LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A remarkable hour or so with Mr Payne there..
Morning, morning, morning!

'Re-enactors can get together again now, bow & arrow, running around with targets painted on stomachs"...*titter*

'Have you ever been to Southern Turkey??'

Village disputes, an extension to the local bowling green in Ian's village caused uproar amongst the local nimby's.

Food (so very Steve😀) unusual food combos...stewed gooseberries & mackerel...:sick:
'DON'T take photos of your food, just EAT IT...ENJOY IT!!!!'

I believe we may well be witnessing early-onset of "Allen Derangement Syndrome" in Ian Payne, doing the early breakfast show would appear to affect broadcasters in many ways.

More please

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Steve recorded a Little Bit Extra yesterday. It's here: https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/steve-allens-a-little-bit-extra/. It could have been cobbled together from old shows and reminded why I haven't been missing him. Tom Daley - Love Island - Meghan & Harry - Daniel Radcliffe - Elton John - Peter Andre - Beckhams - Rylan - Katie Price - Prince Andrew & family. He's doing another one today and he's listed for next week.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Steve recorded a Little Bit Extra yesterday. It's here: https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/steve-allens-a-little-bit-extra/. It could have been cobbled together from old shows and reminded why I haven't been missing him. Tom Daley - Love Island - Meghan & Harry - Daniel Radcliffe - Elton John - Peter Andre - Beckhams - Rylan - Katie Price - Prince Andrew & family. He's doing another one today and he's listed for next week.
Did you catch that fairly surreal hour or so with Payne this morning?
Ian was even singing at one point, it's as though the Spirit of Steve is consuming Ian Payne.
Might be the chair that's possessed/haunted 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ian was even singing at one point, it's as though the Spirit of Steve is consuming Ian Payne.
Ian has the the angel on one shoulder and the devil of Steve Allen on the other. The devil of SA whispering 'SAY IT, SAY IT' and Ian is holding back, the angel says 'No, DON'T SAY IT' and Ian cannot help it and blurts out 'Gemma Collins the fat talentless nobody' lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Or he's delirious after all the hours he's working :ROFLMAO:

Either way, Steve better get back soon before Ian loses his marbles.

Reactions: 2
I can’t stand Majid when I am listening late at night, same old droning on and forcing the callers to agree with him. It’s too much when I want to go to sleep. I want everything back to normal.

Reactions: 8
I can’t stand Majid when I am listening late at night, same old droning on and forcing the callers to agree with him. It’s too much when I want to go to sleep. I want everything back to normal.
Maajid is bad enough during the day, let alone at night. I also find Darren Adam too aggressive. There are very few presenters conducive to late night/early morning listening. Clive Bull is good and so is Jim Davis. JD used to be very bland when he was on LBC, but years later he really has improved. It's something about the voice and lack of confrontation that works well. Leave the shouty presenters to daytime programmes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Maajid is a strange choice for the 10pm slot. He is far too aggressive.

James was a strange listen today. The first 15-20 minutes or so he was totally manic. He'd obviously had too many expressos. Thankfully he did calm down a bit as the show progressed.

Reactions: 5
I have given up on James, I had hoped the incessant self praise was only temporarily heightened with the book and board game release. It’s permanent sadly.

Reactions: 6
Is Ian Payne married? I heard him talk about his mother and kids, but not his partner.
He’s divorced. He’s mentioned it a few times. He said he kept his pension and gave his ex the house. Then he said that she married again and got a bigger house.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
He’s divorced. He’s mentioned it a few times. He said he kept his pension and gave his ex the house. Then he said that she married again and got a bigger house.
I shouldn't laugh, but I can just imagine Ian mentioning that and just huffing and puffing about it.

I shouldn't laugh, but I can just imagine Ian mentioning that and just huffing and puffing about it.
Thus was in the last week or so so you could listen back to hear it. He said his kids are all in their twenties. I assume he gave her the house as the children lived with her.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.