Lily Melrose a.ka. llymlrs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is exactly the problem - “haul culture”.

It’s so utterly tone deaf in this day and age, on several levels. The consumerism, the ignorance of the modern-day slavery to make some of these clothes, the lack of thought for the world going through a pandemic that has heavy financial impact, the complete disregard for sustainability... it’s gross.

If Lily (and others) cannot modify their content to work within the parameters of how we should all be shopping now, then in my opinion, they don’t really deserve their platform.

I’d like to see her shopping her own wardrobe, re-styling old items, maybe exploring second hand clothing options and other more environmentally friendly routes. Basically taking that high street mentality and applying it to more sustainable and financially-friendly options.

Of course she won’t, because then she can’t rinse the aff links :sneaky:

Reactions: 13
That is exactly the problem - “haul culture”.

It’s so utterly tone deaf in this day and age, on several levels. The consumerism, the ignorance of the modern-day slavery to make some of these clothes, the lack of thought for the world going through a pandemic that has heavy financial impact, the complete disregard for sustainability... it’s gross.

If Lily (and others) cannot modify their content to work within the parameters of how we should all be shopping now, then in my opinion, they don’t really deserve their platform.

I’d like to see her shopping her own wardrobe, re-styling old items, maybe exploring second hand clothing options and other more environmentally friendly routes. Basically taking that high street mentality and applying it to more sustainable and financially-friendly options.

Of course she won’t, because then she can’t rinse the aff links :sneaky:
Yes yes yes! It’s so tone deaf. And they can’t claim to not know about the modern slavery/environmental impacts as there are so many resources easily available on both topics!
I love your idea of shopping her own wardrobe. I’d love to see more content like that. I’d like to see her style one dress multiple ways and that kind of thing. Or her old season clothes styled in a new way.
She really needs to update her content as this kind of affiliate link thing probably did work when she started blogging, but there’s been a whole shift in people views since then and she needs to get up to date with that in my opinion. I mean, how many leopard print dresses does one person need.

Reactions: 10
People wondering how she affords London rent, I remember a few months ago she put on her stories about having a room going in their house which included all bills and it was v cheap something like £800pm. I can’t quite remember the cost but I know I was surprised how little it seemed. Maybe they live in a big house with 4/5 other people as rent and bills in London for that amount is v affordable.

Reactions: 9
It's just pathetic how she takes pictures of random things in her room to add in affiliate links or then 'STILL MY FAVOURITE OVERSIZE TEE' with an aff link, followed by swipe ups for all this other random tit she likes/would wear with it.

It's not content, it's just cashing out with zero effort.

She doesn't share any other content besides maybe going to Ikea - how long can this last for her??

Reactions: 15
People wondering how she affords London rent, I remember a few months ago she put on her stories about having a room going in their house which included all bills and it was v cheap something like £800pm. I can’t quite remember the cost but I know I was surprised how little it seemed. Maybe they live in a big house with 4/5 other people as rent and bills in London for that amount is v affordable.
She also lives in South London, which, when I lived there at least (it's been about a year since I left) was generally cheaper for rent than North, especially if you moved away from the tube lines and nearer bus routes etc.

Reactions: 4
It's just pathetic how she takes pictures of random things in her room to add in affiliate links or then 'STILL MY FAVOURITE OVERSIZE TEE' with an aff link, followed by swipe ups for all this other random tit she likes/would wear with it.

It's not content, it's just cashing out with zero effort.

She doesn't share any other content besides maybe going to Ikea - how long can this last for her??
Yeah I don’t get that. Like she’s randomly posting old photos just as an excuse to get an affiliate link up. It comes across as so insincere.

Reactions: 5
I also can't believe she's pretending as if she never had her cat. Jeez. I don't think it would be that hard to find a house to rent in London as a share where you are allowed pets. Unless she couldn't be bothered to care for her anymore...

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I also can't believe she's pretending as if she never had her cat. Jeez. I don't think it would be that hard to find a house to rent in London as a share where you are allowed pets. Unless she couldn't be bothered to care for her anymore...
To be honest I’d forgotten about her cat! Has she addressed it at all? I assume she’s at her parents, but still seems strange that she hasn’t addressed it

Reactions: 6
To be honest I’d forgotten about her cat! Has she addressed it at all? I assume she’s at her parents, but still seems strange that she hasn’t addressed it
Oh god its gonna be another Tanya Burr/Martha scenario. Or Sammi Maria and her dog that she gave away (dogs?) Or Velvetgh0st and her kitten she gave to her mum.
Wait why do so many people seem to give away pets in influencer land?

Reactions: 15
The irony is Lily bought her cat when she was living in a house share in London.

When Lily had her hiatus she would still intermittently spam IG with affiliate links, she was living at home so must have saved up the money. It’s so risky depending on affiliate links as her main income (she hardly does any actual ads?) they can get pulled, or the commission drastically reduced at any time.

Reactions: 7
Also can someone enlighten me as to who this ‘we’ is ‘we bought a bar cart’ ‘we did this’ I’m sure she mentioned a John

Reactions: 5
I really can't believe she's just left Aerys at her parents. She's had that cat for like, 6 years? And she's just left her so she can move back to London?

I remember when I started a new job in 2018, and I had to go from an office where I could take my dog in every day to a job where I couldn't. And I had a 2 week gap until I could get her into doggy daycare. I had to leave my dog with my Mum for 12 days. I was absolutely distraught without her. I couldn't image just entirely giving her up?!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
How much money is this girl making with her aff links because £80 vans plus how ever much everything cost. We jusy know this next what's your favourite is a ploy for more swipe ups and aff links.

Reactions: 9
How much money is this girl making with her aff links because £80 vans plus how ever much everything cost. We jusy know this next what's your favourite is a ploy for more swipe ups and aff links.
I don’t understand it. Can anyone with good maths work it out ? 😂 like surely people aren’t even that stupid to swipe up on aff link these days ? If I like something they recommend I just search for it myself rather than giving these influencers my £££

Reactions: 8
I don’t understand it. Can anyone with good maths work it out ? 😂 like surely people aren’t even that stupid to swipe up on aff link these days ? If I like something they recommend I just search for it myself rather than giving these influencers my £££
When I was a doing it last year, not a big bloggee at all, but I know most the aff programmes were between 5 - 15%. Some friends made few hundred over a few months.

Reactions: 1
Well I guess then with her 141k followers she could be raking it in. But yeah seems very insincere, especially as her feed is literally her in her bedroom.

Well I guess then with her 141k followers she could be raking it in. But yeah seems very insincere, especially as her feed is literally her in her bedroom.
It’s not even like she’s posting new stuff everyday. How many times can she rehash the same affiliate links.

Reactions: 4
I used to have a blog years ago and still have access to my affiliate ad account. The rates vary depending on whether the buyer is an existing or new customer, but Office shoes is 3-8% commission following a click through, Dorothy Perkins 1-5%, Schuh 2-10%, lookfantastic 2-10%.
don’t forget most clicks result in a cookie that lasts 30 days, so any purchases made in that time result in a commission for the blogger.

• Wow
I used to have a blog years ago and still have access to my affiliate ad account. The rates vary depending on whether the buyer is an existing or new customer, but Office shoes is 3-8% commission following a click through, Dorothy Perkins 1-5%, Schuh 2-10%, lookfantastic 2-10%.
don’t forget most clicks result in a cookie that lasts 30 days, so any purchases made in that time result in a commission for the blogger.
Do you get any money if someone clicked through but never purchased anything?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.