Lily Pebbles #15 Beg for a walnut to fix your floor, shame it can't fix your jealous core.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was wondering if she meant her friends were second generation immigrants so they're more closely tied to their family's homeland, but yeah no it's probably Lily's way of being like 'I'm not racist, I have non-white friends!'

Reactions: 10
Ok so I used to have a tattle account but found it was taking over my life so I disabled it. But reading all of you comment about this “event” that happened near to her book launch meant I had to come back on because she actually told me what it was.
do you remember when she put that map online and said like can’t run left or can’t run right because of this or that reason? I can’t remember the exact details. Anyway I sent her a message then of how bad it came across with what she had written and she said that she didn’t mean it that way but she had been mugged in the time before. So I can only assume that this is the traumatic event that shook her up.
Had to just set up an account to put that out there as I kept seeing speculation and thinking oh but I know. I don’t follow her anymore but at the time I did.
This wasn’t around the time of the book launch though? The map thing wasn’t that long ago, was it? 🤔

Reactions: 8
This wasn’t around the time of the book launch though? The map thing wasn’t that long ago, was it? 🤔
No you’re right but she said it had happened in the past I don’t know year or whatnot. I’m not saying this is gospel but she said when I messaged her that that’s the reason she wrote what she did, because she felt unsafe because she has been mugged. I didn’t dig any deeper and I don’t know if it’s true or not. Just what I had been told. It may well be an excuse, I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
The mugging story may have happened, but it sounds like an excuse for her jogging post?

from what she’s said about cancelling the book stuff, I think it’s that she believed her book would do super well and be so so relevant to everyone and had a rude awakening when the reviews came in and slated her. She has to say it’s something else or the trolls will keep bringing the book up, which would hurt her because it’s pretty personal.

View attachment 345499
I think this reason sounds pretty plausible. The book was probably the hardest thing she’s ever done, and she made it even harder on herself by not working on it properly to meet deadlines, so much so that she has to lock herself away for a month and finish it.

I bet it was what you mention above, and / or her friends weren’t happy with their inclusion and there was nothing she could do about it. And yes, if her critics knew about that, they would mention it all the time. So she couldn’t stop the publication, but she could choose not to promote it.

Another theory I think is realistic is that a friend who wanted a book deal was pissed that her drivel got published so easily, while they had been working for years to get published. Someone on Tattle has mentioned this before and it sounds possible.

I wanted to know how much Gleam made from book sales bc it seems like a risk - they don’t do well. There’s no real publicly available info, but you can do some estimates based off the data from Amazon rankings. Lily’s data (ranking, price changes, time listed) is really bad!

Reactions: 12
I think Anna's has definitely done well. Anna's book was on the Amazon best seller list when it was first published and has been published in numerous languages and editions. Also she gets tagged of pics of her book on IG by people who recommend or are reading her book to this day. I do think it was Anna's book sales that was part of the reason her income increased (and she can afford that very price house). I just remember Lily showing her grandmother she dedicated her book to her which was sweet but aside from that crickets on her book so I was curious how it did sales wise.

Reactions: 13
Ok so I used to have a tattle account but found it was taking over my life so I disabled it. But reading all of you comment about this “event” that happened near to her book launch meant I had to come back on because she actually told me what it was.
do you remember when she put that map online and said like can’t run left or can’t run right because of this or that reason? I can’t remember the exact details. Anyway I sent her a message then of how bad it came across with what she had written and she said that she didn’t mean it that way but she had been mugged in the time before. So I can only assume that this is the traumatic event that shook her up.
Had to just set up an account to put that out there as I kept seeing speculation and thinking oh but I know. I don’t follow her anymore but at the time I did.
Sorry, I don’t really understand what that means, not running left or right? Does that have to do with Lily’s perception of the neighbourhoods or something? (I’m not from the UK).

Sorry, I don’t really understand what that means, not running left or right? Does that have to do with Lily’s perception of the neighbourhoods or something? (I’m not from the UK).
No no I mean literally directions, it was a map she had drawn (I think) and she couldn’t run left for one such reason or right for another reason. Sorry im not purposely being vague I can’t remember the exact details but hopefully someone can back me up with some more information.

