Lily Melrose a.ka. llymlrs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think she’s back to her old Lookbook Nu size. She has definitely lost weight but she looks like she lacks tone and still has some weight to lose, well, only if she wants to get back to her original of course.
Oh I agree, she’s definitely not that size again, I was just using those pictures to show how she’d actually never been big naturally, which is why I think she was so uncomfortable.

Reactions: 1
Idk she always had greasy hair during this time and honestly, it always made her look dirty lol.
I think Lily’s always looked a bit grubby, she always looks like she’s woken up with yesterdays makeup still on and hasn’t washed her hair for at least a week.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I do get annoyed with people talking about severe illnesses and demanding the sympathy / privilege of it when they're not really that ill. There is the case of an Australian wellness blogger who lied about having terminal brain cancer and profited off that sympathy FOR YEARS. If they are going ro talk about it, there needs to be accountability if they are exaggerating or lying (NOT talking about lily here). It seems to be used as a get if jail free card for any criticism. Hey I'm feeling ill don't hold me to account on anything.

Reactions: 3
I completely forgot about the lookbook.nu days! I just went and scrolled through her page and there were so many things I bought because she posted them.

I literally bought this entire outfit - 7 years ago. Oh my gosh, how times have changed.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I can't believe she's doing an aff swipe up link for something she doesn't even own. I understand when influencers try to find alternatives/budget versions of something they wore but just to aff link EVERYTHING on your feed, good lord. She's just a shopping Insta at this point. In the meantime, don't you dare ask her anything about her life, any illnesses (unless she had a bacterial lung infection and as a result didn't post any affiliate links for a few days, oh no) her suddenly missing cat that was the love of her life, etc etc.

At this point I'm tempted to unfollow because I liked her content, style and make up when there was a person and life behind it but now I might as well just browse the Asos app on my own.

Reactions: 11
I do get annoyed with people talking about severe illnesses and demanding the sympathy / privilege of it when they're not really that ill. There is the case of an Australian wellness blogger who lied about having terminal brain cancer and profited off that sympathy FOR YEARS. If they are going ro talk about it, there needs to be accountability if they are exaggerating or lying (NOT talking about lily here). It seems to be used as a get if jail free card for any criticism. Hey I'm feeling ill don't hold me to account on anything.
I don’t think any of them consider the negative impact claiming to have these health conditions has on the mental health of people actually suffering from them. There must have been at least one person with scoliosis who watched Lily blame it for not being able to do mundane tasks or leave the house, then the next week goto Vegas, Turkey or a blogger trip have a ‘normal’ time and forgo all mention of it, then come back home and go back to being woe is me and wonder why they didn’t get a break from their illness to enjoy a holiday on Lily.

I can't believe she's doing an aff swipe up link for something she doesn't even own. I understand when influencers try to find alternatives/budget versions of something they wore but just to aff link EVERYTHING on your feed, good lord. She's just a shopping Insta at this point. In the meantime, don't you dare ask her anything about her life, any illnesses (unless she had a bacterial lung infection and as a result didn't post any affiliate links for a few days, oh no) her suddenly missing cat that was the love of her life, etc etc.

At this point I'm tempted to unfollow because I liked her content, style and make up when there was a person and life behind it but now I might as well just browse the Asos app on my own.
I truly believe affiliate links are the worst thing that happened to influencers/blogging. They don’t need to exist, anyone following an influencer is computer literate enough to go on a clothing website/Amazon and find an item. I really hope Covid kills them off.

Reactions: 6
I completely forgot about the lookbook.nu days! I just went and scrolled through her page and there were so many things I bought because she posted them.

I literally bought this entire outfit - 7 years ago. Oh my gosh, how times have changed.
Omg I bought that shirt and bag because of her too!

Reactions: 2
You have to understand guys... lily doesn’t want to interact with us plebs, she just wants to use us to make money.
Back in the OG blogger days she was one of the first people I followed and got influenced by. I liked her YouTube but think in the last year her attitude is utterly disgraceful.
She basically saying she won’t do YouTube etc cos she doesn’t like it, she shows nothing but herself in her room, trying clothes on again and again and again. Add in the odd ‘oh look what I got for free’... haul, haul, haul. Her content is tit.

