Lily Melrose a.ka. llymlrs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just wondering what the duck she's going to do with all these dressy 'going out' clothes in our current pandemic climate? Sure you can dress up to feel good but not like you need 20 new dresses. And whenever in the distant future you can go 'out out' again, she'll be buying another 100 things.

She's just desperate for the money off of the swipe up links. She doesn't engage with her audience at all, other than to say 'yes more hauls!' in one of those polls.

Reactions: 12
I tried to keep count if how many dresses she ended up with. Tbh i didn't think it was cute, i liked the green check one she wore the day before from H&M though, everything else not so much.

How did she drop that weight i wonder, she looked like a size 18 (or more?) Before, and now down to a 10/12. Impressive! I hope she's still vegan, i saw she had the hello fresh spicy cauliflower wings on her stories.
I might be wrong but I don’t think she was ever ‘naturally big’ - her dramatic weight gain came out of nowhere, in her heyday on the blog she was actually tiny.

Reactions: 5
Lily gained all the weight before her supposed RA diagnosis. Her diet in Brighton was atrocious eating a whole box of Linda McCartney sausage rolls, a full bag of cashew nuts and god knows what else in a day it’s easy to see how she gained the weight.

I’m also not buying the fact she apparently has a bacterial lung infection. Covid is a respiratory disease and if she was hospitalised for a lung infection there is no way she wouldn’t have been told to shield/self isolate longterm, especially as she’s still claiming to have breathing difficulties. Her life was back to normal a week after discharge.

I’m presuming Lily must have a dead following on IG, or a lot of people like me who only still follow her to see if/when she would make a comeback. I can’t imagine a lot of people actually being influenced by Lily, even if they have a similar style, there’s just something so insincere about only spamming people with affiliate links then whining about your engagement.

Reactions: 6
I’m also not buying the fact she apparently has a bacterial lung infection. Covid is a respiratory disease and if she was hospitalised for a lung infection there is no way she wouldn’t have been told to shield/self isolate longterm, especially as she’s still claiming to have breathing difficulties. Her life was back to normal a week after discharge.

I’m presuming Lily must have a dead following on IG, or a lot of people like me who only still follow her to see if/when she would make a comeback. I can’t imagine a lot of people actually being influenced by Lily, even if they have a similar style, there’s just something so insincere about only spamming people with affiliate links then whining about your engagement.
I reckon she had a standard chest infection, which is pretty normal for this year, and made it sound more dramatic by claiming “bacterial lung infection” for the attention 😂

Reactions: 9
I know she’s a FaShIoN BlOgGeR but the amount of clothes she’s buying (affiliated of course) is ridiculous. She could surely engage with her following more by showing how to re-style the clothes she has? Every time I open her IG story it’s yet more clothing hauls. It’s not sitting comfortably with me personally as I’m not buying clothes for the foreseeable - no point, I don’t go out anymore 😂

I don’t think she looks any different to how she used to ? 😂
Oh no, she has lost a lot of weight - she was in the last jbl speaker ad on their ig and she was noticeably a lot larger. I wish i could attach photos but i can't so check out their ig if you're interested.

I know she’s a FaShIoN BlOgGeR but the amount of clothes she’s buying (affiliated of course) is ridiculous. She could surely engage with her following more by showing how to re-style the clothes she has? Every time I open her IG story it’s yet more clothing hauls. It’s not sitting comfortably with me personally as I’m not buying clothes for the foreseeable - no point, I don’t go out anymore 😂
I second this! Woulf love to see reels etc of reworked clothes she already has. Or as a fashion blogger should say, pieces already in her collection.

Reactions: 3
I just remembered that you can see her really old fashion pics on look book . Nu, I used to love her style, and got balayage back in 2014 because of her 😂

I don’t think she looks any different to how she used to ? 😂
She’s lost a load of weight, she looked to be a size 16-18 at her biggest and is now back to a 10/12. She came off YouTube around the time of her weight gain and would only post close-ups on Instagram rather than her usual outfit pics. I think she was super conscious of the weight gain because she had been tiny before, and as I said before I don’t think she’s ever been naturally big.

Attachments

Jesus Christ, I honestly thought she’d stop for a few weeks but nope literally days later another haul 😂😂😂 she needs to stooooopppppp

This vlog of Helen Anderson’s shows Lily when she was probably at her highest weight.

Also as a side note when Lily claims she was too ill to walk or dress herself when living at home this vlog was filmed during that time.

