LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The presenters normally thank the previous presenter, eg J O'B to NF. I presume NF thanks SA (or IP), SF and EM The only ones I hear actually chat on their handover is J O'B to SF and I think I have heard NA to Matt Standlen (when he was on). I don't know if he does it with Clive?

Charming as always from Whale. I think even JOB & Natasha Devon are more listenable than him.
He can be quite unnecessarily confrontational at times. It is weird. I never listened to him before this year, so never really knew what he was like many years ago. He's more of a shock jock, right?

Steve and (insert name here)

Steve spectacularly fell out with Iain Lee too.
Yes, Steve does has form for falling out with presenters. I always got the impression he was jealous of them moving on to pastures new when he has been stuck at LBC for years.

Of course, how did I forget Steve and Iain Lee?

I
We are in the minority as for years I have also never understood his appeal, let alone how/why he is still on-air. However, he does have his fans and his ratings must be very good.
It has been a while since we have had any proper ratings such as the RAJARs. Hopefully they will start again soon.

Reactions: 1
It has been a while since we have had any proper ratings such as the RAJARs. Hopefully they will start again soon.
Yes, as I mentioned before and @The Big One also confirmed:

The last published survey for RAJAR was for January 2020. I understand they have being doing surveys now, and are evaluating them. Hopefully we will see some results later this year.
I'm sure Nick A's figures will still be good enough as just like Steve, his programme is unique.

Last edited:
At last, Steve is back! Note there wasn't any Twitter nonsense that we have been palmed off with in the past few weeks. He has just returned without all the speculation.

Reactions: 3
On the presenters not getting along, Jim O'bingo & Nigel Farridge :D

Welcome back to Steve Allen

Not going to lie that it was nice to see Steve back and hear him talking complete rubbish - my usual listens are the likes of Maajid & Mike Graham so it is nice to have a break from the heavy topics every so often.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not going to lie that it was nice to see Steve back and hear him talking complete rubbish - my usual listens are the likes of Maajid & Mike Graham so it is nice to have a break from the heavy topics every so often.
Did you hear him mention Ian Payne? Unless he did so again later in his programme and I missed it, he didn't thank Ian for covering for so long and at short notice. All I heard was Steve saying Ian talks a lot about football...:(

I still don't understand all the fuss about going to the bank. Surely all his transactions could have been done online, but then Steve does love to pay for things in cash.

Reactions: 2
Did you hear him mention Ian Payne? Unless he did so again later in his programme and I missed it, he didn't thank Ian for covering for so long and at short notice. All I heard was Steve saying Ian talks a lot about football...:(

I still don't understand all the fuss about going to the bank. Surely all his transactions could have been done online, but then Steve does love to pay for things in cash.
He will be the last person in Twickenham to go cashless lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Sorry I had not seen that. Let us hope you were right and we will get some updates later this year.

On the presenters not getting along, Jim O'bingo & Nigel Farridge :D

Welcome back to Steve Allen
O'Bingo also fell out with a couple of the overnight presenters. There was one Xmas party where some of us wondered what O'Bingo would do if they turned up with Nigel Farage?

• Haha
The last published survey for RAJAR was for January 2020. I understand they have being doing surveys now, and are evaluating them. Hopefully we will see some results later this year.
I hope Paul Easton will start doing his RAJAR blog again. His detailed graphs are sadly missed.

Legendary LBC obsessive & regular caller to Nick Ferrari, 'Colin from Windsor' has obviously missed Nick really badly whilst Nick was on a hard-earned holiday last week
😁

• Haha
Steve was going on about that Alpaca and animal cruelty. I bet he goes home and eats fish fingers without a second thought. Lol

• Sad
  • Haha
Steve was going on about that Alpaca and animal cruelty. I bet he goes home and eats fish fingers without a second thought. Lol
It's one of the (ever reducing) things that nick Abbott gets right; idiots going on about cute animals rights while scoffing their face with awfully treated battery farm animals. They say they care, but not enough to pay 50p more for better welfare. :(

Reactions: 5
It's one of the (ever reducing) things that nick Abbott gets right; idiots going on about cute animals rights while scoffing their face with awfully treated battery farm animals. They say they care, but not enough to pay 50p more for better welfare. :(
I don't mind people being sad about it, but people who vehemently oppose animal cruelty, but eat animals is a bit odd. For e g, If someone dumped a bagful of puppies in a ditch, I'm not going to leave them there because I eat meat and shouldn't care about them.

It is the people who froth at the mouth and get super angry about animal cruelty, but tuck into a big mac later that day, that bemuse me haha. It is fine to feel sympathy, but some people take it over board, despite eating meat they don't know where it came from or how the animal was treated.

Reactions: 4
O'Brien must be a hoot around the dinner table..."did I tell you of that time I 'owned' a caller back in Oct 2020?"
He's gone back to his schooldays once again, got expelled...sorry mother, private schools.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.