LEGO fans?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have the flowers too and love love love them!! To the point where I’m considering buying again to have some in the bedroom too?! I already have some of the tulips in an old Diptyque jar, the sunflowers look lovely too! Maybe for the kitchen… 😅

Agree re birds of paradise - also I find the scaling a bit all over the place when seeing the products all alongside each other. I wouldn’t expect them to be 1:1 or perfect as it is obviously Lego, but the succulents feel SO small and almost feeble looking and yet the orchid & BoP feels absolutely needlessly huge.

I’d popped into a Lego store & they’d assembled it next to the flowers and it put me off, I guess they have to make it big and chunky to warrant the price but it just isn’t v visually appealing to have such a hunk of plastic alongside your real plants!
I thought the orchid looks a bit chunky, which is exactly what real orchids are not! I know it's hard to replicate delicate in Lego, but they managed it with the bouquet somehow. I would love to have a Lego bouquet when I get married!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I have the Bonsai and only got it because I saw it in the wicked brick case. Surprised how much I like it, but not sure I want anymore

I have the Bonsai and only got it because I saw it in the wicked brick case. Surprised how much I like it, but not sure I want anymore
I think it was the bonsai that threw me, I know they’re delicate and often smaller plants but the proportions of it versus the BoP just felt off!

Argh, Lego have confirmed that The Office set is happening!

giphy.gif

• Haha
I’ve just finally finished Diagon Alley. I have a rather large backlog: Grimmauld Place, Ministry of Magic, Threstals Carriage and one of the Moments books. I really want the staircase GWP. 🥺

I’ve just finally finished Diagon Alley. I have a rather large backlog: Grimmauld Place, Ministry of Magic, Threstals Carriage and one of the Moments books. I really want the staircase GWP. 🥺
I can't believe the staircase hasn't been its own set

You can buy off ebay, obviously a mark up but also cheaper than the £140 you need to spend to get it free

Is it true the Sanderson Sisters house is going to be a set? Saw something online but don’t know if it’s real or just fan made?

• Wow
Congrats. How long did it take you?
Diagon Alley is top of my want list. Was hoping to get it later on in the year but the staircase is making me want to get it now (though I might have to give up some luxuries like eating and paying for things to manage it)

Is it true the Sanderson Sisters house is going to be a set? Saw something online but don’t know if it’s real or just fan made?
Yes it's just passed the Lego Ideas process and lego have confirmed it will proceed with creating the set. Shame they can't get it out this autumn as the second movie is out at the end of October. However lego ideas sets usually take about a year to be released

Congrats. How long did it take you?
Diagon Alley is top of my want list. Was hoping to get it later on in the year but the staircase is making me want to get it now (though I might have to give up some luxuries like eating and paying for things to manage it)
Ages, because I have a toddler. I think it’s amazing value for money (although undoubtedly expensive!), tbh.

I really want the staircase. I need to put my order in.

Reactions: 3
My son has a you tube Lego channel. It’s only small but he loves doing it. He has low level autism and finds Lego therapeutic. We have a houseful. I’ve got the bonsai tree the sun flowers and the orchid. I didn’t make them but they are on display in my living room. My favourite one he has is the Van Gogh wall art that you can hang on the wall!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh I am so glad to have found this thread. I'm a big Lego fan. At the moment I'm building the VW campingbus.
Have lots of cars and Harry Potter sets, but also the Friends sets, Big Bang Theory and smaller Star Wars sets.
Here is an old picture of some of my Legos (Disney castle is not complete here).

Attachments

• Heart
My son has declared he wants the Daily Bugle lego for Christmas. Like really really wants but my eyes water at the price! He does love lego and keeps his makes but is it really worth it, does anyone here have it please?

My son has declared he wants the Daily Bugle lego for Christmas. Like really really wants but my eyes water at the price! He does love lego and keeps his makes but is it really worth it, does anyone here have it please?
For pretty much any set there will be at least a couple of YouTube videos from the professional accounts & then fan accounts, probably even a live build along if that interests him (might ruin the surprise element?) which could help both of you decide if it’s worth it? IMO as a Lego fan who doesn’t like star wars or HP those franchised kits always look a bit blah as imagine a big % of their price is in licensing fees so it’s never gonna be the best bang for your buck.

• Heart
For pretty much any set there will be at least a couple of YouTube videos from the professional accounts & then fan accounts, probably even a live build along if that interests him (might ruin the surprise element?) which could help both of you decide if it’s worth it? IMO as a Lego fan who doesn’t like star wars or HP those franchised kits always look a bit blah as imagine a big % of their price is in licensing fees so it’s never gonna be the best bang for your buck.
Thank you! I didn't even think about YouTube or anything like that and I can always have a look without him knowing.
He's a very big marvel fan so I know how it feels to shell out a lotta bucks for something that I then internally say "that's it?!" whilst simultaneously saying "well done!". So I'll definitely have a look. Thanks again!

• Heart
I'm not a bg enough marvel fan so I haven't bought it, but I've not heard anything but praise for the set and don't know anyone who has regretted it.

• Heart
Thank you! I didn't even think about YouTube or anything like that and I can always have a look without him knowing.
He's a very big marvel fan so I know how it feels to shell out a lotta bucks for something that I then internally say "that's it?!" whilst simultaneously saying "well done!". So I'll definitely have a look. Thanks again!
Personally I suspect you will end up feeling like that 😂 but on the flip side if he is a major marvel fan then maybe the set will get a loooot of play hours so be worth it on a cost per play basis, if not cost per brick? 🤞

Now I’ve seen it mentioned on this thread I’m having second thoughts about the Van Gogh set. It’s hard being a Lego fan with no fandom - their flowers wall art should have been up my street but really missed the mark, esp for the price. Have been more tempted by those dots wall signs tbh! I’ll go on a YouTube hunt re that set tonight 🙂

I'm not a bg enough marvel fan so I haven't bought it, but I've not heard anything but praise for the set and don't know anyone who has regretted it.
Personally I suspect you will end up feeling like that 😂 but on the flip side if he is a major marvel fan then maybe the set will get a loooot of play hours so be worth it on a cost per play basis, if not cost per brick? 🤞

Now I’ve seen it mentioned on this thread I’m having second thoughts about the Van Gogh set. It’s hard being a Lego fan with no fandom - their flowers wall art should have been up my street but really missed the mark, esp for the price. Have been more tempted by those dots wall signs tbh! I’ll go on a YouTube hunt re that set tonight 🙂
He'll probably end up getting it and hopefully be a happy chappy even if I am crying inside 😶 thank you 😌

• Haha
Reactions: 2
We're all excited for lego masters Australia today !! Hamish is by far the best presenter of the franchise 🥰.

• Heart