Lily Pebbles #17 Lil-lets flushes tampons down the loo, the one where Rich isn't allowed to do a number 2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not so much a stupid name as it is a sad one, especially since it pretty much stands for how Lily sees her daughter and life since the birth: grey and depressing.
(no offense to any Greys present, I'm sure you're all amazing and had great parents who didn't see you as a nuisance!!)
I think she was thinking more of grey as a nuanced colour, which is weird, because Lily is very black & white herself.

Genuine question, how do you cook a full meal while your toddler is around? I can’t see how I can get my toddler involved in cooking most things, and I wouldn’t be able to leave him unsupervised for that long, as he likes to climb on the sofas and has almost fallen off them before. Do you just put them in front of the TV?
My friend used to always give her son a whole onion to play with.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It can be difficult but it can be fun, you just get it done and I REFUSE to cook separate meals. It’s all kinds of unwise to do that, and is just setting you up for problems down the line. These two have the weirdest parenting habits and schedules, it’s just a bizarre mindset.
I wonder if some of it comes from the fact they are home with Grey 24/7. Pre-Covid, a lot parents worked outside of the home. What time we had with our children was very precious. I know quite a few families who are eating separately from their children during these strange times. They still eat the same food, just at different times. I can't wait to eat until 8/8:30 at night so that's never going to happen in our household. Someone might lose a limb if we did.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I expect it's their extremely rigid routine and fact that Grey eats too early for them. Makes sense the days Rich was working in the office and not home until late but surely they could tweak it a little now they're both always home. For someone always moaning about having no time she does make things difficult for herself.

She's going to have a big shock when she has two

Reactions: 21
I expect it's their extremely rigid routine and fact that Grey eats too early for them. Makes sense the days Rich was working in the office and not home until late but surely they could tweak it a little now they're both always home. For someone always moaning about having no time she does make things difficult for herself.

She's going to have a big shock when she has two
She will get the biggest shock when Grey turns two. For someone who had several nieces/nephews who lived close by she seems to be totally clueless about children and the various stages they go through. I also think she's going to find it incredibly difficult when Grey drops her nap and she has a newborn to deal with (not speculating about her being pregnant at all - she's made it clear that baby number 2 will be happening this year).

I feel sorry for Rich because when Lily eventually does get pregnant, it will give her even more of an excuse to slob around and do nothing.

Reactions: 13
I can see it from both sides. I like having meals with just my husband - it's us time and we can enjoy cooking without a little one to entertain at the same time. On the other hand, eating together is also nice and my daughter loves sitting with us and is more inclined to try new things if she sees us eating the same. We compromise that at weekends we eat as a family and weekdays we eat separately due to work and nursery. But like others have said, Lily doesn't have this issue. I suspect it's more that when Rich is working, she can't manage dinner and Grey together. So in that case, meal prep, do something simple, stick something in a slow cooker.
Totally agree with this. I thought the meal plan seemed fair enough! There is no way my husband could eat with us in the week, even while working from home, because his job demands he is having calls etc at client say so until 7pm earliest and his boss expects him to be emailing and available at the time my toddler eats. Maybe Rich’s work is the same? I love eating with my toddler, but I also like the brief bit of alone time my husband and I have in the evening when we have dinner together. I barely see him and so we choose to do that and eat all together at the weekend. We have breakfast together so it isn’t like there are no family meals in the week.

I personally looked at the meal plan and thought how lucky she is that Grey will eat all of that, while my 2 year old is on her beige stage.....

Reactions: 10
So, do we think that her child is actually eating that? I get the impression she’s being fed normal food and this idiot has just written stuff down to make the rest of the parents and “non Londoners” feel bad.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I’m only watching the new born essential video now. I have a 6 month old and think this video is not helpful at all. Lily is so high and mighty about everything. She says you don’t need a hairbrush for a baby but I use mine literally every day. I also use the baby towel every time I wash my daughter. Same with a nappy bin and changing table, those are absolute essentials for me! I literally change my baby’s nappy 10 times a day, why would that not be essential? Btw please don’t get me wrong you can obviously go without any of these items I just thought this was a bit rich from Lily who had an essentials list of 300 items in the first place.
Just a bad video as usual

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I’m only watching the new born essential video now. I have a 6 month old and think this video is not helpful at all. Lily is so high and mighty about everything. She says you don’t need a hairbrush for a baby but I use mine literally every day. I also use the baby towel every time I wash my daughter. Same with a nappy bin and changing table, those are absolute essentials for me! I literally change my baby’s nappy 10 times a day, why would that not be essential? Btw please don’t get me wrong you can obviously go without any of these items I just thought this was a bit rich from Lily who had an essentials list of 300 items in the first place.
Maybe Rich should do this video instead of Lily because we are know it was Rich that does majority of this

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Lily Pebbles: content is a bore, parenting a chore, Rich is running out the door!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I found her tone quite strange. Like she didn't really say 'I thought i'd need this and actually I didn't use it as much as I thought'. It was all 'you think you need this and actually you don't'.

Reactions: 14
I found her tone quite strange. Like she didn't really say 'I thought i'd need this and actually I didn't use it as much as I thought'. It was all 'you think you need this and actually you don't'.
She’s just so condescending. It’s one thing to be like “I had this because I thought I needed it, but didn’t get much use out of it so I wanted to let you know because it might save you some money or space” and quite another to be like “you don’t need this”. I don’t have kids and I don’t live in London, but sometimes I find these sorts of videos from people like Lily so...unnecessary. Especially since every family is different and has different needs. Based on Lily’s full YouTube video repertoire and all the tit she spouts, I wouldn’t take her recommendations on anything.

Also, no wonder she said she didn’t need a changing table or a diaper genie...her kid is sleeping in a glorified closet. There’s no room for either of those things!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She’s just so condescending. It’s one thing to be like “I had this because I thought I needed it, but didn’t get much use out of it so I wanted to let you know because it might save you some money or space” and quite another to be like “you don’t need this”.
Lily is the epitome of condescending

She’s just so condescending. It’s one thing to be like “I had this because I thought I needed it, but didn’t get much use out of it so I wanted to let you know because it might save you some money or space” and quite another to be like “you don’t need this”. I don’t have kids and I don’t live in London, but sometimes I find these sorts of videos from people like Lily so...unnecessary. Especially since every family is different and has different needs. Based on Lily’s full YouTube video repertoire and all the tit she spouts, I wouldn’t take her recommendations on anything.

Also, no wonder she said she didn’t need a changing table or a diaper genie...her kid is sleeping in a glorified closet. There’s no room for either of those things!
Yes! We had a changing table (still do use it for our two year old) we had the room for it and it saved my back!
Seems to me Lily has a very high opinion of her opinions if that makes sense. My advice to all new parents would be you do what you think is right, if you think you need it then get it!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Lily will be desperate to get pregnant again now that one half of the We Are Twinset girls are pregnant... she’ll want to copy all her pregnancy looks and poses!

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.