Lily Pebbles #15 Beg for a walnut to fix your floor, shame it can't fix your jealous core.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anna has questions up on instagram looking for feedback on her content - I replied telling her 'LESS LILY!!!!!!'

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Has Lily never looked at a dictionary to see that pronunciations are literally written out? She could caption those stories easily. She's just being lazy af

Reactions: 6
Well Lily herself is third generation immigrant, as far as I know both sides grandparents immigrated during or before WWII. This is typical Lily privileged logic: she is white, and living in England so she is English, remember not just British, but English. The other non-white friends could not possibly be even British in her mind, but Nigerian and Guyanese. However, don’t forget that since the publication of this book she has spent an entire day educating herself on race and even has a BLM highlight, so let’s all rest assured she would never make this mistake again, :rolleyes:.
I don't criticise her for being proud of the country she was and raised in, but when I read that paragraph I couldn't help but to think the same! Would Lily say her own mum/dad are not English because their parents were not? So why say her friends are Nigerian and Guyanese when they were also born and raised in England? It's not something only Lily does, but it's a good reflection of how immigration is perceived when the said immigrant is white vs non white.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Well Lily herself is third generation immigrant, as far as I know both sides grandparents immigrated during or before WWII. This is typical Lily privileged logic: she is white, and living in England so she is English, remember not just British, but English. The other non-white friends could not possibly be even British in her mind, but Nigerian and Guyanese. However, don’t forget that since the publication of this book she has spent an entire day educating herself on race and even has a BLM highlight, so let’s all rest assured she would never make this mistake again, :rolleyes:.
I am more so disappointed that the editor did not picked this up, it was written in 2018 FFS, not 1998.

Can I made a comment about her going out out to Duck& Rice and complaint that she has no clothes.

I think she should stop calling herself a Londoner, Duck& Rice is not that kind of place that you need to dress up. Her usual woman uniform will be sufficient. Rich didn't bring you to the Savoy

Begging for brow threading :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I’ve started listening to Anna and Lily’s podcast out of sheer intrigue. Lily needs to learn some volume control. The way she suddenly blurts things out and speaks in a hurried way is really difficult to listen to, and she needs to stop interrupting Anna!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
We are all improvising with working from home indefinitely at the moment, everybody has had to designate different areas in their home as an office, even though that used to be someone’s gaming, sewing or shoe storage room. I’m always on calls with colleagues and hearing their partners in the background on calls for their work. Nobody speaks of “my office” anymore if that’s the place where both are currently working.
She’s lucky she has an ‘office’. I’ve moved back home to my Mums this year due to a relationship breakdown. Thankfully I’ve always had a bedroom at home but I’ve had to make-do with working at the kitchen/dining table, sometimes sat on my bed replying to emails! She’s so entitled it’s untrue.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She’s lucky she has an ‘office’. I’ve moved back home to my Mums this year due to a relationship breakdown. Thankfully I’ve always had a bedroom at home but I’ve had to make-do with working at the kitchen/dining table, sometimes sat on my bed replying to emails! She’s so entitled it’s untrue.
It fascinates me that Lily and Anna are so privileged to have a whole room to make their office, but from what I can see, they both appear to work directly on their laptops, from fashionable but impractical furniture.

I get that external hard monitors aren't mid century modern and ugly ergonomic chairs aren't very Scandi, but why wouldn't you set up a comfortable work station if you have the space?!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
It fascinates me that Lily and Anna are so privileged to have a whole room to make their office, but from what I can see, they both appear to work directly on their laptops, from fashionable but impractical furniture.

I get that external hard monitors aren't mid century modern and ugly ergonomic chairs aren't very Scandi, but why wouldn't you set up a comfortable work station if you have the space?!
I would LOVE a study; I’m doing a PhD so you can imagine I have books/print offs all over including notebooks, sticky notes etc... it gets messy! I do have a desk at my university but I haven’t been there since March!

Every time I see Lily or Anna post about their ‘work days’ Lily seems to be on her laptop at her dining table and same with Anna!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

I think they've both got massive desktop Macs (Lily certainly does, she has to move it whenever Rich needs to use the desk), but they both still seem to prefer using their laptops. It's almost like they... don't spend much time working on the computer or something?

I am more so disappointed that the editor did not picked this up, it was written in 2018 FFS, not 1998.
Agreed, it's shoddy work. That said, the poor editor probably earns only a fraction of what Lily does, and will be juggling so much.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Exactly. Not only that but they barely create anything as well. Back in the day, when neither of them had a dedicated office room, they used to put out a lot more content. And before Lily goes all "But I only work 2 days a week now because I'm a mom!," just stfu already and stop making excuses for yourself. Lily could afford to hire someone to edit her videos if she wanted. Then she would be able to vlog both on "work days" and "Grey days," and all she'd have to do is just send the footage at the end of the day for someone else to edit. She can hire someone to create her thumbnails as well. It's really not that hard to figure out. Once upon a time she used to post two videos a week. Heck, she even did vlogmas for several years! Now she can barely manage one video a week and a glorified one-hour phone call with her friend (the podcast).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I would LOVE a study; I’m doing a PhD so you can imagine I have books/print offs all over including notebooks, sticky notes etc... it gets messy! I do have a desk at my university but I haven’t been there since March!
I hope your research is going well and you haven’t struggled too much with resources due to Library access restrictions this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I hope your research is going well and you haven’t struggled too much with resources due to Library access restrictions this year.
Aw thank you - I actually had my progression meeting today and I passed so I must be doing something right! Luckily most of the reading I need has been online, it is just the social aspect of things I’ve missed out on x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I also messaged her about the whole map thing saying it was tone deaf and offensive. Just looked back at her reply and she said it was more about women running alone in London and that she had been mugged on her road before, makes sense with her not wanting to leave the house but again not something people would use against her...

• Angry
Reactions: 1
I also messaged her about the whole map thing saying it was tone deaf and offensive. Just looked back at her reply and she said it was more about women running alone in London and that she had been mugged on her road before, makes sense with her not wanting to leave the house but again not something people would use against her...
But getting mugged is such a London thing, Lily. 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Is that why her eyebrows have gone haywire? Too scared to leave the house incase she gets mugged again?

Jokes aside, getting mugged must be horrific.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.