Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
So if the podcast ever had any original ideas, they have been exhausted!

Next week, they are talking about..... wait for it.... their teenage years. Again. 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Anna: So Lily, our first question is from a listener who is sixteen and has never been kissed. What advice would you give them?
Lily: Well, obviously I wouldn't know anything about that, as I had a serious boyfriend when I was fifteen.
Anna: Oh My Word, Lily, that's right, you did. You have mentioned that in the past.
Lily: Yeah, my parents actually let me go on holiday with him when I was fifteen. It was just us and one other couple.
Anna: Oh My Word, my parents.... well, my parents would so not have been cool with that. They would not have been here for that situation.
Lily: Yeah, I mean, my parents were so relaxed. I guess it's because I'm the youngest in my family. I can't imagine ever being that relaxed with Grey. Obviously that's not something you'd know anything about, Anna, but when you have kids, you'll get it.
Anna: *Titters*
Lily: Yeah, I was actually on the pill when I was fifteen.
Anna: OH MY WORD! *Fans self*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72

Ohchristmastree

Just like to throw out a direct quote from the latest podcast.
Anna “how was your Christmas?”
Lily “For us Londoners it was all a bit of a last minute panic.”
No, everyone had to change their plans, this wasn’t exclusive to London.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60

Applesbananas

There is no way she’s had that peloton for 3 months, I’ve only had mine for a month (we rent ours) and I have managed to advance fine and being able to stand on the bike is something you should be able to do straight away, it’s just basic balance skills. I hope Rich takes videos of her and mocks her to his friends.

where is the bike also? I can’t seem to work it out
Long time lurker posting for the first time! Her Peloton profile is public so I decided to take a peek. In the past 3 months, she has quit 7 out of 19 beginner rides which explains a lot in terms of her lack of progress. I’m not claiming to be a fitness expert but it seems unreasonable to complain about how difficult workouts are without putting forth any real effort towards improving. Extra unreasonable to think her workouts need to be followed by protein shakes...

• Haha
Reactions: 60

quince

Lily said on the podcast how she doesn't find Ryan Gosling attractive, how he's pointy or whatever. I think it's quite offensive to Anna cause we all know she's convinced Mark looks like Gosling so it comes across as an indirect little insult, a passive-agressive thing to say. It's not a big deal of course and I don't like Gosling either but I probably wouldn't have said it to a friend who thinks her husband looks like him, and especially not on a podcast. She's just such a bitch.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 57

Loopiloo

Listening to the podcast, and Lily says she misses being a “proper Londoner”, going out in the morning and being out and about until 6pm...no Lily, that’s everyone! It’s not like it’s only Londoners who work full time 🙄

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
Even if she has the tiniest bit of creativity (which I'm not sure she does) she sucks the life out of it with her constant oversharing.

Case in point: her razor advert. It could have come across as creative but instead she gave us all the background info, showing how it was done, posting a story celebrating that the brand had approved it. When she finally posted the finished product it was a bit of a let down after all the build up.

Another example: Her instagram post in the black top. It could have looked like a spontaneous outfit post. But a couple of days earlier she posted a story of her doing her makeup 'for a shoot' and then another one of her putting her boots on 'for a shoot'. So it's evident that there's no way she would be wearing that top if it weren't gifted or part of a brand commitment.

Often people like influencers for their natural sense of style and effortlessness. But Lily makes it all seem so torturous and strained. She probably thinks that she's 'being real' and 'showing behind the scenes'. But instead she's just showing how un-her and unnatural it all is for her, and showing how much effort it takes for her to produce the bare minimum of content.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 49

shayshay

Can you imagine how pissed off Mark would be if Lily took her muddy shoes up the stairs in their new house? I think he would actually lose his shit.
I would pay to watch a wife swap video to see Mark put up with none of Lily’s 💩
I think it was mentioned here before - Rich might also realise life isn’t so bad if you have a wife that’s nice to you!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48

