Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GeminiMoon

Chatty Member
Oooooohhhh ☕☕☕☕☕☕☕

and Miquita Oliver, they go way back
No way! Lily was on Miquita’s podcast recently. They grew up together, they are like family.

How strange. Maybe people close to her staged an intervention and she’s consequently cut them out of her life? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Total speculation but I can’t think what else it could be.

• Wow
Reactions: 25

smartalec

Sure babe, not being a deeply mid nepo baby with a weedy voice known for a terrible work ethic and rudeness

She is doing every she can to alienate her children. I hope the dad is normal.

Reactions: 25

RinsedHoops

Chatty Member
Yeah I think she looks amazing but I have an barely dormant eating disorder so I often think unhealthy-thin is beautiful and make excuses for it. She doesn't look well but I hope she is.

She likely swapped her various addictions for an addiction to exercise and extreme dieting.
I absolutely hate that I look at people like Kate Lawler and Lily, who both obviously have eating disorders and think they look good. My perception of what is an attractive body shape is fucked.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Yel

Chatty Member
I don't think she's right about nepo babies only aimed at women. Beckham sons, tony Blair son, Jude law son etc.

It's aimed at more women than men maybe because they're more likely to get into modeling and entertainment? Brooklyn Beckham must be one of the most well known and least talented nepo babies.

Content warning - statutory rape

Very sad. Her parents really failed her on so many levels. Idk how to articulate this and obviously people with great parents also get abused, but the fact one of her dad’s friends who had a public profile upon which his livelihood is dependent still felt secure enough to violate a child is very telling imo, goes to show everyone knew there was no love/support there. She shouldn’t have been left alone with these freaks in either situation, the parents are trash.

• Sad

femmegirly

Chatty Member
These three photo imo give an accurate representation of Lily at her biggest (size uk14 ish), her healthiest looking (size uk10 ish) which she looked like for the bulk of her singing career, and her thinnest (uk4?). The thinnest is a jumpscare after looking at the first two. Her face and rib cage are skeletal with very little fat on her body. Having fat on your body is healthy and a must! I know what an ED looks like, and that’s it. Naturally skinny people of the same clothing size just don’t look like that! They don’t look skeletal or sick. Losing all that weight has added years to her face. It’s a shame as she was always cute.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
They seem weirdly distanced somehow? How doesn’t he know, that his wife, in the same household, baked those pastries? Just one example. Except Lily is really shy when sober and that’s why she comes across so awkwardly.
I thought that was a joke that she baked them? I assumed she was being sarcastic

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
If you do admit you are careful about what you eat you get jeered at too. Look at Victoria Beckham - she doesn't try to hide that she lives off steamed fish and undressed salad and she gets mocked for that. You can't win.
And it’s usually only women whose bodies are policed in this manner.

Cat87

VIP Member
It often feels like a convo between Lily at 39 and Miquita in her Pop World days … she doesn’t seem to have matured that much! The way she talks seems a lot younger than she is!
She’s like that girl that peaked in year 11, and was never quite able to move on 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

ElaineDublin

Chatty Member
Yeah Lily Allen said that Nicola from Girls Aloud was the "ugly one”
Lily knew that was an awful thing to say and still went it.
Yep and made ginger comments and then God sends her a ginger daughter 😂

I know she did come out years later saying that she only slagged Cheryl Cole because she was jealous of her. Personally I think Racist Cheryl is worse 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 23

secretlondoner

VIP Member
This is off topic but relevant: I was chatting to a man earlier this year that I met online. He seemed perfectly reasonable. He’s a big guy - about 220lbs I seem to recall - and his 15 year old daughter has inherited his large frame and propensity for weight gain. I have no idea how she feels about that but I know that he feels very strongly that she should be fighting it, as he apparently tries to. He’s very much projected his issues with his weight into his daughter.

At her birthday party at an American diner style restaurant, she was allowed to eat ribs and fries while most other people had burgers (except for him - he has burgers without the bun). He would constantly berate her about her eating choices and the amount of the weight he felt she needed to cut.

I pointed out to him that his comments are likely to cause his beloved daughter to have poor self-image and possible disordered eating. He said he would prefer her to have an eating disorder and be slim than be big and ‘overeating’.

Needless to say, I stopped speaking to him but I often think about his daughter and how she is coping. It was a real eye-opener into how other people can vehemently hold the most toxic of opinions, even at the cost of their children’s health, even when they really do love their children.
And this is why everyone needs to go to therapy long before they have kids

• Heart

Venuslurker

Chatty Member
Yes exactly, when Miquita spoke about being surrounded by squatters growing up, you know EXACTLY the type.

Miquita's "humble" upbringing includes private school, acting in a play with lily savage that her mum directed, going to film premieres as a teenage, anything I've forgotten?

femmegirly

Chatty Member
I absolutely hate that I look at people like Kate Lawler and Lily, who both obviously have eating disorders and think they look good. My perception of what is an attractive body shape is fucked.
Me too. Coming of age in the 90s really did a number on me. I would LOVE to be that thin naturally. The reason why I’m negative about the way Lily looks currently is because I know she is starving herself and/or over-exercising to look like that. She has never been this thin in her life. Your metabolism is at its quickest when you’re young and she never looked anywhere near as thin when she was in her 20s. It’s completely different if people look like that without making themselves unhealthy and promoting unreal/unnatural body standards to others.

• Heart

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
20 years ago probably only women. I believe men are increasingly under pressure/scrutiny to achieve thr body beautiful nowadays
Maybe but it’s nowhere near the same volume or pressure that women receive and I don’t believe it’s yet to trickle down to ‘normal’ life. You still see absolute munters (from their profile pics) having the audacity to diss beautiful (or any) women on social media. Posting photos of female celebs who have dared to age slightly and saying they’ve ‘hit the wall’ or laughing at videos of Lizzo (and much, MUCH worse). And the thing is, you just know they’re probably sitting in the spare bedroom at their mums house eating last nights kebab in their underpants.

Anyway, that’s completely OT, sorry.

Jackie Brown

VIP Member
Yes, it doesn't quite add up does it? Miquita talks about being "poor" and mentions a gas bill that they received that they couldn't pay and that "fucked them up" to use her phrase. So to cover it, Andi & co put on a play (as mentioned above with Lily Savage) in order to pay said outstanding bill. Just living in another world. If that's meant to be poor, it sounds a decent lifestyle. Basically hanging out with a load of Trustafarians in Ladbroke Grove squats (i.e. townhouses).

I'm enjoying the podcast but yes, the differences between the two really jump out. Miquita still sounds like the 15-year old when she started PopWorld and Lily has actually grown up.

• Heart