’s in that bad cycle of poor hygiene, poor eating habits and then feeling poorly and the cycle continues. I do hope for her health & happiness she starts to take care of herself and that she doesn’t impose her internalized issues on to G.

I wonder how those luxury vitamins she went on and on about for her hair worked?

Going by her eating habits in the lead up to her wedding I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s a habitual crash / yo-yo dieter.

Not only does the law of finishing returns kick in on that as you get older, it can also really mess with your digestion & metabolism.

Once again Lily’s inability to be consistent with anything over a period longer than a nanosecond leads to *drum roll* consequences.

And I don’t mean consequences as in weight, I mean as in feeling & looking generally unwell, feeling sluggish, prone to various allergies/reactions etc. Good health starts in the gut and the gut is directly linked to the brain via the vagus nerve.

** that should be the law of diminishing returns! Damn clumsy fingers / autocorrect 😩

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
It's the cut/style of the clothing, hair and the colourway she selects for her clothing. I think cooler tones would look better but she picks warm/yellow undertones that do not flatter her whatsoever but she wears them b/c it's trendy.

Lilly has internalised white supremacy as far as her aesthetic it has to conform to what WASP women find trendy/cool/attractive even if it doesn't suit her.
I don’t know. By this argument she would have looked horrible before? She was very much subscribing to a western, white beauty standard for like always. But she did look significantly better 7-5 years ago. She doesn’t have to embrace her curls (just like many force their hair into curls because they prefer it over straight hair) and I think everyone should be free to subscribe to whatever idea of beauty they want. It’s also okay to feel you don’t want to look like the negative caricature of your ethnic background. I think that exists even for white people and their many subgroups.

I think Lily problem is actually that she is desperately following every trend no matter if it makes sense for her (or her house). She makes poor choices and than feels bad about herself. Giving her hair a big chop, stop with bleaching colourations, give it some time to heal would be easy. No one says she can never straighten it again. She doesn’t have to embrace her curls. She just completely overdid it and instead of going through with it she moans.
She picks horrible cuts, colours and combinations and than feels bad she looks bad. And I would argue that those beige tents and make up don’t really represent a white beauty standard because not that many people actually wear it. This particular trend is (at least here) very much a pure Insta trend and not really something people would describe as favourable.

I don’t know. By this argument she would have looked horrible before? She was very much subscribing to a western, white beauty standard for like always. But she did look significantly better 7-5 years ago.
I agree to an extent, but I think it's also just chance that previous trends suited her better (brightly coloured lips, skinny jeans etc.), doesn't change the fact that she was still just following the trends at the time.

Reactions: 11
7 years ago she was still living at her parents..... With her mum cooking and doing all household chores, Lily had more time to 'look cute'. Since moving out, it has become clear she struggles with basic tasks.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.