LEGO fans?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not Lego masters related but appreciate the updates thank you @Mark81!

What do you guys think of this year’s announced releases so far? This is an incredibly rare year for me in that I’ll probably make multiple purchases! I’ve always wanted to buy more but it’s never quite been there for me but they’ve got some good non fandom based stuff coming out this year imo!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Not Lego masters related but appreciate the updates thank you @Mark81!

What do you guys think of this year’s announced releases so far? This is an incredibly rare year for me in that I’ll probably make multiple purchases! I’ve always wanted to buy more but it’s never quite been there for me but they’ve got some good non fandom based stuff coming out this year imo!
Think its going to be expensive for me. The return of Indiana Jones, LOTR plus disney 100th and more jurassic park planned. Plus im sure there will be others. I also would love the titanic...if I can ever afford it. Barely bought anything last year but this year I think will be expensive lol

• Heart
Think its going to be expensive for me. The return of Indiana Jones, LOTR plus disney 100th and more jurassic park planned. Plus im sure there will be others. I also would love the titanic...if I can ever afford it. Barely bought anything last year but this year I think will be expensive lol
I’m grateful I’m not a film or tv person because there are SO many of those sets + they’re priced a bit higher than non licensed ones! But agree this year will probs be my biggest spend year yet. I know the starry night was a 2022 release but finally committed out of FOMO, looks beautiful so far so no regrets. Will buy the a frame cabin as soon as it’s released, I’ve even planned to get a shelf put up to have it on display in our hall! Outside of that I want to get the heart shaped wall thing and the wildflower bouquet, although both are low priority. Will realistically get the galaxy explorer at some point but probs not off the Lego site, probably an impulse purchase from JL or Smyths etc.

I’m remain tempted by the haunted house, the Winnie the Pooh house for my LO’s room, and Sesame Street for the same reason. Treehouse too but the pooh
House scratches that itch? I’ll see how it goes!

• Heart
I’m grateful I’m not a film or tv person because there are SO many of those sets + they’re priced a bit higher than non licensed ones! But agree this year will probs be my biggest spend year yet. I know the starry night was a 2022 release but finally committed out of FOMO, looks beautiful so far so no regrets. Will buy the a frame cabin as soon as it’s released, I’ve even planned to get a shelf put up to have it on display in our hall! Outside of that I want to get the heart shaped wall thing and the wildflower bouquet, although both are low priority. Will realistically get the galaxy explorer at some point but probs not off the Lego site, probably an impulse purchase from JL or Smyths etc.

I’m remain tempted by the haunted house, the Winnie the Pooh house for my LO’s room, and Sesame Street for the same reason. Treehouse too but the pooh
House scratches that itch? I’ll see how it goes!
The winnie the pooh set is a beautiful set. I'm particularly a fan but its one of my favourite builds. Also comes with most characters so it's quite complete in that way.

Yeah I try not to go to one theme too much as I know I'd buy them all (e.g. the modular buildings im glad i didnt start). So I tend to go on nostalgia and lego versions of things that mean something to me. But this year some of my favourite movies are being represented lol so I'll definitely get at least one piece.

I also got the white house for Xmas which was a great build. Some of the architecture sets are really good

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Disney lego is a dream, I'd love that. My partner has just built a 4ft long titanic out of his childhood lego and a few newer pieces, it's pretty impressive and fairly accurate to the actual ship. He wants the actual set though, absolutely no idea where we'd put it which is a slight issue

Just opened a new set and there’s a slip in it that explains they’re switching over to paper bags rather than single use plastic! Has anyone had any paper ones yet and what are they like?

V excited for it, also think it’s more of a premium experience so surprised they hadn’t done it earlier?!

Just opened a new set and there’s a slip in it that explains they’re switching over to paper bags rather than single use plastic! Has anyone had any paper ones yet and what are they like?

V excited for it, also think it’s more of a premium experience so surprised they hadn’t done it earlier?!
I've heard they will be doing it but not seen any as yet

One rumour I don't want to be true is there was talk for a time that all instructions would go online. That would be totally impractical

• Wow

One rumour I don't want to be true is there was talk for a time that all instructions would go online. That would be totally impractical
So I’ve just scanned the QR code on my instruction book because of this comment and it takes me to a Lego Builder app that does contain instructions. I hope they keep to running both, imagine the anti screen time mums will have influence on that decision! 🤞🙏🏻

But v useful to know set instructions are available digitally as my succulents fell to PIECES in a house move and I’ve done a half arsed job re assembling them.

