Lily Pebbles #24 I passed my riding test

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll be honest, if I had the time and money (which lily obviously does, as she's not exactly spending time on work) I would have absolutely everything in labelled containers. Having said that, I doubt any normal person with a job could even consider it
We decanted and labeled all our spices because
a) the standard store jars didn’t fit in our only spice drawer,
b) my partner and I share English, but his native language is different, so
c) we labeled all the spices in the language of the country we live in now, so we could learn them.

It was a compromise, like neither of us were monopolizing the spice drawer with our native language, ha! And we did it one evening over Christmas break and some wine a few years back - it was defo not part of our “work day” like Lily and her label maker 🙄

I’m 100% sure she thinks if she wasn’t an influenza she’d be some high up exec in advertising. The way she comes up with these ‘creative’ ads and they’re all tit :LOL:
Yes, she absolutely thinks this. She thinks her bunk ass degree and all her little intern jobs that she got through her dad “prepared” her for this career in advertising. She thinks so highly of herself that she used to talk about what changes Insta should implement - like they care about a has-been, mid-tier influencer’s opinion. She hasn’t been a best case example or thought leader for any platform usage for years and years now, and she won’t ever be again. The ship has sailed on her speaking and doing signings or whatever the duck she did at Video Con etc.

I bet she still congratulated herself on producing that “how I work with brands” video, which is now an outdated influencer business model. She has mentioned before how she loves to speak at industry conferences - but she’ll likely never get another high-profile speaking engagement. I have to admit, since I work in marketing and have done my fair share of panels and judging, that gives me pleasure - it’s one area that she can’t buy or make her parents or Rich fix for her. Gleam can’t even do it. It is genuinely earned through professionalism, which she doesn’t have a shred of. Getting her on a lineup at a Google or FB event or any major marketing conference panel would be basically impossible because she’s outdated and the work she produces is so, so poor. But the kicker is she’s just not smart - she can’t code, doesn’t understand data, and is no longer even a stellar editor because she hasn’t kept up with new techniques. And she’s a dick, so she can’t even talk about community building through engagement, or organic growth because she doesn’t have growth!!! #fail in LITERALLY every category that could get you a speaking engagement. It would be like putting a granny up on an industry panel.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I bet she still congratulated herself on producing that “how I work with brands” video, which is now an outdated influencer business model. She has mentioned before how she loves to speak at industry conferences - but she’ll likely never get another high-profile speaking engagement. I have to admit, since I work in marketing and have done my fair share of panels and judging, that gives me pleasure - it’s one area that she can’t buy or make her parents or Rich fix for her. Gleam can’t even do it. It is genuinely earned through professionalism, which she doesn’t have a shred of. Getting her on a lineup at a Google or FB event or any major marketing conference panel would be basically impossible because she’s outdated and the work she produces is so, so poor. But the kicker is she’s just not smart - she can’t code, doesn’t understand data, and is no longer even a stellar editor because she hasn’t kept up with new techniques. And she’s a dick, so she can’t even talk about community building through engagement, or organic growth because she doesn’t have growth!!! #fail in LITERALLY every category that could get you a speaking engagement. It would be like putting a granny up on an industry panel.
Is there an influencer(s) who is up to date w/these newer techniques? I'm genuinely curious, but also wish tattle allowed DM's b/c I know Lily does creep on here so I'll understand if you choose not to answer.

Lily (and Anna) are mediocre mid-tier influencers at best. From what Lily's has said previously, her plan is to have her "renaissance" once her kids are in school full-time but that's what another 5 years? I truly hope another app comes along or TikTok takes over IG making it obsolete before then which in turn will end the careers of these mid-tier mediocre over privileged influencers for good. Last I checked, Lily has at most 6k followers on TikTok. Her peak has come and gone.

Reactions: 9
Lily and Anna may not be keen on new platforms, but their audience isn’t either. I have a TikTok, but only to know what my nephews and nieces are up to.

Lily and Anna are only able to speak as themselves, should they invited to anything. So, that’s more the Vidcon-type panels. Not as industry experts.

Reactions: 6
We have u-shaped kitchen with a pantry closet. We finished the remodel around the same time the KonMari wave hit. Those containers you see all these influenzas rocking in their pantry organization hauls are insanely expensive. Care to guess how we got a majority of our pantry containers? Hint: Think neighborhood garage sales, thrift stores, and hand-me-downs from friends and family. The amount of perfectly good items people just tossed out during that time because it wasn't Instagram worthy or made of icky plastic was insane. As for spice storage, I use 4oz mason jars I found at a garage sale. I wanted to get spice containers but almost had a heart attack at the price. The cheapest I could find was $32. I got my collection of jelly jars for the extravagant price of $3.60 (.30 each for a set of 12). Then I bought a set of screw on lids with a rubber gasket off Amazon. Keeps them airtight so the spices stay fresh.

As far as labeling is concerned, I personally think label makers are a huge waste of money. Just create a label sheet in Word or LibreOffice and print everything off on plain printer paper. Then cut them out and adhere them on your containers with clear tape or packing tape. I've collected a lot 32 and 64 ounce mason jars over the years so unless it's something like sugar or flour (which I store in my freezer like every sane person should thankyouverymuch!), I rarely label anything but spices. If you cannot look at a jar of noodles and recognize what it is, pantry organization is the least of your concerns my friend. 😂🤣 A lot of pre-packaged snacks for kids are individually labeled. Just throw them into a basket and be done with it. Why do these influenzas insist on overcomplicating things?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Yes, she absolutely thinks this. She thinks her bunk ass degree and all her little intern jobs that she got through her dad “prepared” her for this career in advertising. She thinks so highly of herself that she used to talk about what changes Insta should implement - like they care about a has-been, mid-tier influencer’s opinion. She hasn’t been a best case example or thought leader for any platform usage for years and years now, and she won’t ever be again. The ship has sailed on her speaking and doing signings or whatever the duck she did at Video Con etc.