Reactions: 21
You have to understand guys... lily doesn’t want to interact with us plebs, she just wants to use us to make money.
Back in the OG blogger days she was one of the first people I followed and got influenced by. I liked her YouTube but think in the last year her attitude is utterly disgraceful.
She basically saying she won’t do YouTube etc cos she doesn’t like it, she shows nothing but herself in her room, trying clothes on again and again and again. Add in the odd ‘oh look what I got for free’... haul, haul, haul. Her content is tit.
totally agree with all of this I quite frankly find it an insult. Linking clothes and expecting money to pay your rent?? Absolutely zero effort whatsoever. I don’t interact with her content anymore I find it incredibly insincere.

note how she said she always gets questions about people wanting her to do YouTube again! That’s because lily we like to know the person not just be bombarded with affiliate links or wish list items without any substance or purpose behind it other than to pay your rent.

Reactions: 14
Agree completely.

Honestly, she only ever got lucky in the first place - she had the right style at the right time, just as blogs were taking off.

She’s nothing special in terms of style or presence, and the limited effort she puts into anything is a huge “duck you” to her audience who have followed her 10 years.

It’s actually really entitled. Take a year off for your health, totally - but don’t come back and act like people who want to know things about you are out of order, and most importantly, don’t take that audience for granted. Either put some effort in and treat it like a real job, or give up.

I cannot stand these half-arsed efforts of girls pushing 30, trying on crappy cheap mass-produced high street bits and taking a few snaps, and then believing that entitles them to a significant salary, or even just loyalty and likes from followers. NO.

Reactions: 22
I wonder if she’s ever thought about getting a job in graphic design? I’m sure she has a degree in it. Then again, why work if you can pay your rent via shopping on affiliated links FFS

I wonder if she’s ever thought about getting a job in graphic design? I’m sure she has a degree in it. Then again, why work if you can pay your rent via shopping on affiliated links FFS
Didn’t she drop out of uni? Can’t imagine many bloggers being able to handle a normal job.

Lily dropped out of Sheffield university in her first term, she moved back home to Ludlow and transferred her course to Hereford.

Lily is always going to choose the path of least resistance. Even her Youtube videos turned into affiliate link spam towards to end, anyone remember the ASOS wish-list/favourite videos where she never actually bought any of the clothes?
I think Lily should move away from influencing/social media for her own mental health if anything but she'll hang on until the money dries up.

Reactions: 8
Lily dropped out of Sheffield university in her first term, she moved back home to Ludlow and transferred her course to Hereford.

Lily is always going to choose the path of least resistance. Even her Youtube videos turned into affiliate link spam towards to end, anyone remember the ASOS wish-list/favourite videos where she never actually bought any of the clothes?
I think Lily should move away from influencing/social media for her own mental health if anything but she'll hang on until the money dries up.
I agree. It’s not fun to watch. It was a nice change to see her sorting her crusty old makeup out the other day... even though most of it was gifted.

I want a return to the vlogs and her wieiad. .

Never clicked on a link or anything of hers, but i remember buying a lemon squeezer that she had, not via a link but still.

Would also like to hear more avout her dieting and love life.

Unlikely to happen though, she just wants our clicks. Hopefully heiress (not idea how she spells it) is having fun without her in ludlow.

Reactions: 5
Someone said on here Lily never had a manager. That is shocking to me considering how big she was. Did she have one and get dropped/parted ways or just never have one? People with much smaller followings than her even had managers!

Another Topshop haul today. I used to love Lily's content but this is just boring now.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Don't think she could grip the pen due to her RA. Plus she has a pencils phobia...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Don't think she could grip the pen due to her RA. Plus she has a pencils phobia...
And she can miraculously hold makeup brushes, eyeliners and spend all day on her phone without any problems…

Someone said on here Lily never had a manager. That is shocking to me considering how big she was. Did she have one and get dropped/parted ways or just never have one? People with much smaller followings than her even had managers!
Lily does have management, M&C Saatchi Social and she was originally managed by the company that M&C Saatchi Social taken over but I can’t remember the name of it. Lily’s problem is that she signed to management too late. She was already living in Brighton by then, she was past her peak and I suppose she is unlucky in the sense that during the blogging days there wasn’t much money to be made.

Lily’s always said she wants to work in wrestling but I think she’s expecting if she casually mentions it every so often someone will notice her and everything to fall into her lap. I still believe her hiatus was for her mental health and whatever triggered it still exists in the influencer world for her own sake I wish she would actually make the effort to get a more fulfilling career. Influencing won’t last forever and people like Lily who are surviving off affiliate links will be the first to go.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.