Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

toastedwoofles

Chatty Member
I never want to make someone else's pregnancy about me, and I am genuinely over the moon for everyone who announces a pregnancy and a healthy baby - even Lily, but this sucks.

I did everything 'right', I married my high school sweetheart, went to uni, moved cities, returned to our home town, both worked on getting solid stable careers, got married, bought a family home and nothing. 3 years later still empty bedrooms and a year's worth of unpleasant tests for me later and still nothing. My story is not unique, sadly, and the older I get the more of my friends this is affecting.

This woman didn't even know about ovulation yet has the sheer privilege of PLANNING her due date around school years. That's me done with her channel I think.

Again, sorry for the rant and I really don't mean to make this about me but on Father's Day of all days when I feel like a failure to my husband it's hit a nerve.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 125

MoniC

Chatty Member
Lily Pebbles #25: idk the pandemic was weird, Rich, come pluck my beard.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 114

under the ivy

VIP Member
I admit she does make me feel like I’ve gone wrong in my life - 28, single, living back at home after a relationship break down. But then I remember you don’t have to follow what Lily thinks is a normative and fulfilling and albeit middle-class life trajectory.

• Heart
Reactions: 73

dee_mc

VIP Member
Eataly Kings Cross Garnham
Cobalt Moon Garnham
Greige Artichoke Garnham
Anthracite HelloFresh Garnham
The possibilities are endless!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73

Bonjour92

VIP Member
Oh my god her first trimester vlog is up

1.Brags about getting pregnant so quickly AGAIN
2. Brags about ovulating on international women’s day
2. Early pregnancy symptoms include diarrhoea and “revolting farts” (poor Rich!!!)
3. She told Rich as a surprise and filmed his reaction and he basically said he suspected something bc it was time for her period but she wasn’t moaning about it as usual…lol
4. Things are SOOO different this time!
5. She’s struggling bc she gets extremely hungry around midday and she doesn’t want to have lunch together with Grey bc Grey will want to eat what she eats so she makes lunch for Grey ar 11.30, snacks in secret where Grey can’t see her, puts her to bed and then eats around 1pm when she’s beyond starved
6. She doesn’t have time to indulge in herself this time (shade to Anna)
7. Lack of personality (as opposed to…?)
8. Repeats that second pregnancies are less self-indulgent and she can’t just be like “I’m really craving this” and Rich would go get it. Ehm does she realise that has nothing to do with a first pregnancy, that’s just her treating Rich as a servant?
9. Seeing snotty babies makes her gag
10. Says she had a miscarriage scare bc she went for a poo and the toilet was full of blood and she goes on about how horrible it was and says it was the worst day of her life..then corrects herself and says an ACTUAL miscarriage would be but she was alright bc she is one of the LUCKY ones
11. Has to mention again how shocked she is she’s having a boy, did you know her family is really boy-heavy? Lol

Omg I made it to the end. I want my 45 minutes back.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 71

_Laura

Chatty Member
Fun fact (I think) and off topic, arabic alphabet is phonetic (based on sounds) and often there won't be only one spelling for a word.
That's why you have people called Mohammed, Muhammad, Mohamet, Muhammed,... or falafel/falafal (rather uncommon but I have seen it). I used to work in a translation agency and when people needed a birth certificate or something translated from Arabic into English, we always had to ask them about the "English" spelling of their names because different translators would come up with different spellings.

Anyway, thank you for coming to my Ted talk. Moany Lily, over to you! 🤓🤓

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71

dee_mc

VIP Member
Further on in the podcast Lily says that in a few years time we will look back on the pandemic and all the lockdowns and say 'Lol, that was weird.' Yeah, LOL.
Omg lol, remember that time when nearly 4 million people (to date) worldwide died because of a respiratory virus, and many others died or had serious health complications because they couldn't access treatment for their conditions as the hospitals were full of Covid patients? Remember how many small businesses had to close because of prolonged lockdowns, and influencers like Lily continued to champion multinationals instead, for the paycheck? And how depression, anxiety and suicide rates all increased exponentially, but people like Lily chose to pretend the pandemic wasn't happening and just stopped referencing it? Remember how we were asked to prioritise elderly and compromised people when it came to grocery deliveries, but Lily decided her need was greater and didn't step foot in a shop for months, then bitched and whined about having to wear a mask when she eventually did go to a shop?
Lol, yeah, remember that. How random.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 66

jaymie

VIP Member
You know what, I am waiting for that little lecture from Queen Lily "Guys, I felt like people only give attention to first time mums. I felt like second time mums are often neglected, like no one ask how are you"

