LEGO fans?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I became obsessed during lockdown and now have a rather large collection of Harry Potter.

Anyone else?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So much of it in my house and nowhere to put it. I love it and dread to think how much I've spent over the last few years.

My fave piece is the rollercoaster and the carousel. I want the ferris wheel to match but it's been discontinued 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So much of it in my house and nowhere to put it. I love it and dread to think how much I've spent over the last few years.

My fave piece is the rollercoaster and the carousel. I want the ferris wheel to match but it's been discontinued 😭
I “only” have the Harry Potter theme at the moment, but I feel like I’ll be probably end up branching out soon. I only have the micro scale Hogwarts Castle, the Collector’s Edition Hedwig and Diagon Alley left to get. My husband is pretty annoyed all the most expensive are left on my Christmas list! Although I’m currently self-isolating with covid so I feel like I deserve a treat. 🙈

What other themes do you have apart from the fairground pieces?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We are big Lego fans in our house!

I’ve always told my son that if we won the lottery, we’d have a Lego room 😂

I think the best one I had is The Simpsons House, but perhaps because that was my first set. I also have the Friends sets and the Disney castle. My son has the rollercoaster. Would have loved to have bought the Ferris wheel.

Problem is, I absolutely love buying it and the boy loves building it, but we’ve ran out of room to store it all!

Anyone watched Lego Masters?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi. I'm an AFOL An adult fan of lego

Th
We are big Lego fans in our house!

I’ve always told my son that if we won the lottery, we’d have a Lego room 😂

I think the best one I had is The Simpsons House, but perhaps because that was my first set. I also have the Friends sets and the Disney castle. My son has the rollercoaster. Would have loved to have bought the Ferris wheel.

Problem is, I absolutely love buying it and the boy loves building it, but we’ve ran out of room to store it all!

Anyone watched Lego Masters?
BIB - we've seen the uk one and watching the australian one which is nearing the end now.
I'm a AFOL - an adult fan of lego.
Love lego but it is so expensive.
Having said that I have quite a few sets.

Reactions: 1
Yes! Any other Lego Masters fans or is that for another thread?
Nah I’d say it’s good to be covered here!

We watched the UK version first, then the US versions and just finished the first Aus version, which was my favourite. I’m slightly in love with Hamish 🥺

I feel like this is how people feel about Bake Off? 😂

We watched the UK version first, then the US versions and just finished the first Aus version, which was my favourite. I’m slightly in love with Hamish 🥺

Do you follow any of the LEGO YouTubers? I’m sure I saw that Holly - from potterminifigpals - was scouted for the Aus version. I never had time to watch the whole video to find out why she didn’t do it. I think that being on, and being good on, Lego Masters is a whole different ball game to building sets that you receive as pr. I know Holly does do some MOCs, but they’re not mind blowing, imho (not that I could do any better, mind…).

I loved the UK version I hope they bring it back. The US one felt fixed with who won it. I like the Australian version but the episodes seem so long!

Yeah the episodes were very long for the Aus version!

Oh completely a total different ball game. I love building Lego sets but would have no imagination to create even close to what they do. But I love the ideas and seeing how they use certain pieces to make things you’d never think of.

I’ve never watched any Lego YouTubers but will have to have a look with my son.

Reactions: 2
I really want to build that gigantic hogwarts castle lego. Saw it in the lego shop in DLP and was amazed.

I have the botanical collection, so the flower bouquet, bonsai tree and bird of paradise. I would love the Harry Potter castle, but no space and it’s a lot of money.

Meeeeee! I bloody love lego! I've got the VW Beetle, VW camper van, Mini Cooper, Fiat 500, Friends Central Perk, Simpsons Kwik-e-mart, Fairground Mixer, Parisian Cafe, Flowers and loads of smaller kits. I've got my eye on the typewriter and the Friends Apartment. Luckily I've got a very understanding fiance who indulges me 🤣

Do you all keep your models made up or do you take them to bits and store them away? I have a couple that I keep on display, then after a few months I take them apart and swap them for another. It's the building that I enjoy.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone pulled the trigger on the Harry Potter GWP Gryffindor Dorm set? I was a bit annoyed that the minimum spend had to be on Harry Potter, especially since the mid-price sets - Wizard’s Chess, etc - sold out really quickly. I plumped for the Hogwarts Icons Hedwig set in the end - there’s going to be another buildable object next year. It makes me wonder if they might do a full-scale dorm at some point, like they did with Diagon Alley.

Love a bit of Lego, not long finished the Adidas trainer which is just marvellous. Doing a land rover at the moment, and would like the grand piano at some point.

The colosseum is floating around in my head too :)

Love a bit of Lego, not long finished the Adidas trainer which is just marvellous. Doing a land rover at the moment, and would like the grand piano at some point.

The colosseum is floating around in my head too :)
Interesting to hear that about the Adidas trainer. I didn't know what to make of it, and I normally like slightly more unusual kits. I might add it to my wish list!

Omg yes to this thread!! I need to watch Lego masters.

I wish there were more aesthetic sets out at the mo as would love to do one, my last set was the type writer.

I love the concept of Lego botanicals but of the 3 sets out the flowers one is the only one that makes the mark IMO? I saw all 3 assembled in store and the other two look a bit naff tbh, don’t like the proportions on the bird of paradise it feels far too big. It’s such a shame.

Wish they’d release more stuff in fandoms I’m interested in - would LOVE a Carrie’s apartment!

Meeeeee! I bloody love lego! I've got the VW Beetle, VW camper van, Mini Cooper, Fiat 500, Friends Central Perk, Simpsons Kwik-e-mart, Fairground Mixer, Parisian Cafe, Flowers and loads of smaller kits. I've got my eye on the typewriter and the Friends Apartment. Luckily I've got a very understanding fiance who indulges me 🤣

Do you all keep your models made up or do you take them to bits and store them away? I have a couple that I keep on display, then after a few months I take them apart and swap them for another. It's the building that I enjoy.
This is interesting - I’ve funnily never thought to dissemble and rotate but that’s such a brilliant idea?!

I only got back into Lego in 2019 after getting unwell, gutted I missed the Simpson’s stuff tbh (looking on eBay at it now tho 👀) and love some of the cars in your collection just hate the idea of having multiple cars on display as don’t love them aesthetically ??