Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
That’s when most people spend time with their kids, yes. It’s what your meant to look forward to all year - time spent with the children you chose to have.

I personally find it odd given she was so critical of her absent parents in her autobiography.
I think that most parents have to work through school holidays, maybe taking a week or 2 off. I remember as a kid in the summer having to spend a lot of time at grandparents whilst my parents worked to earn the money so we could afford to do things. Maybe they’re spending time with their father and extended family. I think it’s a bit regressive to expect that a mother wouldn’t work for 6 weeks so she can spend treasured time with her offspring. A play written by Martin McDonagh is a big opportunity for Lily.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
It looks like Daily Mail is going to write new articles about everything that David or Lily do in their everyday lives, and each time they going to add the phrase that they're “living separate lives", lol

By the way, I remember that after breaking up with Alison Sudol, David also came to parties and other events alone.View attachment 2542599
He looks revolting

Reactions: 23

Sibz

VIP Member
I don't know why, but something about her relationship with David Harbour feels so off to me. Normally when you're in a happy relationship you have a glow, and put weight on if anything, you get comfortable together and let yourself go a bit! But since meeting him Lily has got thinner, totally changed her style, and looks tense and miserable almost like the life has been sucked out of her. He seems a nice enough guy though, maybe they're just unsuited and toxic together? But who knows what goes on behind the scenes. She clearly needs help with her weight, anyone with eyes can see that, plus the camera adds pounds, she must look even thinner in person

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Harlot O'Scara

VIP Member
You're right, there's clearly something wrong with David Harbour and he's not the "nice guy" he makes out to be. All of his ex-girlfriends, in a strange way, changed a lot for the worse after starting a relationship with him, as if the life had been sucked out of them.
David seems to do this with all his girlfriends. Plus, several women claimed that he still continued to meet women on Raya, although at that time he was already in a relationship with Lily Allen. He met Lily on Raya too.
Also, it seems very suspicious to me that a woman who was in David Harbor’s apartment in New York, and he himself was in Canada at that time, jumped out of the window of his apartment. He never explained what exactly she was doing in his apartment and who she was to him.
I'm normally not a great believer in "vibes", especially regarding people I've never actually met, but I find him utterly repellant. I read the long reddit threads about how "amazing" he is and I feel like I'm going insane.

I feel pure revulsion just looking at him. I'm honestly sort of fascinated by how strong my aversion to him is.

• Haha

coolcapitalist

Chatty Member
These three photo imo give an accurate representation of Lily at her biggest (size uk14 ish), her healthiest looking (size uk10 ish) which she looked like for the bulk of her singing career, and her thinnest (uk4?). The thinnest is a jumpscare after looking at the first two. Her face and rib cage are skeletal with very little fat on her body. Having fat on your body is healthy and a must! I know what an ED looks like, and that’s it. Naturally skinny people of the same clothing size just don’t look like that! They don’t look skeletal or sick. Losing all that weight has added years to her face. It’s a shame as she was always cute.
She looks so gorgeous in the second photo 🥰

• Heart

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
Yeah, most people have to take a cash in hand cleaning job to pay an unexpected electricity bill. Not stage a production featuring their famous friends.
Miquita threw a fit when she was asked to pay tax.

stevenseagull

VIP Member
Someone left her a comment on IG saying as a fellow artist they were finding if difficult to juggle being a parent and an artist and how does Lily manage?

It’s the same vein of “you have the same hours in the day as Beyoncé”.

Lilys children are being raised by a nanny. Lily doesn’t have to do housework, or school runs, or ferry kids to activities.

This whole thin tortured serious actress is her new personality - family Lily was so 2020.

• Heart

stevenseagull

VIP Member
I’m going to see The Pillowman next week- really didn’t want to but am taking my nephew. I saw the original production and I honestly can’t imagine her in it- I think she’s an average at best actress.

But something I have been thinking is how much energy is required to be doing a run like this, especially on two show days. I think she looks horribly unwell, but if she’s getting through the show, maybe she is okay?
I guarantee that in her next book she will reveal how sick she was during this theatre run

• Sad

Yel

Chatty Member
Lily does have a point that the tabloids pickup on anything to paint a negative story but never the positive stuff. Like her being the parent at her children's school to start the group to say no to smartphones. Yes it's probably a lot easier to do with parents that live in Brooklyn brownstones, but still such a good thing to do.

She's got the zero fucks attitude that you'd usually get from someone of pension age that used to be in showbiz decades ago and has nothing to do with it anymore.

It's pretty depressing that "second screen" stuff about people making TV shows designed to be watchable while you're on your phone. Not surprising though. Hadn't heard anyone else mention it until lily on the pod.

ranchdistressing

How can she be courting the tabloids like that while having kids. It's so wild to me. Would you not think of how it's affecting your children. Also I feel like Lily has done zero work on herself... she has written songs about these topics years and years ago but is still stuck in the same cycles.

Then you have somebody like Cillian Murphy who is an extremely successful actor, never in the papers and almost never does interviews. It can be done if your talent speaks for itself. Nowadays the people in the tabloids and media want to be in them.
The lesser the talent, the greater the drive for publicity.

Drea1984

Chatty Member
The above is absolutely true. She blatantly did not enjoy motherhood and it wasn’t what she thought it’d be. Happens. I felt much the same when my child was a baby!
it’s a hard tough job. And she is not cut out for hard work.

• Heart

Eurgh

VIP Member
I've known some women who went to London private girls schools like Lily and Miquita and they are total toxic frenemies - even in their 30s/40s. Bitching about each others' husbands and babies and house decor and trying to get one over on each other even though they're supposed to be BFFs, calling each other fat in WhatsApp groups they've excluded each other from. I was really quite shocked as I've never met people like this before. One stole her friend's nanny off her by making her think she was going to be sacked by the other woman and another one used her contacts to make sure she didn't get a job she'd gone for! I'm quite sure they would be shagging each other's partners too if they got a chance. Horrible horrible people.

• Wow

Eurgh

VIP Member
Those people that send in voice notes saying how they look forward to the podcast all week and feel like they're hanging out with their best mates are a bit tragic though. I wouldn't say it on a podcast when I'd specifically asked people to call in mind you.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Eurgh

VIP Member
Lily on the most recent episode "I come from a fairly middle class background"

YOU WENT TO BOARDING SCHOOL
There's a bit in Ab Fab when Eddie says to Saffy when she's being boring something like “Darling I sent you to BEDALES for God’s sake!” That was Lily's school.

• Haha

MissHavisham

VIP Member
Amazing home. Weird bedroom though
I'm guessing they just didn't have enough space to do everything they wanted and so sacrificed the bedroom windows in order to have those dressing rooms. They can't have actively wanted a windowless bedroom. I feel a bit suffocated thinking about sleeping in there, especially with a man farting beside you.

• Haha

smartalec

Lily’s mum interviewed in the Times saying she avoided Harvey Weinstein’s advances as she was too strong “and didn’t dance around male egos”. Spectacular victim blaming. Apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree then.

• Wow