Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

xits_jjx

VIP Member
I don’t like gender reveals either and both times we’ve found out the gender of my babies we found out in the room on our own and texted our families, but I also don’t care if other people do them and wouldn’t be so rude as to call them tacky (esp when my friends and relatives have done them 😭).

She’s defo coming across as not like the other mums

Reactions: 9

OppositeFeature

Chatty Member
I think it lives with her mother, or another family member. At some point somebody asked if the cat had died, she misinterpreted the question somehow and kicked off. You can’t show a pet daily, then never mention it again, and be surprised when people ask after it.
God yeah, she was super aggressive about it and suggesting people were rude for asking??? But once again goes back to the fact that she feels entitled to 100% privacy at all times, even if her followers react/ask about things she’s previously shared. Doesn’t make any sense at allllllll.

I’m sure after the baby is born there’ll be an insta AMA and then she’ll rage at someone who’s asked how she’s finding motherhood or whatever because that’s private and personal to her…

sasbeep

VIP Member
I’ve always been a bit confused as to how she makes money as I think majority of her follows are nostalgia follows. However, I’ve just done a quick count of the 2023 ads on her grid and there’s 5 of them (that are obvious) so I suppose if she’s getting £10k per ad then that’s a decent salary? I only earn a bit more than that myself and I have to work everyday 😭

I do seem to remember that she would always talk about how good she is at saving and had been selling jewellery and stuff since back in the day. Maybe she is just content with what she gets even if it’s peanuts compared to other influencers. She’s never ‘levelled up’ in the way that other OG bloggers have. No designer stuff or posh holidays or anything. She’s probably the one influencer I can relate to income wise to be fair! But her style has gone off for me completely.
I don’t think she’s making anywhere near £10k for her ads with her following and engagement. I would say in the region of 3-5k.
Then suppose she has the aff links, some influencers claim to make a living only off that!
Plus a few years ago she mentioned doing side work, things like social media consulting for businesses as a contractor.
Ebonyday has a similar follower count and recently got a full time job after influencing for years.
I guess lily has house-shared for much of her 20s and early 30s so her expenses are probably low.

85duckpuddle

She’d never pay for one but I bet she’d love to be gifted one like all the other insta mums!

I can’t even see her baby wish list video on tiktok, did she delete it?
Yep must have done, it’s gone!

An earlier vid she also slammed gender reveals saying they’re “tacky” - to each his own but I’m guessing the only reason she doesn’t want one is because they’ve become popular and lord knows she doesn’t do popular things only the cool and alternative things in life that no one else even knows about yet

Last edited:

Heyholetsgo

VIP Member
Sounds like she's had a rough time of it 9 days is pretty long to be in! I was in for 3 and was going out of my mind 😂

Tmdso

I am truly baffled by her saying Lily was an unusual name, we are about the same age and I knew multiple Lilys and never thought anything of it! My name is considerably more old fashioned (Sally) and I never was self conscious of that!

graceanatomy

Chatty Member
Hope she comes to her senses real quick and learns about how bad shoes are for babies foot development. Bare feet is best 😜
They're toddler ones those so presumably only for when the kiddo is walking outside, when being barefoot wouldn't be very good for them either! :)
---
I think it’s incredibly bizarre that all we see of her life is her standing in a corner of her bedroom trying on clothes-and all of a sudden she’s pregnant? Did she order the sperm off Asos? Aff link ofc.
Haha it's super weird. We don't know her whatsoever anymore, she gives us nothing of her actual life so why would being pregnant be any different lol.

85duckpuddle

I think she doesn’t share much of her life anymore because of the boyfriend. From his Insta you can see he shares nothing of himself so probably wants her to keep his existence to the bare minimum too.

I would imagine he does have a (not literal) “chokehold” on her with how much she shares purely because of how much she’s tried to morph into a hot GOFF ever since she’s been with him… and from his Insta follows we can clearly see what his taste in women is. What he thinks is clearly very important

She has always said for years though she wants to be a mum so that is really cute and I am happy for her. You just KNOW the baby’s gonna have a super ALT name though 😆

Blueblue123

VIP Member
I’ve always been a bit confused as to how she makes money as I think majority of her follows are nostalgia follows. However, I’ve just done a quick count of the 2023 ads on her grid and there’s 5 of them (that are obvious) so I suppose if she’s getting £10k per ad then that’s a decent salary? I only earn a bit more than that myself and I have to work everyday 😭

I do seem to remember that she would always talk about how good she is at saving and had been selling jewellery and stuff since back in the day. Maybe she is just content with what she gets even if it’s peanuts compared to other influencers. She’s never ‘levelled up’ in the way that other OG bloggers have. No designer stuff or posh holidays or anything. She’s probably the one influencer I can relate to income wise to be fair! But her style has gone off for me completely.
I always wonder about barely active influencers but I suppose we underestimate how much money they need to.

I think most people can live quite nicely on £25k to £35k in the UK depending on where you live, your lifestyle and how savvy you are. So an influencer doing one day of work for a few thousand isn't too bad.

Then the rest of us have to use our own money for holidays, days out, clothes, cosmetics. Influencers can either be sent these for free or write it off their taxes. We've even seen them get big ticket items for free like Lily's Fiat500.

Although I think most influencers earn more than average, I'd bet they could get by on a relatively low income which could explain why someone like Lily is still managing.

I've obviously saying from the perspective of someone with a very average livelihood but Lily also seems to live quite simply. It was speculated that we only saw her room because she's in a flat share. At the minimum, I suspect she'll be living with her baby daddy soon if she's not already.

Reactions: 8

85duckpuddle

I think this is the trouble with people who made their success during the peak YouTube era, they never fully matured and realised that the average joe doesn’t think about nor care about these things
I cannot agree with this any more, spot on!!!

When the only job you’ve ever had is a few part time hours in new look or topshop in your teens then spent your adult life making money being admired online for simply existing… yeah you’re not going to be the most mature 30+ year old

I’ll admit I choose black, or plaid shirts, distressed jeans and baby Vans and converse for my boy as I love the way it looks on him… it’s super cute… but I never profess in any way to any that he’s “ALT” 😂 I just enjoy it now as I have an older child and know how you choosing and enjoying their clothes lasts about 5 minutes!

Lily is only ~ALT~ anyways since she’s been with this bloke, she was colourful, on trend and just like everyone else who “influences” before him and didn’t particularly stand out one bit… it’s actually comical

sillysally96

Every time this has come up, I go on my own partners IG follows to see if I’m being a judgmental prick and nope, still no sexy ladies on there (bar me obv).

It’s so weird but then for all we know about him/her their life, it could be his work?

OppositeFeature

Chatty Member
Surprised she even showed her partner with baby Dallas lol, she’s SOOOOOO private.

Happy that all is well for her though despite the hospital stay. I fully agree we will see aff links for her favourite newborn essentials and maybe eventually the black painted baby room with burnt orange details and lots of band art but yeaaah, I don’t know why she bothers posting as if she’s an influencer at all anymore.

Traazers

VIP Member
I’ve actually seen pregnancy announcements made online using mum and baby docs..feel like that would’ve been more “on brand” for her than the sign.
This would have been a much better way of doing the announcement. It was cringe af