Lily Melrose a.ka. llymlrs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe but she did share on IG when she saw her old friend/photographer a few times over summer. Does she still talk to Emma who used to her BFF when she lived in Brighton?

What will come first, Lily reading the room or ASOS banning her for excessive returns?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I hate to sound miss preachy pants but literally everything is an aff link and 90 coat in a whim. Yeah sure let me swipe up...

Reactions: 9
I’ve gone from a 16 to a 12 and my old stuff looks roomier but exactly as many of you have said, unless it’s jeans, you can usually just had a belt or embrace the baggier fit. I don’t have a lot of fast fashion as I don’t buy in that way anyway. Anyway, half the stuff she says is “hanging off her”, isn’t.

Reactions: 5
I really do like Lily, and I’m particularly liking her style at the moment, but honestly how many leopard print items does one person need?? As I said I do enjoy her style, but I really hate the consumerism of it all. I feel like her grungy style would lend itself to charity shopping and vintage items, yet she seems to be obsessed with buying new bits on ASOS everyday. How on Earth is she affording it while living in London?! How much can she really be earning? Honestly I have so many questions, but at the moment her job seems to just be posting ASOS affiliate links

Reactions: 11
I bumped into Lily in Brighton Primark a few years ago and I honestly didn’t recognise her at first. She has said that the illness/medication caused her weight fluctuation and I can believe that, and I feel sorry for her as that loss of control must have been awful.

She definitely comes across as a mean girl, I agree. That said, I wonder if that’s a prerequisite of being an influencer, manipulating your audience into thinking you are their pal. I’m not big into sharing my private life on SM, but no one expects me to because I’m not getting money from it unlike her.

Reactions: 7
I
I really do like Lily, and I’m particularly liking her style at the moment, but honestly how many leopard print items does one person need?? As I said I do enjoy her style, but I really hate the consumerism of it all. I feel like her grungy style would lend itself to charity shopping and vintage items, yet she seems to be obsessed with buying new bits on ASOS everyday. How on Earth is she affording it while living in London?! How much can she really be earning? Honestly I have so many questions, but at the moment her job seems to just be posting ASOS affiliate links
Yup, she was one of the ones I've followed since my early 20s along with Leanne Woodful, Zoe London, Helen Anderz and she does give off that 'sweet' vibe but there's it is just a aff link after aff link. It must work for her to keep doing it but you don't make much from them. Like 1-15 percent per sale depends on brands. I know my friend made £200 from one weight loss supplement in one month and she's around 5k following so Lily could be raking it in.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I wonder if Asos just give her a gift voucher and that's why she's just buying sproadically? I know some smaller influencers say they get clothes from Asos for free and that's how (at least they are honest lol).

I

Yup, she was one of the ones I've followed since my early 20s along with Leanne Woodful, Zoe London, Helen Anderz and she does give off that 'sweet' vibe but there's it is just a aff link after aff link. It must work for her to keep doing it but you don't make much from them. Like 1-15 percent per sale depends on brands. I know my friend made £200 from one weight loss supplement in one month and she's around 5k following so Lily could be raking it in.
Totally, fair play to her if it works. I just feel it’s at odds with people becoming more conscious of the negatives of fast fashion. Don’t get me wrong, I do buy fast fashion, due to many reasons, but she seems to buy a lot. Where is she storing it 😂 Does she wear any of it out of the house 😂

• Haha
Came here because I fairly recently came across Lily’s page and liked her style etc.

However, and I’m getting that others are commenting on this, everything in her stories is affiliate link affiliate link affiliate link. Does she actually like any of this stuff?

Like, really. People don’t need it rammed down their throats right now. Someone else said it - read the room. So many are out of work or struggling financially. Give people style ideas that are affordable and attainable.

And the Depop thing. ‘Oh hey guys, when you’re done with my affiliate links, buy all the stuff I was probably given for free’.

Sorry for the rant but it’s been really bugging me.

Reactions: 14
I'm just concious of all the returns because I know MOST retailers throw
Came here because I fairly recently came across Lily’s page and liked her style etc.

However, and I’m getting that others are commenting on this, everything in her stories is affiliate link affiliate link affiliate link. Does she actually like any of this stuff?

