LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never known anyone be able to listen and watch so many things all at the same time!!
It may well be a disorder, or a middle-aged man scrambling for relevance via 'likes' on social media, who knows.
I caught some of Shelagh Foghorn after my gardening & she was winning over a chap who was fearful of being vaccinated, for various reasons.
Hopefully he heeded her advice & goes.

Reactions: 3
It may well be a disorder, or a middle-aged man scrambling for relevance via 'likes' on social media, who knows.
I caught some of Shelagh Foghorn after my gardening & she was winning over a chap who was fearful of being vaccinated, for various reasons.
Hopefully he heeded her advice & goes.
I heard Shelagh yesterday talking to a young chap who said he had been very hesitant to get the jab but said after listening to Darren Adam talking to a Dr he decided to get the vaccine.

It obviously does some good to keep the conversation going and trying allay fears.

I really hope Steve returns soon. I've taken to listening to ocean sounds to get to sleep 😖

Reactions: 2
I was catching up with Ian Payne's show from yesterday.

One difference between him and Steve is that anyone Steve has interviewed is lovely, so nice, got on so well. Ian, not so much. Good to hear him having a witch about Daley Thompson, Quentin Tarrentino and Robert Downey Jnr. He's been in Steve's chair for too long :ROFLMAO:

I also agree with Ian about Richard Osman's book 'The Thursday Murder Club'. I too read about 100 pages then gave up as it was a load of rubbish. ( I still love RO though)

Just listening to Boris extolling the virtues of a boat to Nick. Not sure about that one. Big waste of money.

Talking of which ... The Muddy Mound of Marble Arch. What a load of crap that is. On this occasion the Boris Bridge would have been a much better and interesting project than building an artificial hill right next to a massive park!!!

Reactions: 1
LBC regular 'Colin from Windsor' is now asking for lists of advertisers on GBNews so he can cut off their revenue :love:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Just a bit off topic, anybody tried those champagne truffles Steve was mentioning a few weeks back? If so, are they good? I was taking a look online at them and they are pricey. I was thinking of buying some, but want to know if they are good first.

LBC regular 'Colin from Windsor' is now asking for lists of advertisers on GBNews so he can cut off their revenue :love:
I believe he's now Colin from Gerrard's Cross. He's boycotting M&S while they advertise on GB News, and has donated £20 to RNLI to help in their endeavours at rescuing illegal migrants. Presumably secure in knowing that they aren't likely to turn up in his little patch of leafy Bucks.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What the hell is going on with Steve?

Lots of speculation about him due to return last Monday, then his non-return. Reading his tweet again, was it written by him or one of his boys? It seems to be written in the second person:

This Monday...

I say again, it is getting more ridiculous. Stop the tweets and leave the LBC schedule blank if Global don't know from one day to the next when Steve will be back.

Reactions: 5
What the hell is going on with Steve?

Lots of speculation about him due to return last Monday, then his non-return. Reading his tweet again, was it written by him or one of his boys? It seems to be written in the second person:

This Monday...

I say again, it is getting more ridiculous. Stop the tweets and leave the LBC schedule blank if Global don't know from one day to the next if Steve will be back.
I think he could at least show some consideration towards his listeners by giving them an occasional update. Noreen and co must be frantic.

• Haha
I think he could at least show some consideration towards his listeners by giving them an occasional update. Noreen and co must be frantic.
I'm sure Noreen & co are fully in the loop. As for the rest of his listeners, it is not not good manners. Keep quiet if you don't have anything of substance to say/post. Otherwise, updates would be appreciated. However, none of us know what's Steve's situation is and I always think many of his tweets are sent by his producers and not himself.

Last edited:
I also agree with Ian about Richard Osman's book 'The Thursday Murder Club'. I too read about 100 pages then gave up as it was a load of rubbish. ( I still love RO though)
I'm not convinced his public image is accurate of Richard Osman. When his influencer friend made a BBC documentary about tattle life it was full of total made up BS that hadnt been fact checked. He said how essential it was to watch, tattle should be shut down and how lovely his influencer friend was and we were trolls for talking about her beauty product ads. The "lovely" influencer was talking of sending her convinced violent criminal (and now convinced child sex offender) round to Tattlers homes 😳

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I'm not convinced his public image is accurate of Richard Osman. When his influencer friend made a BBC documentary about tattle life it was full of total made up BS that hadnt been fact checked. He said how essential it was to watch, tattle should be shut down and how lovely his influencer friend was and we were trolls for talking about her beauty product ads. The "lovely" influencer was talking of sending her convinced violent criminal (and now convinced child sex offender) round to Tattlers homes 😳
That's disappointing to hear.

Why does Tattle get singled out for this crap? I've had far worse experiences on other forums and seen worse posts. Is it mainly cos the influencers whinging and moaning that not everyone thinks they're such a productive and essential member of society? :rolleyes:

As for Steve, the tweet saying he would be back was definitely written by one of his boys/producers. You can always tell what Steve has written and what someone else has. I'm quite getting into Ian Payne though. He was talking about the English Language and accents yesterday. I enjoyed that even if his own attempt at various accents was shocking! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
That's disappointing to hear.

Why does Tattle get singled out for this crap? I've had far worse experiences on other forums and seen worse posts. Is it mainly cos the influencers whinging and moaning that not everyone thinks they're such a productive and essential member of society? :rolleyes:

As for Steve, the tweet saying he would be back was definitely written by one of his boys/producers. You can always tell what Steve has written and what someone else has. I'm quite getting into Ian Payne though. He was talking about the English Language and accents yesterday. I enjoyed that even if his own attempt at various accents was shocking! :ROFLMAO:
I really like Ian Payne doing early breakfast. He does lightweight very well, featuring stories that don't make the headlines. I only hear half the show, so I wish he'd do the full three hours like that instead of doing a serious topic phone-in from 6-7. But for his own good - he's mentioned that he once had severe depression - I don't think he should do more than weekends at that time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.