• Haha
  • Heart

FrankieBelle

VIP Member
it was discussed in the last thread that it might have something to do with school years and the fact a summer baby can occasionally struggle in school when very young(although eventually catch up) and Anna is having a summer baby so it’s like a 1 up sort of situation where lily is better because she thought about this.
Wow what a treat to be able to schedule conception to fit in with a school year. I had a January and a February birth date and they both went to school when they were meant to. I was just blessed to be pregnant. She’s an over privileged dick

• Heart

Helmi

Getting back to the gender norms – Lily seems to be against traditional gender roles when it suits her, so in other words, when Rich takes over some of the traditionally female tasks (cleaning, cooking childcare, etc). But it does not work the other way round at all. Lily absolutely refuses to do anything remotely "manly", so it is Rich who has to drill holes into walls, unclog the toilet, build furniture and carry anything heavy. So yeah, tell us how you're "so proud" of your progressive family that goes against the norm. You're just lazy and want your spouse to do everything but turn it into some feminist issue to feel better about yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

fidgetjo

VIP Member
She has to be joking with this content right?

First of all can pregnant lily not even lift her arm to tweeze her own chin. Secondly why would you post that on your Instagram stories?
201B0168-7BEF-43D9-BF3D-56C5858525FF.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 63

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Takeaways from Lily's pregnancy announcement vlog:
She obviously wanted another girl. She wanted a girl the first time too. She wanted all girls. A boy was not in the plan.
She thought the email from the doctor would tell her she was having a boy or girl. Instead the email said 'male.' This freaked Lily out and she felt as though she had a full grown male growing inside her. WTF. Why does she say this stuff? She sounds so brain dead.
The 'due after September' thing is for sure a dig at Anna. I expect it has something to do with Lily being a seasoned, experienced mum of two while Anna is a mere amateur.
She said it took a while for Rich to get his head around the fact she's pregnant. Why? They were trying for a baby, right?! Maybe she worded it wrong (highly likely) but she made it sound like Rich wasn't initially overjoyed with the pregnancy - like it took him a while to come to terms with it. Having seen Rich with Grey, I kinda doubt this is the case. And I don't know why she said it. I'm also sure it can't have been too much of a shock to him since they were trying. Weird.
She said she pees herself every time she sneezes.
She said she hasn't bought anything much for the baby yet. Lol. Oh, Lily! #onthebeg
Rich walked into the room at one point. She told him she was filming and then cut the video. I almost cheered. Anna, please take note!!

Current leading name suggestions are Ecru, Tanner and Bear (although Rich already ruled out Bear last time). Keep the name suggestions coming! I'd love if we guessed right!

Names on Lily's list last time included Navy and Panda. I think she might have mentioned more in the past but I can't remember.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62

Dwightschrute

VIP Member
She will pick a name that highlights how ‘different’ she is I think. Maybe Lennon because of her niche love of very unknown little band called The Beatles?

Or maybe something London themed…. M25?

• Haha

LottieRouge12

I feel for everyone on here who is struggling with work/money/work-life balance/infertility/children/life and I can empathize why Lily's announcement was so triggering for some ppl on here. It must be frustrating b/c deep down to some degree, most ppl still believe if you are a good person and work hard life will reward you and "punish/karma" will happen to those who don't but life doesn't always work that way. Lily just got lucky she was born to a privileged loving family and was a slim white woman in her 20s when she decided to become an influencer at the right time.

That said, I hope everyone finds it amusing how much it kills Lily to see how basic she is. Lily married her uni boyfriend, bought a house then had a child who literally follows trends whether its getting tattoos or naming her child a hipster name. She so desperately wants to be "cool" and "different" but the fact Lily spoke about how she thought she would be the "different" one among her group to have two girls whereas everyone around she knows has a boy and girl made me laugh out loud. I'm glad she's having a boy and I hope Rich takes the initiative and teaches those kids life skills "don't be like mummy who never learned..."

