Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Prince fan 1999

VIP Member
I’ve never understood people hating on her. I find her a hugely impressive woman.

Her parents were absent and neglectful and despite her extremely difficult childhood she managed to make a success out of her life.

Her voice, lyrics and music are all very good, her political opinions are compassionate and grounded in an understanding of what it’s like to be at the sharp end of Tory policy. She refuses to be shamed for her mental health struggles.

In my eyes she is hands down one of the best feminists we have and it wouldn’t hurt for people to acknowledge this from time to time.

What I find even more impressive is that she’s sober, she happens to also be an amazing actress which would have taken a lot of courage to pursue seeing as she is sensitive to the (unfortunately inevitable) naysaying of others.

She obviously realised she messed up when her kids were little and now takes her role as mother seriously.

She’s good at interior design, has developed the absolute best vibrator 🤪 and s openly about female sexuality.

I love that she doesn’t over-use social media anymore she just goes to the gym and does Pilates, learns new crafts and keeps her dignity.

what a woman and what a lot of life she’s managed to squeeze into her short life so far.

I think she’s awesome.
---
I also disagree that if you choose fame, you choose toxic male journalists working night and day to drive you to suicide through bullying.

I don’t think anyone should have to deal with bullying no matter how famous they are. It’s such a fucked-up victim-blaming mentality that thinks all famous people deserve to be antagonised by the press.

Such low vibration idiocy.

She is thriving and I wish her all the very best.
Hi Lily 😜👍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
The thing is, she always had that middle class wank fantasy of wanting to be a bohemian wife and mother. She more or less said so in that show she did with her sister when they opened that clothes hire shop. She thought she was going to retire to the country and bake pies in an apron full time, but obviously she hated it in reality. Her kids weren’t forced on her, it was something she actively wanted to do. If she wanted to keep her career, she had enough money to stay in London and get a nanny and keep making ‘music’ (or whatever). Now she’s pretending like she made some huge sacrifice to be a full time mother when in reality, she did that for a couple of years, got bored then picked up her party lifestyle where she left off.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’ve never understood people hating on her. I find her a hugely impressive woman.

Her parents were absent and neglectful and despite her extremely difficult childhood she managed to make a success out of her life.

Her voice, lyrics and music are all very good, her political opinions are compassionate and grounded in an understanding of what it’s like to be at the sharp end of Tory policy. She refuses to be shamed for her mental health struggles.

In my eyes she is hands down one of the best feminists we have and it wouldn’t hurt for people to acknowledge this from time to time.

What I find even more impressive is that she’s sober, she happens to also be an amazing actress which would have taken a lot of courage to pursue seeing as she is sensitive to the (unfortunately inevitable) naysaying of others.

She obviously realised she messed up when her kids were little and now takes her role as mother seriously.

She’s good at interior design, has developed the absolute best vibrator 🤪 and s openly about female sexuality.

I love that she doesn’t over-use social media anymore she just goes to the gym and does Pilates, learns new crafts and keeps her dignity.

what a woman and what a lot of life she’s managed to squeeze into her short life so far.

I think she’s awesome.
---
I also disagree that if you choose fame, you choose toxic male journalists working night and day to drive you to suicide through bullying.

I don’t think anyone should have to deal with bullying no matter how famous they are. It’s such a fucked-up victim-blaming mentality that thinks all famous people deserve to be antagonised by the press.

Such low vibration idiocy.

She is thriving and I wish her all the very best.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32

HeyBabes

VIP Member
Listening to the podcast now…. It’s actually really funny.

Be back at the end to comment further
---
She came across really well. Her and Miquita clearly have a very lovely friendship and deffo call each other out on their shit. They’re genuinely funny.

Deffo worth giving a listen whilst washing up or whatever.
Nah I’m good thanks

• Haha
Reactions: 32

femmegirly

Chatty Member
Lilys new accent is annoying, there is a video online of them shwoing off their new house, nice area in NYC- but her newly acquired very well spoekn accent is odd...and fake,
That’s her real accent. The working class persona was fake.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
My point is, there is a difference between nepo-babies. People like Lily-Rose Depp, Kaya Gerber, Brooklyn Beckham, are more interesting topics to the public than Lily. Lily‘s parents are most likely no reason to watch her new show, whereas Bono could be the reason for people watching a show with his daughter in it.

