LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I believe he's now Colin from Gerrard's Cross. He's boycotting M&S while they advertise on GB News, and has donated £20 to RNLI to help in their endeavours at rescuing illegal migrants. Presumably secure in knowing that they aren't likely to turn up in his little patch of leafy Bucks.
Maybe put something on DS to the words of ..."great bargains at M&S ... must shop there!!!"

Let's go to Dover and hand out leaflets offering free accomodation in Gerrard's Cross !!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yeah, add me to the list who is enjoying Ian Payne doing the 4am slot.
He seems to have the balance just right, light conversion, engaging well with his audience, literally, as he takes phone calls and no bitchness or bitterness aimed at others, which could get very tedious. It's a refreshing listen.

Reactions: 3
Did anyone listen to Tom swarbrick last night?

Was interesting hearing him talking about eating less, going hungry, loosing lockdown weight and longevity. But way too late at midnight to listen to. Might give it a playback as I think there's something in it all.

Reactions: 1
Seems like Ferrari is off again next week - Swarbrick in for him and Maajid on late nights.

Seems like Swarbrick has barely done his own show in the last month or so!

• Sad
Ian Payne listed for early breakfast tomorrow, Sunday and all next week. Beginning to wonder if Steve will ever be back.

• Sad
Nicky A was blaming Brexit on the drugs death rate in Scotland as people are being dragged out against their own will.🙄

• Haha
Nicky A was blaming Brexit on the drugs death rate in Scotland as people are being dragged out against their own will.🙄
Abbot sends me to sleep these days.
"3 days of sunshine...weee'lll take it!"
"raining in Glasgow....zzzz

I've caught bits and pieces of Andrew Castle talking earlier about sportspeople and mental heath, he has an interesting personal take on it of course, sounds like it's worth a re-listen.

Last edited:
That was the most bizarre thing. Surely he said that with his tongue firmly in his cheek? I knew where he was going when he said the rise was from 2015/16 but that really is a stretch.

That was the most bizarre thing. Surely he said that with his tongue firmly in his cheek? I knew where he was going when he said the rise was from 2015/16 but that really is a stretch.
Drug deaths in Scotland have risen for the past 7 years, 1 in 5 of the population are estimated to be living in poverty.
That's over 1 million people.
That may well be a good starting point for the Scottish Government in addressing the issue.
For Abbot to somehow link it to Brexit is disgraceful tbh & a bit of an insult to people struggling with addiction.

I was waiting for him to say something that would indicate that he wasn't being entirely serious, but it never came. Truly baffling.

Rachel Johnson not on tomorrow - Natasha Devon instead. Usually listen to Rachel’s show on the way home from a Sunday dinner but will listen elsewhere tomorrow.

Drug deaths in Scotland have risen for the past 7 years, 1 in 5 of the population are estimated to be living in poverty.
That's over 1 million people.
That may well be a good starting point for the Scottish Government in addressing the issue.
For Abbot to somehow link it to Brexit is disgraceful tbh & a bit of an insult to people struggling with addiction.
Out of a population of 6 mill its unacceptable but there's no opposition to hold the SNP accountable. They're a one policy party YES/NO nothing else matters to them.

Out of a population of 6 mill its unacceptable but there's no opposition to hold the SNP accountable. They're a one policy party YES/NO nothing else matters to them.
Yes it certainly is & it's worth noting though that in the recent Scottish election the majority of votes went to Unionist parties, albeit split 3 ways - Lab, Con & Lib.
If the SNP held a Referendum on leaving the UK next Tuesday, they'd still lose.

• Heart
Rachel Johnson not on tomorrow - Natasha Devon instead. Usually listen to Rachel’s show on the way home from a Sunday dinner but will listen elsewhere tomorrow.
Natasha never seems to get much of a mention. But when I looked her up I saw why...

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.