They have already changed the wrappers for base plates to paper.
There are some super cool 3-in-1 sets out now: one with dogs ( with a total of 5 or 6 different breeds to make across 1ll the options), one that can be a parrot with flowers, a tropical fish ( a blue tang, whatever type of fish Dory from Finding Nemo is) and a tress frog, another one that can be a rabbit, a cockatoo or something else. The dog one will be perfect for the hopefully still canine-obsessed boy I used to nanny, who has a birthday in June, and one of the boys for my current family will be getting one of the other two sets for his 10th birthday in May. His little brother ( the one I mainly look after) is getting a 3in 1 dolphin and turtle set when he turns 5 in June, and I am going to get him lots of other non Lego dolphin/ocean themed items too!
The city postcards are great, I want to get more of the Paris and London ones for various children in my life, especially the ones I used to teach English to, as the London one will be a perfect nod to that.
I have the daffodil flower set for the nearly 11 year old I used to nanny. She already has the sunflowers, tulips and roses which I think look lovely.
One of my best friends has a daughter who just turned 9, and I got her the BrickHeadz poodles and am thinking about getting the orchid flower set for her mum/ my friend for her birthday in June, as they are her favourite flower, she has real ones all over her house. The wildflowers would also be perfect for my brother and his wife, as those were the kind of flowers they had at their wedding.
Some time ago, I found a Bruni the fire salamander from Frozen set for my niece in a supermarket, which made me so happy, as I had seen it in a Lego store and then, when I came back to get it, was told it had been discontinued.
When I get paid on Tuesday or Wednesday, Lego will be getting a big chunk of my salary!
I find the prices are still pretty reasonable for the kids’s sets, though I do have to shop around as some toy shops mark them up massively. But I can usually pay between 10-20€ for a set that’s going to last pretty much forever ( my parents still have 3 massive vats of my siblings’s and my Lego) and will bring a ton of joy and creativity!
Only having the instructions online does seem a bit silly, but I guess you could always print them off, but that wouldn’t be an option for everyone! Plus Lego is supposed to be a non screen time activity, perfect for developing concentration, creativity and hours of fun play!

I'm really struggling not to buy any at the moment 😅 I need to try and save money but there are so many good sets coming out this year!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm really struggling not to buy any at the moment 😅 I need to try and save money but there are so many good sets coming out this year!
There are so many brilliant sets aren’t there? What’s on your wish list? I’ve already bought two this year and am hoping my husband gets me another for Mother’s Day 😂 This is definitely my highest Lego buying year ever!

• Heart
There are so many brilliant sets aren’t there? What’s on your wish list? I’ve already bought two this year and am hoping my husband gets me another for Mother’s Day 😂 This is definitely my highest Lego buying year ever!
I really want the LOTR Rivendell set. The new indiana jones ones look good, plus some of the disney 100th ones and the jurassic park ones are tempting.

Plus I want Titanic from last year.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I really want the LOTR Rivendell set. The new indiana jones ones look good, plus some of the disney 100th ones and the jurassic park ones are tempting.

Plus I want Titanic from last year.
This is a thing of beauty:

1678529174613.png

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve been checking the site regularly for this and I’m SO excited, I’m not a big space person but I love the mid century/Sputnik vibes of these and think they’re aesthetically strong enough to be home decor and the Lego thing is a cool reveal rather than tolerating them because they’re Lego (see: the succulents). Also the forth one is giving TfL roundel which I love too! These will be hung up next to my desk which has inspired me to have the galaxy explorer (again, not a space person but it’s a strong set/love nostalgia) above my screens.

Sorry for the essay but I’m so excited they’re doing more for adult Lego fans that is outside the big fandom franchises they push or absolutely mammoth modulars! Or flowers, god knows we’ve had flowers…

IMG_3167.jpeg

Yes!! Love it!! Definitely the best version of lego masters
Agreed! I really hope that because they’ve not had “the best of the best” then that’s the series done with. I’ve not seen anything to suggest that thankfully so here’s hoping.

Some of those builds were just incredible.

Scotty and Owen are just insane builders. So talented. I want to go back and watch their builds in their first series to see how much they’ve improved.