LEGO fans?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone watching/did anyone watch series two of Lego Masters Australia?

We’re currently watching and we’re on episode 7 which I’ll post about behind a spoiler tag. Firstly I love Hamish 😍 and find the fact that Brickman gets emotional so cute 😭

I was gutted when Jay and Stani were eliminated last episode. Really don’t think they deserved to go over Jen and Jodie. Then they bring them back this episode in the build off twist… to eliminate them again! The girls aren’t anywhere near as good with their technical skills as the boys were. Such a shame as I’d have loved to have seen what Jay and Stani built in future weeks. I can’t remember what their names are and don’t want to google and accidentally see spoilers, but I’d like the two long haired men to win.
OMG same! I just saw this thread and came on to say the exact same thing! Me, the husband and the kids are all addicted to it. I daren't click on the spoiler! Hamish is :love: and so funny. Wish we could get him over here to replace Ant & Dec on everything. My kids were desperate for them to use the Jordy brick :ROFLMAO:

I only watch the Aussie one as I've seen the ratings for the US/UK ones and they are way lower. They Aussies seem like a great bunch of people.

As for my/the kids Lego collection, does anyone use the website "Rebrickable" to log all your sets? My estimated set value is £4617.50, but I don't know how accurate this is.
375 - Castle (1978)
327 Basic Building Set (1985)
6379 Riding Stable (1986)
6359 Horse Trailer (1986)
6523 Red Cross (1987)
1599 Britannia Airways (1987)
6396 International Jetport (1990)

The Castle is from my cousin's collection, the rest are all mine. I was buying new sets regularly up until last year, when my sons became more interested in their gaming :( I don't know if I could ever bear to part with any of my old sets.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I love Lego Masters Australia. Watch it every week. The American one isn't bad either (although very American obviously lol). Gutted the British version was axed (although I do think the Australian version is the best.

Ooh, I’ve never heard of Rebrickable before. I’m not sure if I’d want to know 😅 but it’s all worth it from the hours of enjoyment we’ve all had from the sets we have.

Lego Masters Aus is absolutely the best version, however I do like the US version too. I feel like this series we’re watching has brought something different. Some of the build ideas are great! I won’t spoil anything for others that may not have watched yet but will come back and post under spoiler tags once we’ve finished the series.

Reactions: 1
Good thing is according to imdb there's a 3rd series of australia so we have at least one more to go.

I've actually started to appreciate Australian tv more in general. I enjoyed Australian Apprentice and also Bake Off

OMG same! I just saw this thread and came on to say the exact same thing! Me, the husband and the kids are all addicted to it. I daren't click on the spoiler! Hamish is :love: and so funny. Wish we could get him over here to replace Ant & Dec on everything. My kids were desperate for them to use the Jordy brick :ROFLMAO:

I only watch the Aussie one as I've seen the ratings for the US/UK ones and they are way lower. They Aussies seem like a great bunch of people.

As for my/the kids Lego collection, does anyone use the website "Rebrickable" to log all your sets? My estimated set value is £4617.50, but I don't know how accurate this is.
375 - Castle (1978)
6523 Red Cross (1987)

The Castle is from my cousin's collection, the rest are all mine. I was buying new sets regularly up until last year, when my sons became more interested in their gaming :( I don't know if I could ever bear to part with any of my old sets.
I've just the other day looked up all my sets, and so far my collection is worth around £2000. I don't have anything from before 2011 though, and a lot of my sets are only recently retired. I think my most valuable one is the Simpsons Kwik-e-Mart.

Reactions: 2

375 - Castle (1978)
6523 Red Cross (1987)

I've created a set list and added sets to it but the value at the side is 0, does it take time or do you have to do something to get the value?

Edit...never mind just took a while

Last edited:
I’m 50 yrs female and every year my dad buys me a lego creator set.
I have VW camper, Harley Davidson, london bus and Land Rover defender.
this year I received and yet to build a Porsche
what I really want is a Disney princess castle 🏰 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Another adult Lego lover.I’ve tried to get my boys interested in it but they have short attention spans so I end up doing most of it.
we I had a Lego building weekend, sonic and the crab have already been misplaced (I’ll find them when I clean tomorrow) 🙄 my eldest also built the bonsai tree.
I really want the home alone house but I’m trying to pay off debt 😭
CDE00BBB-C05C-42E3-B00E-AC31CA577D90.jpeg

Another adult Lego lover.I’ve tried to get my boys interested in it but they have short attention spans so I end up doing most of it.
we I had a Lego building weekend, sonic and the crab have already been misplaced (I’ll find them when I clean tomorrow) 🙄 my eldest also built the bonsai tree.
I really want the home alone house but I’m trying to pay off debt 😭
View attachment 1077968
I have the Home Alone house and it's totally worth it if you can find the money. Loads of nods to the first two films in the set. Excellent attention to detail and some cool moving parts

Big lego fan myself. Have been since childhood but lockdowns and their move to adult based sets has reignited this expensive and storage issue hobbies 😅😅

Does anyone else watch YouTube channels on lego, and if so any recommendations? I've tried a few but some are a bit annoying

I find ashnflash quite good for news although he doesn't focus on everything.

Also Afol and the kid is quite good for reviews. Seems a small family channel. The Dads quite hot 🤣

I like EllieV/EllieVtoys and Bricksie, an Aussie lady and a Canadian guy respectively. They do chilled builds, remodels and Bricksie has a whole basement with loads of different areas for different buildings ( a beach, under the desk he has an underwater scene, Sitcom Square with the Friends/Seinfield/Big Bang Theory buildings together, a theme park, a zoo…). They are both very relaxed, friendly and quite funny.
I want to get the sunflowers, tulips and/or roses for the girl I nanny, who will be 10 in about a month, and the German Shepherd BrickHeadz for the boy I nanny, who will be 7 in June. I need to go to my nearest Lego Store, which is about a 40 minute train ride away. I also want to pick up the 3-in-1 tiger set as a birthday present for a former colleague’s daughter, if it is cheaper than the nearly 60/55€ I saw it for in two toy shops.

• Heart
I did it. I bought the home alone house! It had been out of stock for a while so when it came back in I got straight in there for fear it would sell out again lol. Can't wait to build it, and it has lights 😍

• Heart
Has anyone seen the Lego Masters Australia finale? I thought it was the right result. I've just realised that was series 2 of 3. I need to catch up on the other ones.

Has anyone seen the Lego Masters Australia finale? I thought it was the right result. I've just realised that was series 2 of 3. I need to catch up on the other ones.
Yep, I was pleased.

Series 3 starts next Sunday on E4 which I was surprised about as usually there’s a good gap. Series 1 was good too but this was so much better - a lot of new challenges.

Yep, I was pleased.

Series 3 starts next Sunday on E4 which I was surprised about as usually there’s a good gap. Series 1 was good too but this was so much better - a lot of new challenges.
I feel I need to watch S1 just to find out the Jordy back story 😂

• Haha
Yep, I was pleased.

Oh I thought it was the American one that starts next week

Got a little pressie today to add to my collection 🥰💐

DE96D23E-09C5-49C1-8B3D-7F53E4517DB9.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4