Like, really. People don’t need it rammed down their throats right now. Someone else said it - read the room. So many are out of work or struggling financially. Give people style ideas that are affordable and attainable.

And the Depop thing. ‘Oh hey guys, when you’re done with my affiliate links, buy all the stuff I was probably given for free’.

Sorry for the rant but it’s been really bugging me.
Yup I've noticed that anything that isn't current and won't make money from ISN'T linked. I don't know how old she is but I'm just 30, a single mum, OK my situation can't be helped and nobody's fault but I do not have the money to waste on fast fashion. Like every day. Some paydays are better than others but I love a second hand bargain. There are so many sustainable brands she could he working with. I won't pretend I don't order from Asos occasionally and won't pretend I'm Eco warrior princess and soz to sound super old but to order and spend so much during times like these it's irresponsible and potentially damaging to a younger audience who may feel included to use dangerous apps like Klarna.

Reactions: 13
I see what you’re saying and admittedly I haven’t looked at what Lily’s selling, but my impression of her style is that the vast majority of her clothes would still work if she’s a size smaller.

Band tees, mom jeans (with a belt), floaty dresses... that’s what I see when I scroll through her Instagram, and I really don’t see why those wouldn’t still work. She could also easily get some stuff altered.

I’ll be honest, she doesn’t even look like she’s lost that much weight to me.
She really has dropped stones. She was obese a couple of years ago, there are some pics of her at her heaviest on the GG page.

Totally, fair play to her if it works. I just feel it’s at odds with people becoming more conscious of the negatives of fast fashion. Don’t get me wrong, I do buy fast fashion, due to many reasons, but she seems to buy a lot. Where is she storing it 😂 Does she wear any of it out of the house 😂
I think she only wears the clothes for content, and aff links then depops it. She needs a constant stream of new links. It's not really her personal wardrobe it is a work wardrobe. It would have been nice if she jad offered viewers to get one of those boohoo green dressed she had around 8 of. 8 happy viewers!

Anyone worked out how much she has made off depop??

I'm just concious of all the returns because I know MOST retailers throw

Yup I've noticed that anything that isn't current and won't make money from ISN'T linked. I don't know how old she is but I'm just 30, a single mum, OK my situation can't be helped and nobody's fault but I do not have the money to waste on fast fashion. Like every day. Some paydays are better than others but I love a second hand bargain. There are so many sustainable brands she could he working with. I won't pretend I don't order from Asos occasionally and won't pretend I'm Eco warrior princess and soz to sound super old but to order and spend so much during times like these it's irresponsible and potentially damaging to a younger audience who may feel included to use dangerous apps like Klarna.
She's 30 too. This year. She looks young as she has a nice, easy life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Sorry but what on earth is this pink makeup ‘look’ and is she actually proud of it

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It is so bad. I can't envision the look she is going for. But hey at least she is blessed with good eyebrows (as advised in earlier stories) 😂🙄

Reactions: 6
That eye make up is tragic 😬 I maybe a little bit get what she was going for. But it’s not good.

I also think she makes her cat eye liner WAY too long on the daily.

Reactions: 6
All her skin care stories today, yes it’s an ad but I feel like she’s trying to reinvent herself because skincare videos are popular right now. Why use a stupid filter when showing skincare?? I don’t get it

Reactions: 4
All her skin care stories today, yes it’s an ad but I feel like she’s trying to reinvent herself because skincare videos are popular right now. Why use a stupid filter when showing skincare?? I don’t get it
I mean, she’s far too late to reinvent herself as a skin care influencer, let’s be honest.

She’s using and recommending the Oskia Renaissance cleanser and the Caudalie Elixir? Even the products she’s using are outdated - these were popular five years ago! Obviously if products work then they continue to sell, but I feel like there are a billion cheaper versions of both of these with more modern active ingredients. Obviously she’s just touting anything she’s been gifted or has an affiliate for. Extremely lazy and transparent.

It’s like she refuses to move with the times and evolve her content. She seems really stubborn. It cannot be working that well for her?

Reactions: 12
I'm sick of her using those filters on her stories that change her face. Like those supermodel ones that change your jaw, cheekbone and eye shape. If you've paid to have work done anyway then just show you normal face?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.