Lily Pebbles #24 I passed my riding test

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This screams geriatric to me. Maybe geriatric chic?

I don’t really get the frumpy trend and I’m no fashion influencer but it seems to me the only possible way you can get away with wearing something so vomit-inducing as these sandals is to pair them with something chic and not a wrinkled ill-fitting sack. If you pair frumpy with frumpy you are going to look frumpy.

and what is this pose? Looks like grandma has lost her balance......Maybe she is going for geriatric chic in which case she “nailed it”!! 🥳
I think we are doing the grands a disservice in comparing them to Lily - there’s no way in hell my grandparents would be caught looking so rumpled. And they def wouldn’t publish a picture of them looking like they have balance/mobility issues! I thought that too!

@Lechat “the rage” 💀 Love it

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I adore all one colour outfits usually but this is just not it. If you’re going to try that you need to have some fashion sense and they usually look better with a bit of structure! Lily knows that monochromatic outfits are trendy yet for some random reason thought that beige was the colour to try it in… NO!
Or tuck the shirt in to make it look like a one piece/jumpsuit! Tie a cute little bandana around the neck or as a headband. Black or brown sandals. Bag. Done.

Reactions: 10
Or tuck the shirt in to make it look like a one piece/jumpsuit! Tie a cute little bandana around the neck or as a headband. Black or brown sandals. Bag. Done.
Exactly. All it needed was some styling and better accessories to look 10000000% better.

Expectations (what lily thinks she looks like):
680B42BA-1BAA-47A4-98D6-9F2E6E4E3129.jpeg
B5B21CDA-8937-4660-8D59-42AC72488485.jpeg

Vs reality (what she actually looks like):
C58C9200-6FE7-4A7C-B87B-43C0D55590E2.png

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Is there an influencer(s) who is up to date w/these newer techniques? I'm genuinely curious, but also wish tattle allowed DM's b/c I know Lily does creep on here so I'll understand if you choose not to answer.

Lily (and Anna) are mediocre mid-tier influencers at best. From what Lily's has said previously, her plan is to have her "renaissance" once her kids are in school full-time but that's what another 5 years? I truly hope another app comes along or TikTok takes over IG making it obsolete before then which in turn will end the careers of these mid-tier mediocre over privileged influencers for good. Last I checked, Lily has at most 6k followers on TikTok. Her peak has come and gone.
Yes, of course, there are loads of lifestyle (or otherwise) influencers setting new trends and benchmarks. Off the top of my head, I follow an expat lifestyle/travel influencer, a cat AND a cheese account that are each more cutting edge than Lily.

They are all fairly new accounts and have a combined following larger than Lily’s - but I’m sure that each of them will eclipse her in the next year or 2. The main diff here is the work ethic and professionalism is immediately obvious. And they are all offering value in addition to selling. They are just more modern while Lily’s all old and stagnant. She’s made a big mistake by not getting up to speed over on TikTok - that’s another thing all these accounts have in common. I’m older than her but it is definitely a platform I use for all kinds of things, from beauty to cooking to travel to kid activities. As do most of my similarly aged friends! I think that just goes to show Lily was simply lucky, not a thought leader.

Lily is like TK Maxx; these other accounts are like an experience where you escape, and these are just the ones that quickly came to mind!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
We decanted and labeled all our spices because
a) the standard store jars didn’t fit in our only spice drawer,
b) my partner and I share English, but his native language is different, so
c) we labeled all the spices in the language of the country we live in now, so we could learn them.

It was a compromise, like neither of us were monopolizing the spice drawer with our native language, ha! And we did it one evening over Christmas break and some wine a few years back - it was defo not part of our “work day” like Lily and her label maker 🙄

Yes, she absolutely thinks this. She thinks her bunk ass degree and all her little intern jobs that she got through her dad “prepared” her for this career in advertising. She thinks so highly of herself that she used to talk about what changes Insta should implement - like they care about a has-been, mid-tier influencer’s opinion. She hasn’t been a best case example or thought leader for any platform usage for years and years now, and she won’t ever be again. The ship has sailed on her speaking and doing signings or whatever the duck she did at Video Con etc.

