LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ian Payne listed for early breakfast tomorrow, Sunday and all next week. Beginning to wonder if Steve will ever be back.
The same here. I'm sure he will be back but the way his absence/return/absence has been mentioned by Global is very unprofessional. Who is in control...?

Reactions: 4
I was really hoping for Steve this morning. I’m not gonna lie I kinda miss hear his food rants in the morning 😂😂

Reactions: 2
The same here. I'm sure he will be back but the way his absence/return/absence has been mentioned by Global is very unprofessional. Who is in control...?
Agreed. Even from Steve's own point of view this has been a bit silly. He needs a plan for his own health as well and then hopefully he can return.

Surely it is better that Steve returns when he is back to full strength, rather than coming back too soon and then having to go off again. It maybe he thinks he will be better but when the day comes, on reflection, he doesn't feel 100%

Reactions: 3
Ian mentioned last week that Steve is returning to health. He referred to the early hours as an issue, but Steve has been doing those times for years. By all accounts, Steve was fairly well adapted to the 4am starts, so not sure if I believe that as a reason.

Yel

Returning to health just sounds like one of those non-committal things you say regardless of what's actually happening.

The early morning thing is a silly thing to mention, would be better to not say anything. It's far more likely to be the bargain buckets eaten on the bus than that.

I hope when/if he comes back it's just for a few days a week to slowly ease into it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Surely it is better that Steve returns when he is back to full strength, rather than coming back too soon and then having to go off again. It maybe he thinks he will be better but when the day comes, on reflection, he doesn't feel 100%
This is exactly what seems to be happening but it shouldn't be allowed. Either he should be signed off by his GP or medical professional, or Global tell him to take time off (if they are allowed to) until he is well enough to return.

Reactions: 1
Whatever has been wrong with Steve, it must have been pretty serious for him to take so long recovering, either from it or from the treatment he's been receiving.

Whatever has been wrong with Steve, it must have been pretty serious for him to take so long recovering, either from it or from the treatment he's been receiving.
I agree, which is why I say again, he should have just been signed off for a few months, if that's how long his recovery will take. Not all this yes, he's back tomorrow - no, he isn't shambles.

I don't want to speculate too much, but if it was a bladder issue he had, maybe bladder cancer? I know that's a reach as we don't know for sure, but my dad's had bladder cancer and he's been able to have the cancerous tumour operated on and removed, but recovery can be a week or two.

With Steve it seems he's been in and out of hospital, and his last op was said to be a short recovery period. It does seem very odd. We will likely never find out, at least not any time soon, but I remember he had bladder issues and it sounded familiar.

My dad also had issues a few years back with prostate pushing on the bladder, so maybe it could be something like that rather than the c word. Is it just me or did it all start after he said he had that health shot he bought which contained ginger, which made him violently sick? It seems ever since then he's been having issues.

Is it just me or did it all start after he said he had that health shot he bought which contained ginger, which made him violently sick? It seems ever since then he's been having issues.
It did indeed but that has to be a coincidence surely? He had the shot from M&S, was violently sick and then started with the cystitis. The rest, as they say, is history.

Prostate problems can cause frequent urination and backache. Ginger is good for nausea. I was drinking ginger tea, made with powdered ginger as that’s all I had, last year when I had a bug after losing my sense of taste and smell. GP now thinks it was Covid. It happened April 2020. It did help settle my stomach. I also drink ginger beer or ginger ale when nauseous.

Prostate problems can cause frequent urination and backache. Ginger is good for nausea. I was drinking ginger tea, made with powdered ginger as that’s all I had, last year when I had a bug after losing my sense of taste and smell. GP now thinks it was Covid. It happened April 2020. It did help settle my stomach. I also drink ginger beer or ginger ale when nauseous.
Ginger biscuits were always recommended for morning sickness.

I think the shot Steve had was a one of the M&S hot shots which also contained turmeric. This is what happens when Steve tries to be healthy and steers away from KFC. He ends up ill for months.

I had some actimel recently that contained turmeric. Thought I'd get with the healthier option. It was disgusting. Gone back to strawberry :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
It did indeed but that has to be a coincidence surely? He had the shot from M&S, was violently sick and then started with the cystitis. The rest, as they say, is history.
I also think it is just a coincidence. All we do know is Steve had severe cystitis as he mentioned this himself. Anything else is just speculation at this stage as we don't know unless he decides to tell more when he returns.

Yeah I'm sure it is coincidence. It was just odd how he hadn't felt well since then. Wondered if he had stomach issues as well as cystitis. I guess we won't know though.

At first I thought he may have had Covid and maybe it had left him feeling rough. I guess he would have got tested for it though, right? I mean he was here, there and everywhere before. At Iceland, Waitrose, Marks, Costco etc. Wouldn't have taken much contact to have caught it.

@FenellaTheWitch - Steve has done some new podcasts today. Have you listened to them? If so, are they worth posting here?
Has he? I didn't realise 😱

I'm losing my touch. Was busy listening to Nick and Carol today.

NB ... just had a look and there is a little bit extra! Woo Hoo! Hopefully that means he'll be back in the saddle soon. This is what he did last time.

• Heart
Ginger biscuits were always recommended for morning sickness.

I think the shot Steve had was a one of the M&S hot shots which also contained turmeric. This is what happens when Steve tries to be healthy and steers away from KFC. He ends up ill for months.

I had some actimel recently that contained turmeric. Thought I'd get with the healthier option. It was disgusting. Gone back to strawberry :ROFLMAO:
Just to add that both ginger and tumeric are recommended for inflammation. So maybe Steve's problem is related to that.

A few years ago I had some keyhole surgery and ginger is recommended for helping the recovery and I know some use tumeric. As a word of advice having bought some ginger and chopped it up to make tea, you need to add some sugar as it is very bitter.

Just to add that both ginger and tumeric are recommended for inflammation. So maybe Steve's problem is related to that.

A few years ago I had some keyhole surgery and ginger is recommended for helping the recovery and I know some use tumeric. As a word of advice having bought some ginger and chopped it up to make tea, you need to add some sugar as it is very bitter.
Ginger and lemon teabags are good if you're feeling a bit queasy. Add a spot of honey if you want to sweeten it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.