Lily Melrose a.ka. llymlrs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lily blamed all her woes on scoliosis. Lily claimed she had to spend days in bed, couldn’t bend down to tie her shoelaces, had difficulty walking up the stairs in her flat, etc all because of scoliosis. If it was that bad she would have needed surgery. And her cat was a house/indoor cat so there are no excuses as to why she would abandon a pet after 5+ years.

I think the real reason Lily stopped doing Youtube was because Lily just wanted to make clothing hauls, to cash in on affiliate links, at a time when people were starting to become more aware to the ethical and environmental impact of fast fashion.
And she used to make grocery hauls and what I eat in a day videos whilst claiming to be gluten intolerant and vegan/plant based, then have a complete hissy fit when people would call her out on eating gluten and food that contained animal products.
Lily has never been able to deal with anything she perceived as negativity, which included people politely telling the food she was eating contained gluten or animal derivatives.

I agree dark hair suits her best, at least she got rid of the platinum blonde though it really did her no favours.
Yes, she was always fairly prickly in response to any feedback given you're right. I remember one video where she was saying we (viewers) think we know her, but she doesn't know us and rhe impaction was she didn't wish to, she just wanted to profit from our participation with her channel - but, participation at a distance thank you very much.

I liked her vids though, more than i disliked them and felt she had a good editing style but was less keen on her just sitting down and talking to camera. I enjoyed her brief foray into vlogs and her wieiad but you're right about her plant based diet being shakey at times (pringles/creme eggs) most people new to plant based eating welcome help from old hands about foods that you would assume at first glance to be vegan that aren't.

Surprised she isn't seeing any of zoe london now she's back.

Reactions: 1
Surprised she isn't seeing any of zoe london now she's back.
I thought this, they used to be close but haven’t seen them hang out for ages which is strange, especially as Lily was a bridesmaid for Zoe.
Same with her other friend Emma Blackery who always used to be in her vlogs. I wonder if there’s some beef there maybe?

Reactions: 2
Lily is another influencer with munchausen’s I’m really skeptical to believe whether she actually has RA, she paid a private doctor for the diagnosis after failing on the NHS.

She has had a series of made up illnesses, when she lived in Brighton Lily blamed having CF (chronic fatigue) and scoliosis for not producing content, both of which she never had treatment for and has since dropped in favour of having RA.
There’s also other illnesses and phobias which she claimed to have then contradicted - pencil phobia, tuba phobia, latex allergy, RSI, gluten intolerance, internal monologue and I’m pretty sure I remember her jumping on the endometriosis bandwagon when Zoe London talked about it.
In my opinion she’s as bad as Gabbie (Velvetgh0st) for this and I’ll never understand why grown women think it is okay to hide behind imaginary illnesses.

And Lily is the same as Helen Anderson in regards to both of them are now angling for the mid-size body positivity but are still editing their pictures and lying about their clothing size. Plus they both annoy me as they think they are the epitome of being alternative but in reality they listen to entry level alternative music, essentially pop music with guitars, follow trends and buy their clothes from chain stores.

I think she totally left her cat in Ludlow when she moved to London and is only interested in making money from affiliate links too. 🤷‍♀️
Yessss someone who is speaking my mind. I do not buy any of this stuff! There are some really interesting threads on reddit of influencers who seem to have fabricated illnesses.

I guess it’s the same as us here on tattle!
Ha! No i meant that when these influencers have too much time on their hands they seem to be continually getting sick or discovering chronic conditions.

If they were busy they wouldn't have as much time to dwell on an achey wrist or headache etc or why they are always tired - most peole are usually a bit tired. Sad but true.

Reactions: 2
Of course you just have to post an insta story about being in hospital 🙄😂 honestly I cannot with these sort of people

Reactions: 3
Of course you just have to post an insta story about being in hospital 🙄😂 honestly I cannot with these sort of people
Lily: duck off and don't ask about my illnesses it is personal
Lily: disappears frequently off Instagram without any warning/communication and is offended if people ask about it
Also Lily: Here's my hospital selfie have sympathy for me but don't talk about it

• Haha
Reactions: 14
When will influencers learn that you cannot have it both ways?

If you want to keep your medical tit private, then that’s up to you. You can’t try and seek sympathy with announcements and hospital selfies while also telling people not to ask questions about it.

I find anyone taking hospital selfies to be very suspect. It’s the most attention seeking thing EVER.

Reactions: 13
Hate the fishing hospital selfie trend.
Well meaning viewer, "omg What's wrong???
Influencer "PLEASE! Respect my privacy! So rude and presumptuous to dare ask we're NOT friends!!!!"

10 minutes later, and it's all
"Swipe up to visit my sponsors, click on my aff links or buy my xyz."

