Lily Pebbles #17 Lil-lets flushes tampons down the loo, the one where Rich isn't allowed to do a number 2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s gone fully Mum Blogger. She’s posted her frigging meal plan, a written proof that Grey has her meals on her own. How much easier and cheaper would be for them all to have the same meals?
Exactly! It’s not like Grey is just having fish fingers and spaghetti hoops...she’s having honey and soy salmon with noodles! Child eats fancier meals than I do! It’s infinitely easier, cheaper and more logical to just bung in another 2 fillets and few more noodle nests for Lily and Rich.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Would've have been far too cold for Lily out there? She hasn't got her freebie North Face jacket yet.

Meal planning as follows Hello Fresh x 3 nights, takeaway x 1 night and pasta with ketchup x 2 nights - leaving 1 x night to stare glumly into the fridge and complain about having nothing to eat.
I don’t get why she posed with the pen and paper to then put it up typed out on Insta? Such a waste of precious London mum time surely

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Exactly! It’s not like Grey is just having fish fingers and spaghetti hoops...she’s having honey and soy salmon with noodles! Child eats fancier meals than I do! It’s infinitely easier, cheaper and more logical to just bung in another 2 fillets and few more noodle nests for Lily and Rich.
I come from a family where meals together are a main event everyday, where life happens in the kitchen and we all pitch in. To see how little of that they have going on when they have all the possibilities...

Reactions: 21
Given they are both at home right now and her job doesn't demand she is at her desk until 6pm then
I don’t get why she posed with the pen and paper to then put it up typed out on Insta? Such a waste of precious London mum time surely
To show off the different diet her kid eats. It's all performative with her.

Reactions: 18
Given they are both at home right now and her job doesn't demand she is at her desk until 6pm
Yes exactly this! We only do family dinners about 3-4 times a week because either me or my husband can't be there some nights. But if we were in their situation I'd do them pretty much every night! So much easier and great for kids to eat with their parents.

Reactions: 7
Lily always likes to make these under handed critical passive aggressive comments. What’s wrong with buying a baby a pair of shoes even if they don’t walk. i don’t IIke taking my baby without shoes especially when it‘s cold outside or if I have to go to the doctors office or supermarket. Mind you I don’t like taking him out during a pandemic but sometimes I have no choice and no he doesn’t walk but I want his feet to have something on them besides socks. I’m not going to buy him a pair of air jordans but a simple inexpensive shoe or sneaker is not a bad thing.

Reactions: 14
How many times can she make a new born essentials. I swear this is the third time, right?

How many times can she make a new born essentials. I swear this is the third time, right?
Plus, isn't Grey 2?

I don't know much about newborn essentials, albeit I do have nieces and nephews, but surely in two years there's been advances in newborn essentials? Correct me if I'm wrong. Seems a bit odd to start going on about newborn essentials when you don't have a newborn...

Reactions: 15
It’s actually really beneficial to eat with your baby/ toddler so they can see your eating skills and try and mimic them. I’d say especially as she isn’t at any nursery/ day care setting she isn’t seeing these skills anywhere. I completely understand it’s not viable to cook the same meal for you and your toddler every night. I work Monday- Wednesdays and my toddler gets a hot cooked lunch at her childminders those days so dinner is a quick easy sandwich / similar before bed and I eat mine afterwards. But on the days I’m not working (Thursday- Sunday) we all eat the same meal at the same time at the same table. I have such fond memories of family dinner times in my house and want to emulate the same for my child/children. Lily and Rich are in a position where they can definitely cook the same meal for all of them. It’s just laziness in my opinion. Either that or Lily just doesn’t want Grey around. Like on Christmas Day when they had Christmas Dinner without her, how sad is that?