There is no way Lily is keeping all these clothes. She must be wearing them for the IG affiliate links and returning them, or keeping the free ones to sell on Depop, as she’s literally had a whole new wardrobe within a month.

• Angry
This vlog of Helen Anderson’s shows Lily when she was probably at her highest weight.

Also as a side note when Lily claims she was too ill to walk or dress herself when living at home this vlog was filmed during that time.

There is no way Lily is keeping all these clothes. She must be wearing them for the IG affiliate links and returning them, or keeping the free ones to sell on Depop, as she’s literally had a whole new wardrobe within a month.

Her hauls right now are tone deaf and the constant chat of being a size 12 is boring and off-putting, but can we stop speculating on her health (using words like "claim") and whether she is or was chronically ill or not? She was ill, she took a chance to rest, that's what she's done, she's back to posting unnecessary and out of touch affiliate links, so let's talk about that and not something that Lily literally can't help happened.

Her hauls right now are tone deaf and the constant chat of being a size 12 is boring and off-putting, but can we stop speculating on her health (using words like "claim") and whether she is or was chronically ill or not? She was ill, she took a chance to rest, that's what she's done, she's back to posting unnecessary and out of touch affiliate links, so let's talk about that and not something that Lily literally can't help happened.
Lily lies about being ill, or the severity of her illness and she’s constantly changing her narrative. You can’t claim you took to a break from the online world (aka your job) because you were too ill to walk, your mother had to dress you and you could only wear one pair of shoes and leggings when you were living a normal life offline and were literally caught on camera doing so on a mountain.

She should he held accountable for lying as she’s doing it for sympathy so people click on her affiliate links. Influencers using illnesses as a scape goat is not cool.

Reactions: 2
Lily lies about being ill, or the severity of her illness and she’s constantly changing her narrative. You can’t claim you took to a break from the online world (aka your job) because you were too ill to walk, your mother had to dress you and you could only wear one pair of shoes and leggings when you were living a normal life offline and were literally caught on camera doing so on a mountain.

She should he held accountable for lying as she’s doing it for sympathy so people click on her affiliate links. Influencers using illnesses as a scape goat is not cool.
We don’t know the exact timeline of her illness getting worse though, do we? Just because she was doing relatively okay at the time of this video, doesn’t mean she wasn’t ill at all, and arthritis can flare up at unexpected times.

I’m studying arthritis in young people for my PhD and it can flare up at any age - usual diagnosis is between 8-12 years old. It can go misdiagnosed so maybe she has had it a while but only got a diagnosis of it? I don’t want to speculate about her health. It’s her constant fast-fashion clothing hauls what irk me especially in today’s climate.

Reactions: 6

Yeah this is not the take. If a person is chronically ill that is their business and their business alone and it isn't up to anyone else to decide whether they're lying or not. It's incredibly ableist and unfair to accuse someone of lying because you can't physically see their illness, and sometimes people with RA are able to get up and act like everything is normal - especially if their income relies on it.

Reactions: 13
Whether Lily has RA is anyone’s guess to be honest I don’t actually care and my boyfriends father has the misfortune of having it so I’m not unfamiliar with it.

Lily claimed to have scoliosis for years, had no treatment for it and no longer mentions scoliosis. I asked her about it on a recent Q&A and she dodged the question. How Lily talks about RA is exactly how she used to talked about scoliosis.
She claims to currently have a bacterial lung infection and was apparently hospitalised for it and is still having difficulties breathing, yet isn’t shielding or self isolating - Covid is a respiratory disease.

Lily’s said on IG a few times she didn’t create content whilst living at home because she couldn’t walk and that video is from the exact period when she was apparently unable to walk.

Lily lies about being ill or at least the extent of the illness, she has always done this, there has always been inaccuracies and she always contradicts herself. And it's not just illnesses she lies about either.

She’s lost a load of weight, she looked to be a size 16-18 at her biggest and is now back to a 10/12. She came off YouTube around the time of her weight gain and would only post close-ups on Instagram rather than her usual outfit pics. I think she was super conscious of the weight gain because she had been tiny before, and as I said before I don’t think she’s ever been naturally big.
I don’t think she’s back to her old Lookbook Nu size. She has definitely lost weight but she looks like she lacks tone and still has some weight to lose, well, only if she wants to get back to her original of course.

I don’t think she’s back to her old Lookbook Nu size. She has definitely lost weight but she looks like she lacks tone and still has some weight to lose, well, only if she wants to get back to her original of course.
I think she carried the extra weight well, Lily’s lucky she’s conventionally attractive.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.