• Heart
  • Haha

palmer

Chatty Member
To be honest, I don't think children have any business being on the internet at all. I think influencers who profit off their children by making them a part of their brand and plastering them on their social media for thousands/millions of strangers to watch are sickening. Don't even get me started on people who straight up use their children as prompts for sponsored ads (something Lily HAS done btw, example here: www.instagram.com/p/CIQmPIOHXtr/). As nosy as I am (it's a natural human trait), I 100% believe these things should be regulated by law. Every human being is supposed to have a human right to privacy, but apparently in our current world that does not include children of influencers. It's utterly disturbing in my opinion and I can't comprehend how no action has been taken yet / how it's still so normalized.

Saying that, privacy extends beyond just keeping the child's face off of social media. Lily might want to hide her daughter's face (even that is questionable considering she seems to be on/off about it--we've definitely seen Grey's face on more than one occasion before). But what about everything else she shares about her daughter? At this point, we know: her first/middle/last name, her date of birth, her address, what she eats, her daily schedule, aspects of her personality, anecdotes about her day-to-day life, what her bedroom looks like, which extra-curricular activities she does (swimming, etc), which days her grandma looks after her, and so on. It's not just about keeping the child's appearance private, it should also be about keeping details of their personal life/character/identity private!

It is obviously rare but I know influencers who have never even shared their children's names online and because they don't even entertain the curiosity and never have, their viewers don't even care to know anything! That's how it should be IMO. Make the boundaries clear from the beginning and people will respect it. The problem with most influencers like Lily is they start feeding information/details to people because they just can't fucking help themselves, then later on they'll try to go back on it, then they'll proceed with the kids content again, and so on. At this point you can't complain that your viewers have gotten too nosy/demanding--you are fully entertaining the curiosity. But of course morons like Lily who have zero talent, knowledge, hobbies, or area of expertise can't find anything else to talk about other than their offsprings.

Seriously, imagine growing up to realize your parents' income is reliant on you. Knowing that if you don't agree to be part of the content, the whole family's income will take a hit. Yeah, that couldn't be me. I couldn't sleep at night knowing I'm making my dime off my own child.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

PreciousVenus

The child will be Artie, short for Artichoke, and she will blather on about what a unique and unusual name it is because noone told her it's currently really popular. The middle name will be Eagle, for her favourite obscure hipster band.

• Haha
Reactions: 60

LA2019

Didn't she say she wanted to reveal sooner but couldn't because she didn't show yet?? So so so weird to live your life like that.
She contradicted herself the whole time. She started showing earlier than with Grey because 'baby number two' but wasn't really showing enough to reveal. She didn't keep it a secret but deliberately misled her followers in the photo with her and Anna.

As someone who experienced infertility her 'just the THREE of us' comment and now 'well actually it was FOUR' really rubs me up the wrong way. As soon as I found out I was pregnant (after a long four year struggle and multiple rounds of IVF) I was petrified of anything happening to the baby. A few close friends and family knew but if anyone asked me if I was pregnant or when I was going to have a baby (in those first 12 weeks) I would politely direct the conversation in another direction or, if they pushed, I would say 'please can we talk about something else'. I didn't want to tell those people that I was pregnant but I also felt that covering up the fact that I was pregnant might in some way deny the existence of the baby growing inside me and, everything that I'd been hoping for, would be gone. I know that sounds a bit mad but infertility messes with your mind, your body and your soul.

So what I'm saying is that she didn't need to make reference to the number of people in that photo when 'no one knew she was pregnant' - she could've very easily written anything else. But she's such a nasty person that she and Anna probably had a good giggle at their little 'in joke' and a patted themselves on the back for being able to fall pregnant so easily (good karma amirite?) and went on their way without ever giving a second thought to their followers who have struggled or are struggling. The smugness level in one photo is off the charts.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

shedidwhat?

In an old parenting q&a video she mentioned that she wanted to have a 2 and an half years gap.
E8759212-BA6A-415E-B5B7-D94784FFD70D.png
Look how happy she is now that everything went like planned. She is totally a control freak.
30346E27-7E6E-4D40-9159-C6522C39335D.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 58