Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I dont agree. I think she looks fabulous. Fit and toned and like a woman who takes a lot of care of herself with a lot if money. Its such a contrast to how she used to look - fat and sweaty wearing trainers and puffing a fag

I bet she's smoking more than ever now to stay so thin.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Venuslurker

Chatty Member
Regarding the most recent podcast, I get that Miquita lived in a council property with her single mum but she seems to dismiss the fact she had access to all these successful and celebrity friends and family members.

• Heart

secretlondoner

VIP Member
When a woman keeps drastically changing the colour/style of her hair, she's not happy in life
As someone who has five different hair colours in two years after a 14 year relationship coming to end and my business bottoming out, I can confirm

• Heart
  • Sad

neroli

VIP Member
I hate the way she presents herself..Eating disorders shouldn't be flaunted as a badge of honour. They wreck your life.

• Heart

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I saw Gwyneth in real life once, she was unhealthily, shockingly thin. It's true about the camera adding weight, the pressure on famous women is even more extreme.
My brother said the same about VB when he saw her in real life. He said he didn’t know how she managed to support her head she was so thin.

I really don’t like the discourse around women’s bodies. We’re either too fat or thin, but while my major feeling towards these celebs is pity, they are the ones who are maintaining the standards that many of us are judged by. I mean, they’re rich and famous and probably don’t care what Josephine Bloggs on the street thinks, but i would hate to than live like that and have every pound I put on or lost discussed by thousands of people. Steamed fish and broccoli for every meal? Salt on brown toast as an ‘treat’ or fucking bone broth? 🤢 Nah, keep your money and I’ll take fried rice, chips and curry sauce in front of the telly any night of the week.

• Heart
  • Haha

atome74

The sex worker thing is definitely coke related. Surely she could have found willing sex partners that she didn’t have to pay / exploit though?
There must be hundreds of women who want to lezz it up with a celebrity, maybe still a bit exploitative due to the power imbalance but also must be lots of celebs at her level who would be up for some drug fuelled experimentation too .
Weird flex to pay for it. I never understood why rich and famous pay for sex
It's because the sex worker is literally a professional, you negotiate what you want, you pay them and they won't run to the Daily Mail to try and cash in afterwards.

• Sick

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Amazing how fixing your teeth and riding Simon Cowell changes the public opinion of you 💅🏽
It always amazed me how she managed to get away with that and not only didn’t get cancelled but went on to become the ‘nation’s sweetheart’ and a national treasure. She always came across as a complete bitch on X Factor as well plus the irony of having Cheryl fucking Cole judging how well you can you sing. She’s the literal embodiment of the phrase ‘sing like no one is listening’

• Haha
  • Heart

Sour Pickle

Chatty Member
She seems really entitled in this clip. Record companies are usually the ones to decide which songs get released as singles, but she's acting like she's been scandalously victimised. She seems to think she, as a commercial artist, should be allowed to have full control over her career. But if you're privileged enough to be an artist contracted under a record company - and the international exposure that brings you - you have to accept that your output is a product to be maximized and promoted as the record company sees fit.

Most singers never, ever get a music career. Something like 5% of people around the world can sing yet how many of them are famous pop stars? She shows no gratitude whatsoever.

She seems like she wants to blame the record company for her flops, and for releasing work that she's now embarrassed about. FWIW I quite liked Air Balloon. There's nothing wrong with pure light-hearted pop.

Plus she’s in the 95% that can’t sing - so extra lucky.

• Haha
Not that it's any of my beeswax but I wonder if David had a midlife crisis or something. His prior girlfriend seemed like everything you'd want in a partner (I know looks can be deceiving*) and then he goes with Lily? And doesn't seem to intervene as she openly spirals like she is? It looks like Allison went on to have babies and still seems like a very lovely good natured human being. I'm sorry but I really don't understand going in such a wildly different direction with a mate.

To be fair, you can never really judge someone as 'everything you'd want in a partner' unless you know them. She could be psychotic behind closed doors? I mean, I'm sure she isn't but there are so many factors at play in attraction. Someone 'seeming like a very lovely good natured human being' is again, dependent on knowing them. Lily's a nightmare in some ways sure, but she is attractive and vibrant and they share the addiction past. She might be a much better match for him than his ex - who knows? We sure don't.

• Heart

d0llhouse

Who hasn't she slept with, the Japan thing is so odd and scary like total psychotic behaviour. I don't want to shame women with sex because we do get treated differently to men who get praise for being a "lad" but Lily seemed to do it as a power move.
She has a LOT of insecurities, so has always prioritised her relationships with men as a way of feeling wanted and validated. Women like that make notoriously shitty friends, so these revelations are not surprising.

• Heart
The worst thing about it is, there's probably at least some truth to it. You'd hope she'd have enough support that she wouldn't be talking about it so lightheartedly. It's as though she hasn't worked through anything at all, which is crazy when you consider the amount of therapy / rehab she must have participated in.
You can’t really undo trauma. Not complex trauma.
You can do practical things like becoming sober, journaling, medication, therapy, boundaries and self care but ultimately trauma damages the developing brain and can’t be completely removed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

neroli

VIP Member
I agree that she looked beautiful in her wedding pics. I don't struggle with body image so I admittedly can't get in the headspace of someone that does. I don't mind having curves and a belly. It sucks if Lily can't see the difference between how she looked then versus now. My associated issue is that she seems to flaunt this to her many followers and it's reckless. I know people that have suffered from disordered eating and they protect others from it. Lily doesn't seem to care even if her own daughters are influenced negatively by this behavior.
This angers me too. The one thing I'm proud of after having a lifetime of disordered eating is that I've protected my daughter from it and would never promote this very toxic behaviour/perceived coping strategy.

• Heart

Essexnic

Their earlier friendship seems quite toxic in the way some female friendships developed in your younger years can be. I feel quite sorry for Miquita, I know they are both older now so can probably laugh about it, but young Lily sounds exactly how she was described in the tabloids at the time. Lily hates the press and how she was portrayed, but the more I learn about her in her own words, the more it seems like she would have been a nightmare to deal with.
I thought it was really off that Lily slept with the guy Miquita described as the love of her life, even if it was a few years later.

• Sad

GeminiMoon

Chatty Member
She’s quite happy to have Kim Jones send her the latest Fendi apparel gratis, which is a privilege of her fame, but complains about the press attention that was partly responsible for making her famous in the first place.

On the whole I like Lily but she is very spoilt and very lacking in self-awareness.

dovelist

Most mums are like this that’s why there’s that meme about us all still having shabby bras whilst our kids are dressed up living their best lives!
❤ my peoples

if there was two seats left on a plane, one in economy and one in first class, and it was between me and one of my children… my child would be living their best life in first class. I’d be cheering them on from economy.

• Heart
  • Haha