LEGO fans?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was hoping to get the Elf house during a post Christmas sale but it hasn’t gone down in price at all and surprised to see them still selling it. Do I buy now for later on in the year or hold out to see what new sets get released?

Was hoping to get the Elf house during a post Christmas sale but it hasn’t gone down in price at all and surprised to see them still selling it. Do I buy now for later on in the year or hold out to see what new sets get released?
The only two ways I can imagine getting any form of discount (unless they reduce it!) is a) any stockists eg John Lewis or toy stores that will discount, have voucher codes, or cash back / loyalty schemes or b) make use of the black friday offers they do where you double your points or something to that effect?

Off to go look at it too! Did anyone else get the Lego catalogue through their door the last week or two? I liked the sign you can do with the dots! Haven’t really cared for any of the other art pieces - has anyone else? The boutique hotel has some cool art bits in it, wish they’d do more along that line but human house sized!

The only two ways I can imagine getting any form of discount (unless they reduce it!) is a) any stockists eg John Lewis or toy stores that will discount, have voucher codes, or cash back / loyalty schemes or b) make use of the black friday offers they do where you double your points or something to that effect?

Off to go look at it too! Did anyone else get the Lego catalogue through their door the last week or two? I liked the sign you can do with the dots! Haven’t really cared for any of the other art pieces - has anyone else? The boutique hotel has some cool art bits in it, wish they’d do more along that line but human house sized!
I would love the world map, but it's way too expensive. I've just bought the friends apartment on ebay, no box or instructions and a couple of bits missing but got a bargain and I was able to source the missing pieces ☺ I have bought far too much lego this month!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Zavvi has a lego sale on at the moment. They can be hit and miss but sometimes there are some good deals

I don't even remember how but our son is a huge Lego fan now and we have A LOT of sets 😆 fire stations, safari, pirate ships, police, a tuk tuk, creator boat, ice cream van, skate park .. a lot of Lego city sets and some of the creator ones

But then I started enjoying building 😬 so now I have the sonic set, the sunflowers, roses, lovebirds, Easter bunnies 😆

I really want an elf set up but didn't realise there was one released so going to have a look now 🤣

I hope they add more sonic levels as that is a mega drive game from my childhood 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Reactions: 2
I was never into Lego as a child but the Central Perk set after Christmas and really enjoyed it. Then did the Dursley’s house and now I’ve just ordered The Burrow (though forgot the weekend that’s in it so I won’t have til mid next week 😩) safe to say I’m hooked 😍
Was actually surprised at how much I enjoy building the sets.
Got my eye on the big Diagon Alley but it’s so long I just don’t have the space (or the €400 to pay for it but that’s besides the point)
The Simpsons house looks amazing too. Gutted I missed out on that.

Reactions: 3
Got my eye set on the Jurassic Park T Rex breakout 👍🏻

One thing I wish they’d do though is more detailed Disney film sets. The sets they do seem to be really simple, almost Duplo like.

Take Beauty and The Beast for example, you could have Belle’s village/Gaston’s Tavern/Maurice’s workshop/Beast’s Ballroom etc…

Got my eye set on the Jurassic Park T Rex breakout 👍🏻

One thing I wish they’d do though is more detailed Disney film sets. The sets they do seem to be really simple, almost Duplo like.

Take Beauty and The Beast for example, you could have Belle’s village/Gaston’s Tavern/Maurice’s workshop/Beast’s Ballroom etc…
Yes I agree.i loved the winnie the pooh one, but the others are more kid based and also have the horrible mini doll figures. There was talk of snow whites cottage coming out as an adult set but apparently its been shelved.

The jurassic park break out is my next one. Basically mainly want it for the jeep so I can put it with my jurassic park gates set.

Also tempted by the new delorian. And the titanic

We actually went into a Lego shop today and I heavily hinted that I’d like the Treehouse next 😂🤞🏻

We actually went into a Lego shop today and I heavily hinted that I’d like the Treehouse next 😂🤞🏻
Ooh I wanted that but after the struggle trying to attach the leaves to the Winnie the Pooh tree, I’ve quickly shelved that idea 🙈

• Haha
I was never into Lego as a child but the Central Perk set after Christmas and really enjoyed it. Then did the Dursley’s house and now I’ve just ordered The Burrow (though forgot the weekend that’s in it so I won’t have til mid next week 😩) safe to say I’m hooked 😍
Was actually surprised at how much I enjoy building the sets.
Got my eye on the big Diagon Alley but it’s so long I just don’t have the space (or the €400 to pay for it but that’s besides the point)
The Simpsons house looks amazing too. Gutted I missed out on that.
Is this the set you were talking about?