100 percent. I also work in marketing and have a master's degree in BA/Economics. I get so much second hand embarrassment whenever Lily gives her "industry talks" because just like with her interiors, she's a good 3 to 4 years behind every trend. And like you said, she's just not very insightful and does not understand the most basic causalities in consumer behaviour. She has no funnel strategy for building, engaging and keeping her audience with her content. She has no brand strategy because she wants to keep all her options open in terms of freebies. She does not challenge herself or venture into new things but still thinks she's an industry trailblazer because she has a degree from 11 years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
100 percent. I also work in marketing and have a master's degree in BA/Economics. I get so much second hand embarrassment whenever Lily gives her "industry talks" because just like with her interiors, she's a good 3 to 4 years behind every trend. And like you said, she's just not very insightful and does not understand the most basic causalities in consumer behaviour. She has no funnel strategy for building, engaging and keeping her audience with her content. She has no brand strategy because she wants to keep all her options open in terms of freebies. She does not challenge herself or venture into new things but still thinks she's an industry trailblazer because she has a degree from 11 years ago.
Just as the pandemic hit she did some sort of bit of Gleam around how Covid would impact influencer marketing and it was so awful. She was clearly out of her depth and awkward. I also remember her and Rich watching the John Lewis xmas advert a few years ago and filming themselves because they are 'marketing geeks' - I lol'd so hard because I really think they try to position themselves as this marketing power couple.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
i think its funny that she tries to pose like a model but ends up looking like a gormless Victorian ghost with a vacant expression

• Haha
Reactions: 17
After all our mason jars talk, did anyone get served ad like this. :cautious:
1625563397945.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Just as the pandemic hit she did some sort of bit of Gleam around how Covid would impact influencer marketing and it was so awful. She was clearly out of her depth and awkward. I also remember her and Rich watching the John Lewis xmas advert a few years ago and filming themselves because they are 'marketing geeks' - I lol'd so hard because I really think they try to position themselves as this marketing power couple.
Does Rich work in a marketing role?

Reactions: 2
wonder if rich is leaving to be a full time dad ahead of navy's arrival?

• Wow
Reactions: 22
We have u-shaped kitchen with a pantry closet. We finished the remodel around the same time the KonMari wave hit. Those containers you see all these influenzas rocking in their pantry organization hauls are insanely expensive. Care to guess how we got a majority of our pantry containers? Hint: Think neighborhood garage sales, thrift stores, and hand-me-downs from friends and family. The amount of perfectly good items people just tossed out during that time because it wasn't Instagram worthy or made of icky plastic was insane. As for spice storage, I use 4oz mason jars I found at a garage sale. I wanted to get spice containers but almost had a heart attack at the price. The cheapest I could find was $32. I got my collection of jelly jars for the extravagant price of $3.60 (.30 each for a set of 12). Then I bought a set of screw on lids with a rubber gasket off Amazon. Keeps them airtight so the spices stay fresh.

As far as labeling is concerned, I personally think label makers are a huge waste of money. Just create a label sheet in Word or LibreOffice and print everything off on plain printer paper. Then cut them out and adhere them on your containers with clear tape or packing tape. I've collected a lot 32 and 64 ounce mason jars over the years so unless it's something like sugar or flour (which I store in my freezer like every sane person should thankyouverymuch!), I rarely label anything but spices. If you cannot look at a jar of noodles and recognize what it is, pantry organization is the least of your concerns my friend. 😂🤣 A lot of pre-packaged snacks for kids are individually labeled. Just throw them into a basket and be done with it. Why do these influenzas insist on overcomplicating things?
#guilty #notaninfluencer
I agree Lily is being ridiculous with labelling absolutely everything but the only way to keep my grain & pasta drawer from looking like an absolute tip is doing this 😁 also helps keep food moths out 🤷‍♀️ (spot the mess next to the jars, obviously works well lol)

dd.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
#guilty #notaninfluencer
I agree Lily is being ridiculous with labelling absolutely everything but the only way to keep my grain & pasta drawer from looking like an absolute tip is doing this 😁 also helps keep food moths out 🤷‍♀️ (spot the mess next to the jars, obviously works well lol)

View attachment 650103
Haha you foreigner stealing Lily’s job again. It looks so organised, think it made sense because you have a drawer

• Haha
Reactions: 12
What does Gemma styles comment even mean? What does this collab have anything to do with hello fresh? Or am I missing the point?
The last line in Lily's post about the vichy thing it said you get a free box of Hello Fresh if you order the product via Lookfantastic. It's the influencer product combo from hell. "I'm extremely here for it" Please calm down Mr Styles.

Haha you foreigner stealing Lily’s job again. It looks so organises, think it made sense because you have a drawer
I do the same with cupboards 😬

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m surprised he’s an associate director working only part time. That’s relatively high up, and he usually would have a team under him, so would expect it to be a full time role to manage a team.
Rich has done very well especially as he never seems particularly bright.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.