Lily Pebbles #17 Lil-lets flushes tampons down the loo, the one where Rich isn't allowed to do a number 2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know, if mommy blogger is the ONLY thing Gleam and Lily can think of to salvage her career, a topic that Lily publicly stated she didn’t want to be associated with, that just shows how aimless her life is. She has no other interests to talk about or share. She can’t talk about books or news, culture or activist movements. She has to choose mommy content because she’s forced to be a mom every day. And she is mainly a consumerist mommy blogger— sell sell sell. Don’t really see her doing an educational/enrichment slant, or have deep pondering on parenthood and climate change anxiety. To hark back to what Lily herself said, if she didn’t have a kid, her life would basically be nothing-y.

Reactions: 34
We eat similar meal to what Lily gives Grey on the 3 nights our daughter has dinner with us. (She is at nursery the other 4.) We all have the same. That goes for lunch as well as dinner.

If we want anything spicy/salty/a bit naughty then we have it on the days she doesn't eat with us.

I love eating as a family and think it is so important. My daughter also loves to 'help' me in the kitchen. On the day my husband is at work I just pick something really simple to prep like a tray bake.

Reactions: 12
I can see it from both sides. I like having meals with just my husband - it's us time and we can enjoy cooking without a little one to entertain at the same time. On the other hand, eating together is also nice and my daughter loves sitting with us and is more inclined to try new things if she sees us eating the same. We compromise that at weekends we eat as a family and weekdays we eat separately due to work and nursery. But like others have said, Lily doesn't have this issue. I suspect it's more that when Rich is working, she can't manage dinner and Grey together. So in that case, meal prep, do something simple, stick something in a slow cooker.

• Heart
Genuine question, how do you cook a full meal while your toddler is around? I can’t see how I can get my toddler involved in cooking most things, and I wouldn’t be able to leave him unsupervised for that long, as he likes to climb on the sofas and has almost fallen off them before. Do you just put them in front of the TV?
Also, if you haven’t already, I’d recommend What Mummy Makes book. Most of the recipes are pretty quick to make and they’re super tasty. Plus a lot can be frozen

Reactions: 4
That meal plan is sooo pretentious, as well as a blatant muscle in (aka copying) of her supposed ‘work wife’. Wonderful if Grey eats such a wide range of food (and I say that as a bitter toddler mother whose kid is going through a very fussy stage 😂) but makes no sense to me to make two meals so often.
If she is going down the mummy blogger route, then they should get Grey involved in the ‘fake it or bake it’ videos - would be much more entertaining!

Reactions: 11
Lily Pebbles #18 Can’t build a snowman, must stay insidey. Got meals to plan, and content to snidey. (She likes to add y’s! A snidey is a copy, well it is if you’re northern anyway 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Was coming up with that sad list really more important than missing your daughter's first snow ? She really does not like being a mum, does she?

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Lily Pebbles #18 Can’t build a snowman, must stay insidey. Got meals to plan, and content to snidey. (She likes to add y’s! A snidey is a copy, well it is if you’re northern anyway 😂)
Lily is a Londoner. She doesn't speak northern. In fact she barely speaks English at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don't usually post on this thread but I just saw her meal plan post and thought wtf?! Numerous questions, why does she not eat the same meals as her child? It's not baby food. Do they not eat together at meal times? I've got three kids and we've always eaten together at the table. Why pay for Hello Fresh when she's cooking all those perfectly fine meals for Grey? Yeah I know, affiliate links lining her pockets but still. Why cook twice when you don't need to?
I'll bet my house that when Lily was little she threw tantrums because she didn't like the food she was given so her mother cooked her different food to everyone else in the family. She probably thinks it's normal that a child eat differently to the grown ups which is why she does it with her own child 🤷‍♀️.

So the conclusion is...No one told her that her child could eat the same food as her and Rich :rolleyes:.

Reactions: 21
Shilly Beggles: Thinking about baby number two, hey Rich, pull the tampons out of MY loo.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Amusing that she thinks this is actually a ‘talent’

View attachment 401198
Ah but unfortunately that's your fault for taking her seriously... her exceptional British sarcastic humour is just too sophisticated for you!

I'm kidding of course, I agree that her caption is unfunny and wholeheartedly believe that Lily thought it would come of as witty self deprecation

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Genuine question, how do you cook a full meal while your toddler is around? I can’t see how I can get my toddler involved in cooking most things, and I wouldn’t be able to leave him unsupervised for that long, as he likes to climb on the sofas and has almost fallen off them before. Do you just put them in front of the TV?
It can be difficult but it can be fun, you just get it done and I REFUSE to cook separate meals. It’s all kinds of unwise to do that, and is just setting you up for problems down the line. These two have the weirdest parenting habits and schedules, it’s just a bizarre mindset.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.