Lily Pebbles #29 Climbing the stairway to beggin’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Come on guys, she neeeeeded a new cashmere for birth, because the last time she got all juices on it and had to pay for dry cleaning or threw it away, can't remember.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
6E57232A-D5D9-46E5-935C-54750CF9BC79.png

Tell me you are performative without telling me you are performative. She arranged the shelf before this photo was taken

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Are any of these books really appropriate for her daughter's age, or are these bed time stories for Lily?
The books all seem totally fine for a child greys age...

however, these books don't seem like something lily would choose if it wasn't for the instagram content. There's probably a basket of 'classic' stories somewhere that she actually reads to grey. These are just decoration.

Reactions: 22

however, these books don't seem like something lily would choose if it wasn't for the instagram content. There's probably a basket of 'classic' stories somewhere that she actually reads to grey. These are just decoration.
Also notes that she puts it at the bottom shelf, so ‘i am such an inclusive and modern mum, so Grey can easily reach it’

Reactions: 7
Lilly and Rich seem the kind of parents who only read for bedtime, not during the day. Books are great for interaction, for learning shapes, colours, animals, counting, and so much more, but you'd have to engage and not just try to get your kid to go asleep. These books are for the 'gram, not for Grey.

Reactions: 26

Well I guess if you want to be truly woke you have to start early

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Lilly and Rich seem the kind of parents who only read for bedtime, not during the day. Books are great for interaction, for learning shapes, colours, animals, counting, and so much more, but you'd have to engage and not just try to get your kid to go asleep. These books are for the 'gram, not for Grey.
Totally, they're basically our top form of entertainment and have been since birth practically!
We have at least 60 or 70 downstairs and most days read at least 5 or 10 and maybe flick through a few more.
Plus it's parenting I can do sitting on a comfy chair rather than crawling around on the floor like the rest of the time 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Are any of these books really appropriate for her daughter's age, or are these bed time stories for Lily?
I got the coco Chanel one of those trendy books (can’t even be bothered to check what they’re called)… it’s so boring. I hate reading it to my child, I wish I’d never bought it. They’re purely for decoration even then all the pages look the same because the colours are so flat. There are so much better books out there that are way more fun to read and to look at.

Reactions: 17
Not that it’s an excuse, but maybe it was to explain that she’s not drinking? Some people will just not take No for an answer.
Pretend to drink and keep your mouth shut. Carry around the same soda water all👏🏻night👏🏻long👏🏻

I got the coco Chanel one of those trendy books (can’t even be bothered to check what they’re called)… it’s so boring. I hate reading it to my child, I wish I’d never bought it. They’re purely for decoration even then all the pages look the same because the colours are so flat. There are so much better books out there that are way more fun to read and to look at.
We have the Greta Thunberg one and I thought it was good? The illustration definitely outperforms the writing tho, I get what you mean. It’s not the best book ever but I’m glad we tried one from the series.

Reactions: 6
It's like Rich almost has three children and is burnt out and over it. If Lily wants to have a healthy marriage she has start acting like an adult and start pulling her weight even if she is pregnant. Go out and get a pedicure, take care of your own body hair etc. It doesn't make for a strong, loving and sexy partnership if Rich is always picking up after her. He works full time and has his own responsibilities. Maybe she could do something nice for him and put him first for a change

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I imagine her mindset is; I bore your children, now worship me. Can’t imagine that what he signed up for when they got together. He could leave, but he won’t.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
It's like Rich almost has three children and is burnt out and over it. If Lily wants to have a healthy marriage she has start acting like an adult and start pulling her weight even if she is pregnant. Go out and get a pedicure, take care of your own body hair etc. It doesn't make for a strong, loving and sexy partnership if Rich is always picking up after her. He works full time and has his own responsibilities. Maybe she could do something nice for him and put him first for a change
He no longer works full time. She made him go down to part time so he could take care of Grey and she could ‘work’ however most of her ‘working days’ appear to consist of annoying rich all day, shopping and complaining. If my partner made me change my job for that I’d be mad!

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Pretend to drink and keep your mouth shut. Carry around the same soda water all👏🏻night👏🏻long👏🏻

We have the Greta Thunberg one and I thought it was good? The illustration definitely outperforms the writing tho, I get what you mean. It’s not the best book ever but I’m glad we tried one from the series.
I think they are perfect books for children as it gives them the information and it’s broken down so simple - my daughter lives the Rosa Park’s one and Maya Angelou she’s 3 and a half and we’ve been reading them since she’s two. It’s greatway to introduce these people at a young age I really recommend the books. But yeah I would imagine Lily just uses them as decoration

Reactions: 11
I think they are perfect books for children as it gives them the information and it’s broken down so simple - my daughter lives the Rosa Park’s one and Maya Angelou she’s 3 and a half and we’ve been reading them since she’s two. It’s greatway to introduce these people at a young age I really recommend the books. But yeah I would imagine Lily just uses them as decoration
I think she was 'kindly gifted' the set?

• Angry
Reactions: 12
I think Rich is ‘lucky’ (in Lily’s eyes) to be working at all, given she earns his salary several times over.

The ‘it makes sense for the person who earns a lot less to stay home’ logic isn’t questioned much at society level when it conforms to gender stereotypes.

In their own way I think they have reached a decent compromise on the work situation. However - it’s not without selfish reasons on Lily’s part as I recall she has said in the past she takes great comfort in Rich’s PAYE career as all their eggs aren’t in one basket should her career tank and it’s useful for mortgage applications etc to have one regular salary.

Reactions: 10
The bookshelves are entirely performative. Grey probably can't even reach the lowest shelf right now let alone the two higher shelves. Books need to be lower down so kids can easily access them. My kid has them in piles all over her room and will happily spend a good amount of time working through a pile looking at the pictures and imagining the story.

The style (in which to display the books) that Lily has chosen is entirely performative and for the gram. When she first bought the little people books she 'style' a lamp on top of them - they are literally just for show.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Of course it's performative! We are talking about the woman who once recommend children's book because it looks good on her coffee table.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I need some clarity on a couple of things:

1) Lily mentioned (back when told everyone she was pregnant) that she didn't see the point of buying clothes a size up rather than maternity clothes - but has continued (with the exception of the dress for the wedding) to buy clothes a size up?
2) What happened with her friend Gemma? i don't remember her but it's been mentioned a few times that she hasn't mentioned her for a while? Who was she? Did they have a falling out?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.