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She looks better now she's lost weight. And she seems so much more positive now. My first thought was, she's on new (brain) meds and feels better mentally. I think she's terrible at interacting with her audience, she's very much distanced from everyone, always has been. I like her clothing style. She's definitely living off those aff links. Well, good for her, whatever. She straightened her hair recently and it looked so good! But she said she doesn't like her hair like that I was like nooooo Lily it looks so good! Clean, well-maintained, sleek... Sigh

She looks better now she's lost weight. And she seems so much more positive now. My first thought was, she's on new (brain) meds and feels better mentally. I think she's terrible at interacting with her audience, she's very much distanced from everyone, always has been. I like her clothing style. She's definitely living off those aff links. Well, good for her, whatever. She straightened her hair recently and it looked so good! But she said she doesn't like her hair like that I was like nooooo Lily it looks so good! Clean, well-maintained, sleek... Sigh
Her distance from her followers really irks me somehow. I'm not demanding influencers act like they're our best friend but she really doesn't share anything anymore, hides in her room, no mention of her cat she used to share all the time that's disappeared, gets mad if you point out her weightloss, gets mad if you ask about her health...
If you want to be super private, you shouldn't be pursuing a career where you rely on swipe up aff links to pay your rent. I'm sure she's making a lot of money for her minimal effort, but I generally find her attitude for doing her 'job' rather crappy.

I wonder what she does all day actually. She puts out no content other than outfit selfies...

Reactions: 7
She’s very focused on putting her size in every post, and how big her size 12 clothes are now.... which is just a little odd when she never put her size before when she was bigger. And to be frank, she looks like a 12-14.

Reactions: 14
I noticed
She’s very focused on putting her size in every post, and how big her size 12 clothes are now.... which is just a little odd when she never put her size before when she was bigger. And to be frank, she looks like a 12-14.
I noticed his too! She looks loaaaaads better atm, and she is really feeling herself at the moment! Maybe she even has a bf. Hard to be inspired by her style as much as before as she is more and more like a stranger online, maybe sje is trying to do a megan ellbay and just to style content to pay her bills, but I've unsubbed from her and i might from lils too. I was really excited when she came back online but... it's been a let down.

Lilly might well say she doesn't care but if no one is engaging with her content will she still be able to live off insta?

Tbh I don’t blame her for feeling herself - I think she’s done really well to lose all the weight. Her confidence has probably shot up.

Reactions: 4
Lily has always struggled with her weight and self image. When Lily moved back home from Sheffield she was probably at her slimmest and she used to actually goto the gym. But she has always been a dick and back then she moaned at people using her images to re-sell clothing she had worn but in larger sizes because she didn’t want people to think she wore that size. I think it was in reference to Topshop so that would have been size 16 max? Lily was easily been bigger than that when she was carrying the extra weight and I can’t remember her ever admitting she was over a size 14? It’s not surprising she piled on the weight whilst living in Brighton considering what she used to eat.
And although she has lost weight it is worth remembering that she is editing her current pictures despite claiming to be body confident. Her Jawline especially in her IG profile picture, her arms and legs vary in width she isn’t even consistent in editing them.

I think she could easily make a grand a month off affiliate links. I noticed she’s been advertising herself to do custom IG filters and image retouching but as a photographer Lily’s own IG pictures are edited so badly I can’t imagine anyone paying her to do it.

I’m really not impressed with the amount of clothes buying she’s doing recently 😕 she’s such a victim of fast fashion and it’s not sitting well with me also due to the current climate that she keeps doing these hauls and encouraging others to buy. I hope influencer culture and there SwIpE UpS will fock off soon

Reactions: 13
The whole green velvet dress story was clearly just to brag that she fits in a size 10. She never ever used to mention size or would get pissy if people asked for size as a reference!

Reactions: 18
The whole green velvet dress story was clearly just to brag that she fits in a size 10. She never ever used to mention size or would get pissy if people asked for size as a reference!
I tried to keep count if how many dresses she ended up with. Tbh i didn't think it was cute, i liked the green check one she wore the day before from H&M though, everything else not so much.

How did she drop that weight i wonder, she looked like a size 18 (or more?) Before, and now down to a 10/12. Impressive! I hope she's still vegan, i saw she had the hello fresh spicy cauliflower wings on her stories.

How did she drop that weight i wonder, she looked like a size 18 (or more?) Before, and now down to a 10/12. Impressive! I hope she's still vegan, i saw she had the hello fresh spicy cauliflower wings on her stories.
I imagine she gained so much weight due to the steroids she was probs on for her RA and assume she was also depressed during that time. She looks the same size she has previously to me.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.