Seen it was 400 on amazon but this site has it cheap, haven't really heard of them so not sure what they are like

Attachments

I ended up getting the children I nanny the roses 🌹and the BrickHeadz St Bernard sets, though I really wanted to get them the sunflowers and the German Shepherds. The sunflowers are always out of stock online, I cannot find them in any toyshops that sell Lego and my nearest Lego store has not had any in either when I have been. For their end of school year present, I have my eye on the boxers/bulldogs and the tulips. If I can find the German Shepherds, they will be part of the boy’s birthday present.
i also want to get presents for two little boys going into primary school ( aged 6 or coming up to 6 in September), and thought a 3-in-1 set might be fun. I saw a set with a whale, fish and another sea creature that was for 6/7+, but it looks a bit babyish, not too far from Duplo, really.
i love the idea of detailed Disney princess sets: Ariel and Eric’s castles would be amazing, Ursula’s lair, the ship, Ursula could have a dual face, a different body and a hair piece to become Vanessa, Ariel’s treasure trove, a shipwreck for her to explore… Elsa’s ice palace woukd be incredible ( though I think that actually exists already!) , Cinderella could have her attic room, there could be the kitchen, sisters’ and stepmum’s rooms, the cast…
I could wax lyrical about Lego all day and still have praise to give it!

Is this the set you were talking about?

Seen it was 400 on amazon but this site has it cheap, haven't really heard of them so not sure what they are like
That has to be a scam or something, doesn’t it? If it was actually that price I’d buy it this second and feck not having the room 😂

Reactions: 3
That has to be a scam or something, doesn’t it? If it was actually that price I’d buy it this second and feck not having the room 😂
Honestly I've no idea, I had a look at other sets like the simpsons house an it was coming in at 300 which I assume is what it is

Like I say I've never heard of them, it did say in the description you were getting the shops since at first I thought maybe it was somthing to go with them as they offer lights to match the sets so you can light them up

Does make me curious though 😅

Finished S1 of Lego Masters Australia yesterday. Happy with the winners, well-deserved. Going to start on S3 soon. Makes me sad though, as every episode I watch means one less episode of Hamish to enjoy 😂

Anyway, we are taking the kids to Legoland Windsor for the day tomorrow. I would be really grateful for any tips/best rides/anything to avoid, etc?

• Heart
What do you guys think of the new Lego botanicals sets? There’s an orchid and some mini succulents.

I love plants and Lego so this should be SO up my street but idk why they just don’t land for me…? Idk what I’m expecting them to do as they can’t create huge versions of plants or hanging plants can they.

That said I’ll definitely buy the mini succulents 🤭

What do you guys think of the new Lego botanicals sets? There’s an orchid and some mini succulents.

I love plants and Lego so this should be SO up my street but idk why they just don’t land for me…? Idk what I’m expecting them to do as they can’t create huge versions of plants or hanging plants can they.

That said I’ll definitely buy the mini succulents 🤭
Mixed feelings for me, I have the bouquet which I love and the bonsai which I love to look at but it wasn't fun to build. I think they are overpriced for what they are (saying that I got the bonsai for £20)
I think I'd get the succulents and possibly the orchid but I don't think the Bird of Paradise looks very exciting.

• Heart
Mixed feelings for me, I have the bouquet which I love and the bonsai which I love to look at but it wasn't fun to build. I think they are overpriced for what they are (saying that I got the bonsai for £20)
I think I'd get the succulents and possibly the orchid but I don't think the Bird of Paradise looks very exciting.
I have the flowers too and love love love them!! To the point where I’m considering buying again to have some in the bedroom too?! I already have some of the tulips in an old Diptyque jar, the sunflowers look lovely too! Maybe for the kitchen… 😅

Agree re birds of paradise - also I find the scaling a bit all over the place when seeing the products all alongside each other. I wouldn’t expect them to be 1:1 or perfect as it is obviously Lego, but the succulents feel SO small and almost feeble looking and yet the orchid & BoP feels absolutely needlessly huge.

I’d popped into a Lego store & they’d assembled it next to the flowers and it put me off, I guess they have to make it big and chunky to warrant the price but it just isn’t v visually appealing to have such a hunk of plastic alongside your real plants!

I have the bouquet and do like it in a vase as they’re different.

I like the look of the orchid too but none of the others appeal enough to buy.

But yes, the bouquet was fiddly!