Lily Melrose a.ka. llymlrs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Out of her 16 current stories in the past 24 hours, 11 of them are affiliate links or gifted products.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
I know Lily has lost a lot of weight and she looks fab, but is she really a size 12?

I bought a dress she was wearing and downsized in it because she said she was wearing a 12....

Reactions: 3
When Lily was whining about her engagement and doing a subtle beg for beauty advent calendars on Twitter I looked up her stats on Social Blade and her engagement rate is 1.21%.

I guess she doesn’t have that many people clicking on her affiliate links.🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I ordered that star dress, it’s a see-through shapeless sack 😫

I know Lily has lost a lot of weight and she looks fab, but is she really a size 12?

I bought a dress she was wearing and downsized in it because she said she was wearing a 12....
That ASOS star dress she’s been peddling is massively oversized. I’m a 14 and could probably wear an 8 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I bought that leopard print ASOS dress she was going on about a while ago, it did look fab on her to be fair, but it was very oversized and didn’t really have any shape to it. I wish I’d sent it back!

I bought the shirred leopard print dress too and it was such a weird fit that I did end up sending it back. Looked like a sack but squashed the hell out of my boobs. There are several comments on her posts about it saying the same thing. My conclusion is that she has no boobs, they always look saggy whenever she shows off any cleavage. No wonder she hasn't affiliate posted any lingerie other than that plain ASOS thong.

Reactions: 6
I bought the shirred leopard print dress too and it was such a weird fit that I did end up sending it back. Looked like a sack but squashed the hell out of my boobs. There are several comments on her posts about it saying the same thing. My conclusion is that she has no boobs, they always look saggy whenever she shows off any cleavage. No wonder she hasn't affiliate posted any lingerie other than that plain ASOS thong.
I’m a very small person, 5ft, but even the smallest size kind of swamped me. The sleeves look really odd too. I feel like you have to be a very specific body shape to be able to wear it, and I feel like it would have helped if I was taller 😂 Gonna Depop it!

Lily needs to go on naked attration and end the speculation. Perhaps she'll find the love of her life and not get ghosted?

• Haha
I'm so close to unfollowing after all these years due to the constant fast fashion buying during a tough time for a majority of the world. Everyone has already made great points so no need to rehash. The mass consumption of these low-quality looking clothes just isn't sitting right with me anymore. Still following maybe for nostalgic reasons? LOL.

I really wish she'd go back to YouTube! I loved her vlogs and many others are making vlogs working in the pandemic. Also, maybe I'm in the minority here but not that into Reels. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 19
I'm so close to unfollowing after all these years due to the constant fast fashion buying during a tough time for a majority of the world. Everyone has already made great points so no need to rehash. The mass consumption of these low-quality looking clothes just isn't sitting right with me anymore. Still following maybe for nostalgic reasons? LOL.

I really wish she'd go back to YouTube! I loved her vlogs and many others are making vlogs working in the pandemic. Also, maybe I'm in the minority here but not that into Reels. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I feel the same, but I do like Lily and have followed her for a while and I really like her style. But I totally agree with the over consumption of fast fashion. It’s CONSTANT. Not a day goes by without an affiliate link. I know it’s up to the customer if they buy or not, but she’s never showing us anything from sustainable brands.

Reactions: 9
Yep I’ve felt uncomfortable with this - not to mention the fact it doesn’t even look good. I’m in two minds about lily; in a way I like that she doesn’t care and despite being thirty or close she still seems very young and it’s nice to know that youth doesn’t die and that it doesn’t matter if you’re not a home owner or loved up etc

but on the other hand I find it sort of pathetic that her livelihood is filming hauls that she probably just returns anyway? I find it unrelatable that she’s is always posting outfit pics in outfits that would give you pneumonia in winter. She spends so much time and probably money on her hair and it looks constantly greasy and awful because she can’t let go of the ombré because she thinks it’s her brand, when she looked a lot better with her warm brown natural hair. She always mumbles and doesn’t speak properly; and she has never replied to my responses or recommendations.

I’ve no idea where she gets money for London rent, countless hauls, expensive beauty products? I know much will be gifted and she will have affiliate links, but truly I find her life seems vapid and it’s quite sad to watch. Does she even have her cat anymore?

Reactions: 21
^^^^

exactly. Am I’m not acting holier than thou, I do still buy from ASOS, cos it suits my budget, but not to the extent that she seems to? I buy when I need to now, rather than cos I want to. She doesn’t seem to have any regard for sustainability or having a limited budget at all

Reactions: 6
^^^^

exactly. Am I’m not acting holier than thou, I do still buy from ASOS, cos it suits my budget, but not to the extent that she seems to? I buy when I need to now, rather than cos I want to. She doesn’t seem to have any regard for sustainability or having a limited budget at all

I think as well, there's a difference between buying from ASOS because it fits your budget and then wearing that piece of clothing often and getting use out of it, than just buying for the sake of buying, which Lily clearly does. A lot of discussion around buying sustainable clothing and fast fashion veers quite classist and it annoys me that there are people like Lily are encouraging buying for the sake of buying, while people who occasionally shop at Zara or ASOS to buy something they will use often feel the need to justify that. There's a definite difference IMO

Reactions: 9
I think as well, there's a difference between buying from ASOS because it fits your budget and then wearing that piece of clothing often and getting use out of it, than just buying for the sake of buying, which Lily clearly does. A lot of discussion around buying sustainable clothing and fast fashion veers quite classist and it annoys me that there are people like Lily are encouraging buying for the sake of buying, while people who occasionally shop at Zara or ASOS to buy something they will use often feel the need to justify that. There's a definite difference IMO
Totally agree. You’ve put that really well. I think a lot of being ‘sustainable’ is just about buying less overall. Even if something is made sustainably, it doesn’t mean you should go out and buy if you don’t need it.

Totally agree. You’ve put that really well. I think a lot of being ‘sustainable’ is just about buying less overall. Even if something is made sustainably, it doesn’t mean you should go out and buy if you don’t need it.
Exactly! Just because it's more environmentally friendly, doesn't mean its a necessary purchase. Similarly, buying tit loads of stuff in the PLT black Friday sale just because it's all 5p isn't decent behaviour, but getting a winter jacket from ASOS and a dress from Zara isn't going to offset the emissions and plastic pollution made by corporations. Influencer culture is tit though and Lily's constant cycle of buy-photo-return, as I'd imagine it is, is pretty damaging to young viewers I'd say (but then how young are her viewers really? She's not that relevant anymore is she?)

Reactions: 5
Exactly! Just because it's more environmentally friendly, doesn't mean its a necessary purchase. Similarly, buying tit loads of stuff in the PLT black Friday sale just because it's all 5p isn't decent behaviour, but getting a winter jacket from ASOS and a dress from Zara isn't going to offset the emissions and plastic pollution made by corporations. Influencer culture is tit though and Lily's constant cycle of buy-photo-return, as I'd imagine it is, is pretty damaging to young viewers I'd say (but then how young are her viewers really? She's not that relevant anymore is she?)
I’m really not sure with her viewers. I’m still here from when she used to post on YouTube, so I’d be tempted to say a lot are maybe her own age? But yes, back to the sustainability, I totally agree with all you’ve said. I myself have just bought a coat from Boohoo, but it’s a timeless piece, it’s well made, and will hopefully last me years to come. It’s the ‘haul’ culture that a lot of influencers still fuel that needs to change in my opinion.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.