TBH the spawn of Bono, the world's most insufferable cunt, is more likely to make me switch off.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

katie94bb

Unpopular opinion I guess but they come off like spoiled rich people. I couldn't finish the video lol. There's some character to the house for sure but a windowless bedroom and carpeted bathroom make me want to run screaming 🤣 Lily is still so frail. I don't recognize her from the "alright still" days.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
I'm guessing they just didn't have enough space to do everything they wanted and so sacrificed the bedroom windows in order to have those dressing rooms. They can't have actively wanted a windowless bedroom. I feel a bit suffocated thinking about sleeping in there, especially with a man farting beside you.
And he looks like he farts like a wizard.

• Haha

Venuslurker

Chatty Member
Miquita:
"This one time we got a massive gas bill we couldn't pay so we decided to put on a play starring lily savage"

so relatable.

• Haha
I don’t believe she puts them in economy for any virtuous reason, if she had a hard moral stance on them being “normal” (despite the fact she was never normal herself?!) she’d not be flying them across the world, not have luxury homes, never let them into her Chanel collection, etc, etc. what this is is a narc parent not wanting to spend cash (£6k+ each way) on their kid lbr. I know it’s a well wheeled out story but idk why it’s acceptable, you wouldn’t take your kid to a restaurant and get a huge choccy cake and eat it in front of them whilst they had nothing so idk why this is ok to do either. It feels really mean to me 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 29

dovelist

Didn't someone on here say they saw her snorting ching when she was pregnant
I doubt this is true.

Also, if that person said it in relation to her losing her son it would be an incredibly cruel thing to say. She says what happened in her book which I won’t go into as could be triggering but his death was absolutely not drug related. She probably suffered from immense anxiety in her further pregnancies so it’s safe to say it’s very very unlikely she would have been doing that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

Eurgh

VIP Member
Haha yep. £500 back then too! Mind you, I imagine there were plenty of rolled notes around her home that she could access
I was scraping together enough for 10 B&H and a Solero at 14! I know she's had a hard life and her parents were awful but I would be embarrassed to admit that if I were so hell-bent on denying my privilege like she is.

• Haha

matchakitkat

She’s still friends with Simon Amstell and he tells a story of when they were on holiday together and got caught in the Boxing Day tsunami in Thailand. They were offered emergency food and Miquita wouldn’t eat it because it had carbs in.
I remember the press were horrible about Miquita’s weight when she was on Popworld. I think they’re both fucked up from those horrendous Heat mag days… I am and I’m not a celeb

• Sad
  • Heart

dovelist

what I took from it was she isn't that great of a mum and didn't really enjoy being a mum.
I reread it last weekend and totally get where you’re coming from. I maybe see it from a different perspective though, especially reading it the second time as I’m in a whole new headspace now to the first time I read it. I think her own upbringing was pretty messed up and generational trauma was at play. Also, just trauma in general, jeez, I can’t imagine experiencing some of the things she did.

I had pretty severe PND and the transition into motherhood wasn’t easy for me so maybe that’s why I’m more empathetic towards her struggles. I actually found it quite brave that she spoke out about the struggles she faced as it’s a very real thing that some women experience. The reality is that unresolved trauma can (but not always) cause some really messed up behaviour. Sometimes when you’ve got everything you thought you ever wanted and the reality is very different it can send you off the rails. People such as myself who weren’t parented particularly well and suffer from mental health issues sometimes struggle to adjust and have to learn on the job (we don’t always get it right straight away). Her children were never in harms way and seem to have been well protected from her turbulence by Sam, that’s not me saying they won’t have experienced trauma themselves through Lillie’s actions but I guess what I mean is I don’t view her and some kind of neglectful or abusive monster. Just a woman who had demons and was maladapted to parenthood.

She’s sober now and has had therapy so not sure it’s fair to say she didn’t a great mum in present tense as relationships change and evolve (even with your kids). Or maybe she is still working through it, who knows.

I’d quite like her to write another book so I can have an update 😂. I deffo have a soft spot for the girl despite and probably because of the flaws. Not often you read a whole book of someone telling their life including the really messed up parts that most people would take the grave. Makes me feel like less of an alien with the stuff that I’ve experienced in my own life.

• Heart