I think Anna's has definitely done well. Anna's book was on the Amazon best seller list when it was first published and has been published in numerous languages and editions. Also she gets tagged of pics of her book on IG by people who recommend or are reading her book to this day. I do think it was Anna's book sales that was part of the reason her income increased (and she can afford that very price house). I just remember Lily showing her grandmother she dedicated her book to her which was sweet but aside from that crickets on her book so I was curious how it did sales wise.
Anna’s book is a permanent staple in my shop, and more of the same company. If we sell them, we get more sent in from the buying department. I haven’t seen Lily’s since it first got published, not even the paperback version of it.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
No no I mean literally directions, it was a map she had drawn (I think) and she couldn’t run left for one such reason or right for another reason. Sorry im not purposely being vague I can’t remember the exact details but hopefully someone can back me up with some more information.
Thanks! I’m not quite sure what that has to do with the book launch/PR, but I’m sure that’s all me. Never mind!

Reactions: 3
But the translation of Anna’s book is just a cash grab, I think. So it probably did well enough in the sales, but there’s not much to it. The German translation is incredibly bad. Then again the writing style is so horrible, the translator didn’t have a lot to work with in the first place, so I don’t want to put them down, but it’s so poor it’s almost unreadable really …

• Haha
Reactions: 13
No you’re right but she said it had happened in the past I don’t know year or whatnot. I’m not saying this is gospel but she said when I messaged her that that’s the reason she wrote what she did, because she felt unsafe because she has been mugged. I didn’t dig any deeper and I don’t know if it’s true or not. Just what I had been told. It may well be an excuse, I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️
Bit weird of her to suddenly be so open to one DM though and I think there was a big gap between the book coming out and her moving in but correct me if I’m wrong - tbh I can’t be bothered to go back and check through her videos!

Just seems a bit random.

Reactions: 8
Bit weird of her to suddenly be so open to one DM though and I think there was a big gap between the book coming out and her moving in but correct me if I’m wrong - tbh I can’t be bothered to go back and check through her videos!

Just seems a bit random.
the awful map she drew on her Instagram stories was during April time/the first lockdown in England. I’m sure she probably did reply to someone on DM saying she was previously mugged there and that’s why she made those comments, but I don’t think that’s what happened that was so awful during her book release (which was about 2.5 years ago) I think the two are completely separate.
Unless she said in the DM to the lady above “my book tour was cancelled due to me being mugged”, I think she was just making an excuse as to why she drew an awful Instagram story explaining why she can’t run in certain areas in her location.

Reactions: 23
I remember the map drawing IG story when she was ‘running’ in lockdown 1. I don’t see how this is linked to her cancelling her book tour though.

Reactions: 7
I remember the map drawing IG story when she was ‘running’ in lockdown 1. I don’t see how this is linked to her cancelling her book tour though.
Sorry it was me who linked it to her book tour, she said the mugging had happened some time before, insinuating that it was around her book launch time. I can’t remember the exact wording as this was months ago. But I saw the speculation on here and thought I would comment.

Reactions: 2
Sorry it was me who linked it to her book tour, she said the mugging had happened some time before, insinuating that it was around her book launch time. I can’t remember the exact wording as this was months ago. But I saw the speculation on here and thought I would comment.
I wasn’t being critical 🙂 It was more of a question for myself as I’ve only been on here a few months. Her book tour probably failed because her book wasn’t very good! X

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think the mugging story is an 'excuse', I don't believe it happens, maybe it did but I don't think that is the reason why she cancelled the tour

I mean, she tells us everything even her poo poo habit, if she was mugged, that is 100% story of the year. She will beg for a new Iphone or whatever

That is how much faith I have in her.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I don’t understand why anyone who’s been mugged before would even post a map with where you do run online. Surely, you’d want to keep your whereabouts a bit more vague.

But anyway, it could be that a similar experience held her back during her book launch. I do not think lighthearted about being mugged, that can be very traumatising. But to me, that doesn’t match her video talking about this book launch and why her PR was cut short, as it’s not really something anyone could hold against her. “If they know what that one thing is that can break me, they’re [people who hate me] just gonna keep doing it”. I don’t think Lily is worried her online critics are going to keep mugging her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I'm curious about this map now. What was Lily trying to say with it? That some neighborhoods are not safe for the to run in? Give us a date so we can look back at Tattle threads 🙌

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.