Lily Pebbles #21 hair so brittle it snaps, colour palette limited to shades of crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I remember correctly, wasn’t her reason for having that grey carpet that she admitted she didn’t like because “that’s just what you do” or something 😂 Please someone tell me I’m not going mad!!
Coz she was raised in a house that has carpet upstairs and because UK is so cold. No one told her that the Scandinavia states, Eastern Europe or even Germany and Netherlands are colder. Her private school’s syllabus is obviously different from ours.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
Coz she was raised in a house that has carpet upstairs and because UK is so cold. No one told her that the Scandinavia states, Eastern Europe or even Germany and Netherlands are colder. Her private school’s syllabus is obviously different from ours.
Also she said her she doesn’t want hard-wooden floors in her house because her sister has them and they get suuuper dusty, which is why she opted for carpet. Nobody told Lily carpet gets equally dusty but it’s just less visible.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Replacing the perfectly good grey carpet is hilarious. It is so insanely wasteful and such a Lily move. Who even cares? Her viewers/followers won't see the carpet at all. Such a joke.

Reactions: 23
Also she said her she doesn’t want hard-wooden floors in her house because her sister has them and they get suuuper dusty, which is why she opted for carpet. Nobody told Lily carpet gets equally dusty but it’s just less visible.
To be fair, this was always my parents’ reasoning for carpet even though I begged and pleaded for hardwood because all the cool kids had hardwood (wtf my priorities were SO misplaced). You definitely don’t notice dust as much with carpet. But it has it’s own issues. However, you don’t just replace perfectly good carpet with more carpet because you dislike your original color choice! It’s not even the feeling or the softness or the weave...it’s the farting color! How ridiculously shallow.

Reactions: 11
She said in one of her recent videos that she made a mistake choosing a grey carpet, but it was because all of her friends did it, so she did it as well 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I fee like that brown carpet is going to clash with the wood tones she had in the bedroom now.

Reactions: 12
Because she's a moron. I think a lot of Lily's personality can be explained by the fact that she's significantly younger than her sisters and was clearly a complete spoiled brat. She can't wait for anything, and has to have everything RIGHT NOW. Any sane person would realise that having major building work done would be a reason to wait, but not dear Lily.
Totally agree. She’s just used to being pandered to, told how clever (or ‘creative’) she is and used to getting a lot for doing very little. She appears to have few internal resources to dealing with anything remotely (normal) challenging. She fell into an industry that accommodates all this via sheer luck and now it’s moving on she literally can’t be bothered to do so as it would involve stretching herself in some way. Can’t see that happening.

Reactions: 15
I'm so appalled at the environmental impact of ripping out all that basically new carpet and replacing it, the very least she could do would be a large donation so an/some environmental charities but you can bet the thought won't even have crossed her beige obsessed mind.

Reactions: 24
Now that it's been talked about here I bet she'll talk about how she is going to offset getting rid of perfectly good carpet with some sort of token gesture. We'll all know it's for show though because she hasn't ONCE mentioned it in the many times she's begged for carpets over the last 18months.

Reactions: 22
I also have carpet in my house upstairs, and for the same reason as Lily. I do think hardwood looks better and you're all right about rugs to warm it up but I was on a budget (a proper real person budget like we all have). Anyway - what is her obsession with having the same carpet right through the house? When I went carpet shopping the salesman showed me different carpets for different areas - so you have hardwearing carpet like she's shown for your hallway for instances because there's a lot of wear and tear in there. But you can get away with a fluffier carpet for your bedroom because how often do you walk around it? So why does her whole house have to have the same type of carpet?

Reactions: 21
Not going to lie, we are getting new carpet in our bedrooms soon and I’m confused about getting grey like Lily and regretting it (especially as it reminds me of Lily lolllll) or giving in to a trend likely to die soon and getting oatmeal/beige...

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Not going to lie, we are getting new carpet in our bedrooms soon and I’m confused about getting grey like Lily and regretting it (especially as it reminds me of Lily lolllll) or giving in to a trend likely to die soon and getting oatmeal/beige...
Our developer put in a beige one in our flat, actually no one really cares about the carpet. I think quality > colour in any case. 60-70% of your floor space are covered by furniture, idk why she is so fixated.

Reactions: 9
We haven't replaced the carpet in our house since moving in a couple of years ago and downstairs is grey, upstairs is a mixture of grey, beige/sand type colour and a random blue room. My personal view is that I prefer the beige, it seems more of a true neutral and more of our furniture seems to go with it, the grey can feel a bit cold. But that's just my personal opinion, I don't actually know what I'll choose when we do eventually replace it!

Reactions: 8
I can kind of understand her being so bothered by the color. I have a lovely kitchen but used to have grey flooring, which made everything look drab and lifeless. As soon as I changed the color to warm wood (only vinyl, lol not actual wood), the entire room looked so much more inviting and brought out the warmth of the wooden countertops instead of clashing with it, so I can understand why she's hellbent on changing the carpet. Shame that they probably spent tons on the initial one and have to tear that one out....

Reactions: 8
We haven't replaced the carpet in our house since moving in a couple of years ago and downstairs is grey, upstairs is a mixture of grey, beige/sand type colour and a random blue room. My personal view is that I prefer the beige, it seems more of a true neutral and more of our furniture seems to go with it, the grey can feel a bit cold. But that's just my personal opinion, I don't actually know what I'll choose when we do eventually replace it!
I’m not a Lily and totally wouldn’t replace it unless we have to - it’s in pretty grim condition and want to change it before we have a baby. I think I’ve been following her too long that I’ve become indecisive about it hahah.

Reactions: 4
I’m not a Lily and totally wouldn’t replace it unless we have to - it’s in pretty grim condition and want to change it before we have a baby. I think I’ve been following her too long that I’ve become indecisive about it hahah.
Oh no totally, I want to replace ours at some point too (some is from the 70's, some the 90's and some the 2000's) - I was just giving my opinion on the colours!
I think beige is trendy but I don't think it's just trendy, I do genuinely think it's a nice neutral choice for a carpet.

Reactions: 5
I have cheap shirts carpet in the bedrooms at my house. The previous owner put it in. I was to put better quality in but it will be a pain to do with the furniture and my cat will probably just dig at it.

Reactions: 2
Oh no totally, I want to replace ours at some point too (some is from the 70's, some the 90's and some the 2000's) - I was just giving my opinion on the colours!
I think beige is trendy but I don't think it's just trendy, I do genuinely think it's a nice neutral choice for a carpet.
HAHA, I think for carpet, you either get beige or light grey (risk looking like Hinch fanatic). I will go for beige though, is more versatile.
https://www.theannaedit.com/my-current-interiors-wishlist-room-by-room/ Ours is similar to the one Anna had.

Reactions: 4
"I knew it would be love" Of course it would be Lily. It's another basic brown eyeshadow stick that you can rub on your crusty eyelids and achieve the same result and look as every other basic brown eyeshadow that you own. How was this woman ever considered a beauty influencer??

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.