Lily Pebbles #13 Oh diarrhoea on the wall, who is the moaniest of them all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's also funny that she says she doesn't like the update when it very clearly was designed with businesses in mind rather than consumers (by businesses I mean generally, people who use instagram as a tool for their job, including Lily). The whole turning the notification page into a shopping page and stuff? Who does she think this helps other than herself and the brands she promotes??! With every update, Instagram is just becoming more of a business platform, where it used to be just a platform for people to share pics with their friends/family. This is only helping her and the brands she works with. It really doesn't add anything good for any of us, mere consumers. I liked it much better when instagram wasn't flooded with ads, brands, consumption, and influencers, but unfortunately that's the direction the App has taken over the years--all for Lily's benefit. She's a total dumbass if she can't see that.
I asume that with this new thing brands will have a better link with consumers and wont need to pay influencers any more to post on insta. It could affect her career in the long term (however I don't think she is that smart and busines savvy to think that way, so probably she it's just lazy and doesn't want to learn something new for her job)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I had a thought watching her IG stories the other day and wonder if y'all feel the same... when I watch her content I don't see an "OG" influencer who knows what they're doing and is polished and professional and believable, I see a newbie who is trying/attempting to be an influencer and is so hollow and false that is comes off as desperate and cringy. Like as if it was an average person I went to high school with attempting to be an influencer. I don't know why I felt that the other day but it rang so true for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I had a thought watching her IG stories the other day and wonder if y'all feel the same... when I watch her content I don't see an "OG" influencer who knows what they're doing and is polished and professional and believable, I see a newbie who is trying/attempting to be an influencer and is so hollow and false that is comes off as desperate and cringy. Like as if it was an average person I went to high school with attempting to be an influencer. I don't know why I felt that the other day but it rang so true for me!
Yep, totally agree. If didn't know any better I would think that she was a newbie trying to jump on the influencer bandwagon now.

Reactions: 7
Anybody know what the petition is for? I don’t trust any swipe-ups from Lily, even if it is potentially charitable.

Reactions: 3
all she can respond was NO WORDS
Because she isn’t intelligent enough to say anything else. Like 90% of the exchanges about anything remotely serious or important on the podcast (which as we know are rare and often fleeting) with Anna. Like Anna gushing about Kamala Harris and Lily swiftly moving on because she probably didn’t even know who she was or why it mattered. Moron.

Reactions: 28
A child lost her life after choking on a piece of sausage at nursery last week. The petition is to ban choke-able food such as sausages and grapes in nursery/childcare settings.
As sad as that is, surely it should be a petition about making sure that foods are prepared in a safe way and cut up into small enough pieces before being given to little ones? You can choke on anything really. If you ban grapes (I know they're specifically problematic), surely you need to ban things like cherry tomatoes etc. too? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 38
As sad as that is, surely it should be a petition about making sure that foods are prepared in a safe way and cut up into small enough pieces before being given to little ones? You can choke on anything really. If you ban grapes (I know they're specifically problematic), surely you need to ban things like cherry tomatoes etc. too? 🤷‍♀️
I would agree. I think it's more that the adults who supervise toddlers have to be trained how to aid these kind of situations and they also have to really keep everything under control. This is a very tragic situation. But when it comes to food, everything can and has to be broken down into smaller pieces before getting into the mouth, thus it's quite pointless to prohibit any specific kinds of food cause they will end up with prohibiting everything.

Reactions: 25
That petition is so sad, kind of wish I hadn't seen it, as now I'm going to be paranoid about my little boy at nursery! This has made me wonder if Lily will use it as leverage to say to Rich "Look, see, it's not safe to send Grey to nursery!" I agree though that food preparation is the important thing, as a child could potentially choke on almost anything.

Reactions: 20
Considering the newest strories in Lily's IG, it looks like she went away with Johnlewis. Perhaps that's what made her and Anna too busy and excited enough to skip a week of YT each in turns?

Reactions: 8
Not that raising awareness for choking hazards isn't important, but you can really easily tell that Lily is only willing to invest her time (and give exposure) to issues that directly relate to her. This is also why she couldn't be bothered to learn more about racism/white supremacy/BLM.

Choking hazards related to food, however? She's talked before how she used to freak out every time Grey had difficulty swallowing. It's the only reason she cares, because she can imagine it happening to her family.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I thought it was interesting that Lily didn’t mention Anna once in her ad with John Lewis, while Anna opened her ad with “lily and I are collaborating with John Lewis”..
It’s almost as if lily wants to convince people she was the only chosen one 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I would agree. I think it's more that the adults who supervise toddlers have to be trained how to aid these kind of situations and they also have to really keep everything under control. This is a very tragic situation. But when it comes to food, everything can and has to be broken down into smaller pieces before getting into the mouth, thus it's quite pointless to prohibit any specific kinds of food cause they will end up with prohibiting everything.
And also making sure that caretakers are properly trained with all certifications up to date. Encouraging kids to speak up if something doesn’t look right with the kid next to them. Teaching kids to not talk and chew at the same time. It’s one thing to ban foods for allergies, but because adults are reckless and overworked and didn’t cut them small enough? These kids will starve. Anything can be choked on!

Not that raising awareness for choking hazards isn't important, but you can really easily tell that Lily is only willing to invest her time (and give exposure) to issues that directly relate to her. This is also why she couldn't be bothered to learn more about racism/white supremacy/BLM.

Choking hazards related to food, however? She's talked before how she used to freak out every time Grey had difficulty swallowing. It's the only reason she cares, because she can imagine it happening to her family.
Grey herself had a choking incidence!

Reactions: 12
I thought it was interesting that Lily didn’t mention Anna once in her ad with John Lewis, while Anna opened her ad with “lily and I are collaborating with John Lewis”..
It’s almost as if lily wants to convince people she was the only chosen one 😂
She’s just selfish, never thinks of others. Not even her bestie. Perfect for this campaign:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Wait, Lily has friends? I’ve never seen her once mention any friends other than Anna and Mark?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Refinery29 is the leading global media company focused on young women. We inspire, entertain, and empower our audience through optimistic and diverse storytelling, experiences, and points of view.

LOL okay someone needs to do their Due D regarding Lily. There is nothing inspiring about Lily, she constantly tears someone down! She is pro-choice but don't understand why people choose to be child free.

I think they've deleted the negative comments on their podcast

Reactions: 11
Refinery29 is the leading global media company focused on young women. We inspire, entertain, and empower our audience through optimistic and diverse storytelling, experiences, and points of view.

LOL okay someone needs to do their Due D regarding Lily. There is nothing inspiring about Lily, she constantly tears someone down! She is pro-choice but don't understand why people choose to be child free.
Someone should contact refinery29 and let them know that. Lily is everything refinery29 tries not to be.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.