LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems like David Lammy is in for JOB while he's off.

Am I wrong to object to serving MPs doing as many shows as he does? I know it's summer recess so he'll have more time but not only is he an MP however also has 2 positions as a minister in the shadow cabinet. I guess if he wants to do a weekly show then fair enough but not full week fill ins. I wonder if JOB maybe requested him to fill in?

Is Steve no longer doing Sundays then?
Yes - I believe that Steve dropped the Sundays meaning that Ian has the two weekend AM slots and that made space for Camilla to join the lineup so I can't see him going back to Sundays regardless.

Reactions: 3
That seems to be the case, but I don't remember anything official being said. I suppose at the moment, we have to take each day at a time where Steve's schedule is concerned.
Yeah I guess so. It was odd he took on the Sunday mornings too. He never gave himself enough time to relax properly.

Reactions: 1
Yeah I guess so. It was odd he took on the Sunday mornings too. He never gave himself enough time to relax properly.
He always did Sundays, or do you wonder why he kept doing them after he returned from his first bout of illness earlier in the year?

He always did Sundays, or do you wonder why he kept doing them after he returned from his first bout of illness earlier in the year?
Did he? How long ago did he do Sundays? I remember him doing them before his illness occurred, right? He did five days, then moved to 6 days a week, then he got ill and since then he's never done a Sunday.

Did he? How long ago did he do Sundays? I remember him doing them before his illness occurred, right? He did five days, then moved to 6 days a week, then he got ill and since then he's never done a Sunday.
Very good point as I'm now questioning myself. He did six days for quite a few years, long before he became ill earlier this year. In my mind I'm sure he still did a few Sundays on his return, then stopped, but thinking about it more, as you said he never did return to Sundays again. I remember there was lots of speculation about him doing far fewer days, but it was only one day that was dropped.

I honestly don't know how Steve managed doing those early mornings so many days a week. That shift would absolutely kill me and I'm quite a few decades younger! I wonder if he ever wanted a better slot. Obviously he brings something different to the table but the early breakfast slot is pretty pointless, on a bog standard station in that slot, there's little that you won't get on the main breakfast show which always has more listeners and guests.

Reactions: 4
I honestly don't know how Steve managed doing those early mornings so many days a week. That shift would absolutely kill me and I'm quite a few decades younger! I wonder if he ever wanted a better slot. Obviously he brings something different to the table but the early breakfast slot is pretty pointless, on a bog standard station in that slot, there's little that you won't get on the main breakfast show which always has more listeners and guests.
Years ago, Steve did afternoon, evening, overnight and now early morning shifts. I don't think he's ever done Breakfast as that slot has always been news of the day and current affairs. That said, he has been at LBC for so long so possibly he did do Breakfast, perhaps when he was a newsreader.

Whether he really likes this current slot we will never know, but he seems to adapt well to wherever he gets moved to. I agree though, this 'graveyard' shift is not good now he is much older and also has health problems.

Can perhaps see Steve doing just a Saturday & Sunday in the future, maybe a review of the week, stuff like that, as he winds down with age.
That sort of thing has worked well for Tony Blackburn on Radio 2, 'Golden Hour' on a Fri night & 'Sounds of the 60's' on a Sat morning.
Perhaps Payne or Spurr would get the Mon-Fri early breakfast & maintain 'the spike'.
Mind you I reckon Steve would probably have to be dragged out kicking & screaming as he wouldn't want to give it up 😁

Any of you listen or watch TalkRadio? I was watching some of Cristo's show on YouTube earlier and he had the comedian Steve n Allen on. Haha I swear the guy looks like he could be a younger Steve Allen. Lol. I know he took the name from the past comedian, but I find it hilarious how much he has similarity to our mate Stevie boy.

• Wow
Has JoB mentioned the Scarlett Johansson Vs Disney thing? I remember him calling her brave for taking the sodastream cash over the Oxfam charity work 🙄. She was probably in London at the time and was hoping she'd call in after overhearing in a cabbie.

I had a table top one for years. It was brilliant for just me and the hubby whilst we were working. You can actually get quite a bit in them.
I kinda miss mine, it was great for two of us to fit the breakfast and dinner stuff then put on every day. Then was so easy to unload. Filling then unloading a full size one between two of you can be a tad annoying. This is why I like Steve and the random tit he comes out with 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think James O'Brien is great. I love how he used to dismantle the arguments of Brexiteers.

Ian Payne's show started well, talking about the history of Haiti then the Afghanistan situation.
He always ends up waffling on about bloody football though "£100m for a player"
Does that money actually change hands between Clubs?
It's a ridiculous amount just for kicking a ball mind you :mad:

Ian Payne's show started well, talking about the history of Haiti then the Afghanistan situation.
He always ends up waffling on about bloody football though "£100m for a player"
Does that money actually change hands between Clubs?
It's a ridiculous amount just for kicking a ball mind you :mad:
He spent the last hour bigging up Extinction Rebellion! ☹

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.