Lily Pebbles #17 Lil-lets flushes tampons down the loo, the one where Rich isn't allowed to do a number 2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw this on TikTok about a girl called Grey talking about how she thinks her name is stupid.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
It's not so much a stupid name as it is a sad one, especially since it pretty much stands for how Lily sees her daughter and life since the birth: grey and depressing.
(no offense to any Greys present, I'm sure you're all amazing and had great parents who didn't see you as a nuisance!!)

Reactions: 19
I think there is some advantage to making a newborn essentials checklist with the benefit of hindsight rather than doing it straight away when you still have a newborn, but two years later is slightly taking the biscuit!

Reactions: 19
Naming your child an out-there risky name because you think it's cool is the most selfish and narcissistic thing anyone can do in my opinion. Unusual/rare names? Fine. But names that could even potentially cause jokes is so, so cruel. 50 shades of Grey jokes, Grey's anatomy jokes etc.
Should kids make fun of someone for their name? 100% absolutely not, those kids are mean. But it will happen, and you can't just decide that "oh well it will teach her that she shouldn't be friends with those kids", because it doesn't work like that. A lot of people have unusual names and get by just fine (the survivors who were likely gifted with great looks and charisma that they can just "own" the name), but others really don't and can't shake it off, especially if they are lacking in confidence anyway. Your child's name is NOT an opportunity to show your own personally/ tastes. Use fashion, home decor, or even a pet for that. Choose something low risk yet still something you like and have every reason to believe they will like. Don't make your child a target when they don't have to be.

If you couldn't already tell, I have one of these names (Doddie is a nickname because I hated it so much). I'm not going to say what it is, but it is a very typical "grandma" sounding name and people used to make fun of me loads and it knocked my confidence so much. Every time I met someone new I would wince when I would have to tell them my name (obviously most people couldn't care less, but the bullies who did make fun of my name really got in my head).

To be honest, I don't even think Grey is that bad, but it's definitely on the borderline.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I
I think there is some advantage to making a newborn essentials checklist with the benefit of hindsight rather than doing it straight away when you still have a newborn, but two years later is slightly taking the biscuit!
Agree. I would say at about 8 months would be the the perfect time. You are out of that newborn stage and if you haven't used something aimed at babies by then you probably won't do.

So Lily is about a year late with this!

Reactions: 13
I

Agree. I would say at about 8 months would be the the perfect time. You are out of that newborn stage and if you haven't used something aimed at babies by then you probably won't do.

So Lily is about a year late with this!
Yeah this much down the line you can barely remember the newborn days at all. She must have been advised to do it for money/views.

I don't think her Essentials video was that bad but I also find it strange that she's doing this video when her kid is turning 2 this spring. Surely if she was planning to have a baby this year it would've been better content to use after she'd gone public with the second pregnancy and come at from the angle of getting ready to be a mum to a newborn again. She's either trying to get in there before Anna gets pregnant and produces the same video (see: pdf checklist) or she's doing it because she knows these sorts of videos gets loads of views.

I did take issue with a few things in the video. Firstly, a lot of the stuff she talked about was at the higher end of baby stuff and we know she got gifted a lot of stuff (snuzpod, bugaboo, tibia and marl bag). I know she was coming from her own perspective but she would've done better to given range of more affordable options, websites where stuff could be rented (she did include a text line about this but blink and you'd miss it) or talked about looking on local mum/swap and sell groups for stuff. TheFrugality is really good at this kind of content but coming from Lily it's like she assumes that everyone can drop a couple of grand to stock up on baby gear.

She talked a lot about second baby like it was a given. The fact that Grey would be out of the cot by the time a second baby came etc. As always assuming that getting pregnant is a given for her!

She made a reference to people buying kids shoes when they couldn't walk - a dig at Anna maybe? Anna bought Grey some really cute sandals when she turned 1 (and before she could walk). The way Lily dismissed baby shoes was so patronising and condescending.

Lastly, she talked about not needed a bath thermometer because her mum just used her elbow and Lily was planning to do the same. She then said something along the lines of not needed to buy too many things because our parents didn't have a lot of this kind of stuff and we all survived. This literally coming out the mouth of a woman who just talked about her TWO high end buggies and how she had two baby baths amongst a load of other stuff she was just shilling to everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 33
I’m very surprised there are no snow photos today. Do we think that Lily is breaking lockdown rules???

Reactions: 15
Why was she not out there building the snowman with them instead of filming it from inside? Bit sad to miss out on that.

Reactions: 24
Is Lily the stepmother? (Edit Disclaimer: Not all stepmothers are bad)

• Haha
She was 'meal planning' and has no time to build the first snowman with her kid because she's a busy London mum, obviously!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Why was she not out there building the snowman with them instead of filming it from inside? Bit sad to miss out on that.
Would've have been far too cold for Lily out there? She hasn't got her freebie North Face jacket yet.

She was 'meal planning' and has no time to build the first snowman with her kid because she's a busy London mum, obviously!
Meal planning as follows Hello Fresh x 3 nights, takeaway x 1 night and pasta with ketchup x 2 nights - leaving 1 x night to stare glumly into the fridge and complain about having nothing to eat.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I honestly can't believe she missed out on that, I missed my daughter's first snow day because I was at work all day, she was just inside being lazy!
At least Grey will have lovely memories with her dad to look back on.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
sadly Grey is going to grow up to be one of those “ my mum won’t do that with me” “my mum doesn’t play with me” “my mum isn’t fun” “mum didn’t come out in the snow with me” child. It’s really sad. My best friend is one of these people because her mum never wanted to play with her or take her anyway. It was always her dad

Reactions: 14
So many lists and cookbooks lately, even downloadable lists for her followers! How long until she rebrands herself as “Edits by Pebbles”? You know, totally different to anything out there, as she’s an OG.

Today, while on a walk with my fiancé, I kept thinking how I would love to have a kid and enjoy this magic day with them. To see Lily missing Grey’s first snowpeople is utterly sad.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
View attachment 400094
BLATANTLY copying Anna. Checklists are Anna’s thing. I’ve downloaded and used a few of Anna’s lists in the past. If my work-wife/close friend was popular for particular content, I wouldn’t encroach on that, let alone copy the exact content she offers. Shameless.
"PHARMECEUTICALS"

My god this woman is an opportunistic venal illiterate toad

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She’s gone fully Mum Blogger. She’s posted her frigging meal plan, a written proof that Grey has her meals on her own. How much easier and cheaper would be for them all to have the same meals?

Reactions: 22
A814D3C1-E487-4ED4-B8D0-E3B37766C2F7.jpeg

so wasteful. Why cook 2 separate meals each day for dinner? Surely it’s easier to just give your child a small portion of your own dinner? Especially as a “busy full time working London mum”!

• Wow
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.