Reactions: 28
It’s actually really beneficial to eat with your baby/ toddler so they can see your eating skills and try and mimic them. I’d say especially as she isn’t at any nursery/ day care setting she isn’t seeing these skills anywhere. I completely understand it’s not viable to cook the same meal for you and your toddler every night. I work Monday- Wednesdays and my toddler gets a hot cooked lunch at her childminders those days so dinner is a quick easy sandwich / similar before bed and I eat mine afterwards. But on the days I’m not working (Thursday- Sunday) we all eat the same meal at the same time at the same table. I have such fond memories of family dinner times in my house and want to emulate the same for my child/children. Lily and Rich are in a position where they can definitely cook the same meal for all of them. It’s just laziness in my opinion. Either that or Lily just doesn’t want Grey around. Like on Christmas Day when they had Christmas Dinner without her, how sad is that?
Genuine question, how do you cook a full meal while your toddler is around? I can’t see how I can get my toddler involved in cooking most things, and I wouldn’t be able to leave him unsupervised for that long, as he likes to climb on the sofas and has almost fallen off them before. Do you just put them in front of the TV?

Reactions: 3
Genuine question, how do you cook a full meal while your toddler is around? I can’t see how I can get my toddler involved in cooking most things, and I wouldn’t be able to leave him unsupervised for that long, as he likes to climb on the sofas and has almost fallen off them before. Do you just put them in front of the TV?
Mine is happy to sit in kitchen in his high chair when I'm cooking as long as I keep talking to him and giving him 'jobs' to do (put things in a bowl, use a wooden spoon to mix dry pasta etc).

Reactions: 8
I know you didn't ask me but I am lucky and have a kitchen diner with most of my toddler's toys in the dining room so she plays there while I cook and I go back and forth between playing with her and cooking. We also bought her a kitchen tower for Christmas so often she'll stand next to me at the worktop on that and I'll get her some toy fruit and veg and talk her through what I'm doing while I cook and she loves it!
It isn't always easy though, especially if she's tired and cranky, and I tend to allow about double the time it should take to cook any given meal accounting for distractions and emergency Duplo playing!

• Heart
Yeh it’s quite hard, sometimes it’s stressful. I usually prep as much or cook if I can the dinner whilst she is napping or I’ll get her involved where I can. Sometimes I just leave her in her playroom (it’s safe and has a stair gate across the door) sometimes I put her in front of the tv (eeek don’t judge ) and sometimes I get really stressed and we just eat beans on toast 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't usually post on this thread but I just saw her meal plan post and thought wtf?! Numerous questions, why does she not eat the same meals as her child? It's not baby food. Do they not eat together at meal times? I've got three kids and we've always eaten together at the table. Why pay for Hello Fresh when she's cooking all those perfectly fine meals for Grey? Yeah I know, affiliate links lining her pockets but still. Why cook twice when you don't need to?

Reactions: 29
I don't usually post on this thread but I just saw her meal plan post and thought wtf?! Numerous questions, why does she not eat the same meals as her child? It's not baby food. Do they not eat together at meal times? I've got three kids and we've always eaten together at the table. Why pay for Hello Fresh when she's cooking all those perfectly fine meals for Grey? Yeah I know, affiliate links lining her pockets but still. Why cook twice when you don't need to?
I guess what it boils down to at the end of the day, is that, well, no one told her.

give it two years and she’ll have cottoned on and she’ll do a vlog about the benefits of eating with your child

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yeh it’s quite hard, sometimes it’s stressful. I usually prep as much or cook if I can the dinner whilst she is napping or I’ll get her involved where I can. Sometimes I just leave her in her playroom (it’s safe and has a stair gate across the door) sometimes I put her in front of the tv (eeek don’t judge ) and sometimes I get really stressed and we just eat beans on toast 😂
That’s good to hear 😂 if you think about it, Lily and Rich actually have the perfect set up for entertaining Grey while they cook - play area right next to the kitchen, open plan dining/kitchen area with lots of space for toys. Unfortunately my house’s layout is not so good for that, but maybe I’ll have to try keeping my son occupied with small tasks or books while I cook.

Reactions: 6
That’s good to hear 😂 if you think about it, Lily and Rich actually have the perfect set up for entertaining Grey while they cook - play area right next to the kitchen, open plan dining/kitchen area with lots of space for toys. Unfortunately my house’s layout is not so good for that, but maybe I’ll have to try keeping my son occupied with small tasks or books while I cook.
Yeh, we’re not all as fortunate with our situations as Lily which is what infuriates me about her. She’s lucky she has Rich at home (neither are commuting or working out of the home) so they definitely are able to cook a meal whilst the other entertains/ watches over. Lily would never think to get Grey involved in cooking. Instead she just films herself trying to cook whilst Grey shouts “mama” to get some attention

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.