I bet she still congratulated herself on producing that “how I work with brands” video, which is now an outdated influencer business model. She has mentioned before how she loves to speak at industry conferences - but she’ll likely never get another high-profile speaking engagement. I have to admit, since I work in marketing and have done my fair share of panels and judging, that gives me pleasure - it’s one area that she can’t buy or make her parents or Rich fix for her. Gleam can’t even do it. It is genuinely earned through professionalism, which she doesn’t have a shred of. Getting her on a lineup at a Google or FB event or any major marketing conference panel would be basically impossible because she’s outdated and the work she produces is so, so poor. But the kicker is she’s just not smart - she can’t code, doesn’t understand data, and is no longer even a stellar editor because she hasn’t kept up with new techniques. And she’s a dick, so she can’t even talk about community building through engagement, or organic growth because she doesn’t have growth!!! #fail in LITERALLY every category that could get you a speaking engagement. It would be like putting a granny up on an industry panel.
What do you mean she isn’t smart and up to date? Haven’t you seen her incredible and groundbreaking work with stop motion? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Yes, of course, there are loads of lifestyle (or otherwise) influencers setting new trends and benchmarks. Off the top of my head, I follow an expat lifestyle/travel influencer, a cat AND a cheese account that are each more cutting edge than Lily.

They are all fairly new accounts and have a combined following larger than Lily’s - but I’m sure that each of them will eclipse her in the next year or 2. The main diff here is the work ethic and professionalism is immediately obvious. And they are all offering value in addition to selling. They are just more modern while Lily’s all old and stagnant. She’s made a big mistake by not getting up to speed over on TikTok - that’s another thing all these accounts have in common. I’m older than her but it is definitely a platform I use for all kinds of things, from beauty to cooking to travel to kid activities. As do most of my similarly aged friends! I think that just goes to show Lily was simply lucky, not a thought leader.

Lily is like TK Maxx; these other accounts are like an experience where you escape, and these are just the ones that quickly came to mind!
when the cheese account is more revolutionary, you probably need to throw in the towel and find a new career.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
when the cheese account is more revolutionary, you probably need to throw in the towel and find a new career.
Omg you made me snort, hilarious.

The cat one is the worst example. That cat is a pandemic pet, so it’s only a year or so old and already has over 100k on just Insta. Yea, the guy is 🔥 and the cat’s cute as a button, but Lily has London, a reno and a baby and she still can’t get growth like that!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Lily seems like the kind of woman who hates her child but loves the attention she gets when she’s pregnant. I know that as soon as her baby boy is born, she’ll go back to being her moody self.
But she has to keep up with her sis and Nanna Edit and have children because she wants to tick off her life to do list.

Reactions: 22
So I watched the first trimester video and I have questions:

1) what's the big deal about ovulating on International Womans Day? I don't get why that was 'so cool'?
2) did she actual conceive this baby on IWD because later on the in vlog she mentioned how she got her dates wrong and ovulated later than she thought so was a week behind where she thought she was?
3) she said she couldn't eat in front of Grey cause she doesn't want Grey to have any of the food she was craving because it was unhealthy and then later said she hadn't really had any cravings other than tomato soup which isn't massively unhealthy?
4) her and Rich hugged like awkward cousins (more of an observation than a question)
LOL, Anna and her are so fixated with the dates. Anna conceived on the weekend they moved in, naturally Lily had to find something to brag - IWD. Imagine if it is a baby girl, she would say her baby is strong will blah blah brag brag.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
linen is one or the other for me - the top tucked into some jean shorts, or the bottoms with a crisp white tee.

the combo of the 6 different beiges - her top, pants, sandals, face, bag, filter, is too much.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
linen is one or the other for me - the top tucked into some jean shorts, or the bottoms with a crisp white tee.

the combo of the 6 different beiges - her top, pants, sandals, face, bag, filter, is too much.
Agreed. Is all about balance, unless you are super chic, beige linen top and beige linen pants are no no to me. I don’t mind if the top and pants are in different colour, that sandals just burn it already.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m surprised he’s an associate director working only part time. That’s relatively high up, and he usually would have a team under him, so would expect it to be a full time role to manage a team.
Forget that he’s part time, I’m more surprised by his ability to be in that high position considering he doesn’t seem particularly bright or able to articulate his thoughts. But then again, management positions are often filled by morons simply because they lack self-awareness hence make it far without self-doubt that many more intelligent people struggle with.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.