palmer

Chatty Member
Her reply is the definition of performative activism. "You can't hold what I say against me because I donate to charity!" It's like if someone said the N-word, got called out on it, and then replied "please remember you just don't know what I do behind the scenes -- I went to a BLM protest last month." That's not how it works, Dimly. If anything, the fact that you (supposedly) do stuff behind the scenes in relation to food poverty makes it significantly worse, because you should know better than to make such insensitive comments as someone who's (again, supposedly) delved into the issue. And if you've really done work to educate yourself on the issue yet still go on to make comments like this, then you need to really question how you approach things because it sounds like you're not coming from a genuine place. If you were, you would have a deeper understanding of the issues at stake and would naturally show yourself to be more sensitive. Instead, right now it sounds like she only does 'charity work' because that's "what you're supposed to do" when you're an online person these days. Furthermore, considering the amount of times this woman has said questionable things that she got backlash over throughout her online career, it's really astounding to see that she's NEVER offered a proper apology. Her exit card has always been, "there's something you don't know," "remember I don't show everything online," "I do things behind the scenes." Always the same excuse. Except that's not an excuse at all. If you mess up, just say sorry instead of trying to put it on the other person for "not knowing the full story." It really doesn't matter what you do in other areas, a mishap is still a mishap. If Mother Teresa said something offensive, people would still call her out on it even though she's Mother effing Teresa and everyone knows she does plenty of charitable things overall. The point is that, in this particular instance, it would be completely irrelevant what else she does -- the only thing that would matter is that she said something that offended people, and I guarantee you Mother Teresa would have apologized for it without saying "but I've helped this cause in other ways though."

Don't get me started on the fact that she seemingly set up a tripod or asked Rich to take a pic of her staring at her fridge. Imagine doing that and calling it your job. I would be so embarrassed.

Last edited:
  • Heart

under the ivy

VIP Member
Absolutely not 😂 she said on her latest vlog she went into depth about the work her and rich do for local food banks 🤷🏻‍♀️
So that makes it OK then? 🙄 I just don’t understand what ‘behind the scenes’ could mean in relation to that post - she still explicitly & knowingly posted a picture of a full fridge, moaning it was dull in order to get the middle-class mummy brigade to reply going ‘i can relate, it’s so hard getting saffron to eat haddock goujons instead of cod’ or something to that effect 😂

• Haha

CDoop102

Recap (my first time doing this so please add in!)
- List of things she "was never told" is ever increasing. The latest being that you couldn't flush tampons. She blocked the tiolet and poor Rich had to unblock it and was so traumatized that he researched wee bags she could use instead of flushing.
-Speaking of Rich, the poor man still doesn't have a desk, still does most of the parenting but Lily is still getting the digs in every possible time she can on instagram.
- Lily went offline for a week which is most unlike her (she's always posting content no one asks for), we all think it was to hide her breaking COVID rules for her Christmas day dinner. This was added to when she put up a picture of her having her christmas dinner without gravy but then later having her leftover sandwich with gravy. Where did the gravy come from Lily?
- This winter seems to be the first time Lily has spent any amount of time outside and is now therefore an expert in how to dress for cold weather and has kindly done us a video on it.
- She keeps telling us she's found her groove again after having "her" but no noticeable increase in the quality of her content.
- She's doing more and more content with Grey and showing her "Grey days" in which she seems like a 15 year old who was given a tenner to babysit their cousin for the day.
- Despite the above she is trying for baby no 2. She is making this obvious by chatting more and more about getting cystitis. And of course, educating us all on this.
- The begging continues - the latest being baby clothes for "her" and cold weather clothes for Lily.
- She seems to be doing a complete 360 on house design and now only shows her "scandi" inspired storage in all photos. Despite having the second biggest bedroom in her house all to herself.
- The jealously is still real towards Anna. Latest being Anna released a stationery edit and Lily didn't mention it or like it at all.

There's so much more! Feel free to add!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

MissD

So she says she’s been doing it for 3 months in that story. She has a public peloton profile, and from looking at it I think that claim is a bit disingenuous 🤷‍♀️

Also Anna follows Lily on Peloton but Lily doesn’t follow Anna...classic Lily

• Haha
Reactions: 46

Helmi

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already but I only got around to listening to their latest podcast episode. It's so obvious that Lily spent Christmas Day at her parents' place despite being in Tier 4. She was extremely vague when describing the whole day because obviously she did not want to lie but also did not want to admit that they had broken lockdown rules. Then she said that she didn't want to "dwell on it" and wanted to move on. Yeah, this is the person who shares everything from flushing tampons to her disgusting crusty lips but Christmas is all of a sudden too personal, mmkay. Then at one point they were talking about families creating their own Christmas traditions and Lily's mother being really adamant about having Lily et co. sleep over on Christmas Eve and then quickly she added "obviously it couldn't happen" with an awkward laugh. And again, she didn't explicitly say that they didn't go over, just that lockdown rules wouldn't allow it. Very sneaky.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Haven't listened to the podcast, but I have heard Lily talk about music before; the way she drones on about it you'd swear she was spending her evenings at underground music venues listening to undiscovered shoegaze bands. Then she goes and plays the Eagles.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45