LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nick in 1988 at 1:20 is this the last time he was ever seen on video?

Reactions: 1
Went for my morning constitutional & returned to hear O'bingo waffling on about the men who sold us Brexit, Cummings etc.
Incredibly lazy radio, obvs appealing to his obsessed fans.
Nick Abbot must be taking inspiration from O'bingo as he's doing much the same these days.
Back to the presenters' pics, Darren Adam looks like a guy from Futurama.

Nick in 1988 at 1:20 is this the last time he was ever seen on video?

His Wyatt Earp style neck tie thingy 😁

• Haha
The presenter pics on the LBC website seriously need updating.

Here are Nick and Carol at LBC in 1999.

pic8.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Went for my morning constitutional & returned to hear O'bingo waffling on about the men who sold us Brexit, Cummings etc.
Incredibly lazy radio, obvs appealing to his obsessed fans.
Nick Abbot must be taking inspiration from O'bingo as he's doing much the same these days.
Back to the presenters' pics, Darren Adam looks like a guy from Futurama.

His Wyatt Earp style neck tie thingy 😁
In his opening monologue he was first talking to himself and then congratulated himself on being so clever. In his own mind I am sure he feels he addressed the issue of why we should now believe someone ( Dominic Cummings) he has been describing as a liar for over a year. But the listener is more likely to reach for the off button at the hypocrisy.

In his opening monologue he was first talking to himself and then congratulated himself on being so clever. In his own mind I am sure he feels he addressed the issue of why we should now believe someone ( Dominic Cummings) he has been describing as a liar for over a year. But the listener is more likely to reach for the off button at the hypocrisy.
I bet there are a few parents explaining what a 'wet dream' is this morning too. Is that acceptable vernacular on the radio at 1130am?

• Wow
OMG Dare I ask what he said?

I woke up sweating ... but that was due to the humidity in the room!!!
Talking about Dominic Cummings passion for Brexit.

I'm beginning to think we should lock Prince Harry and Dominic Cummings in a room together so they bore each other to death and leave the rest of us alone.

Reactions: 6
I think I've posted something similar before, but the fact is that LBC never prospered until Global took over and established its hard news remit. It's now accepted as a serious news outlet and is a go-to for politicians who want a platform for whatever message they happen to be peddling. It's frequent appearances on major national TV news and newspapers give it a high profile. It's still technically a local station but the arrival of digital broadcasting has given it not just a national audience but, judging by callers, an international one.
Global taking over LBC changed it fortunes. There's no doubt about that. It is one of the go to places for politicians to peddle their wares.

While we moan about the repetition and constant politics it obviously works in terms of listening figures. Ferrari clips in particular are often trending or appearing on TV and Iain Dale get's big names on his evening show.

Reactions: 4
Global taking over LBC changed it fortunes. There's no doubt about that. It is one of the go to places for politicians to peddle their wares.

While we moan about the repetition and constant politics it obviously works in terms of listening figures. Ferrari clips in particular are often trending or appearing on TV and Iain Dale get's big names on his evening show.
Indeed, LBC is doing very well for their political coverage and the station and main presenters, as you rightly said, are often featured on TV - even the BBC.

With so many radio stations these days, we all have a great choice of listening. I just hope when Steve comes back, his programme won't have changed.

Reactions: 3
For the best part of an hour Ian Payne's been ranting about getting fined £65 for driving on a road closed to vehicles.
Suffice to say his voice has gone up an octave or 3.
"Box junctions, Chiswick, TFL, 20mph zones.....Take MY CAR OFF ME!!" :D
Payneful stuff

• Haha
For the best part of an hour Ian Payne's been ranting about getting fined £65 for driving on a road closed to vehicles.
Payneful stuff
I didn't hear it (asleep !!). Do we know if the road was clearly marked 'road closed' ? Was it a Highways notice, or just contractors resurfacing the road?? I am sure that would make a lot of difference. However, the fact he has been fined suggests that it is council /TFL/ Highways enforced.

I didn't hear it (asleep !!). Do we know if the road was clearly marked 'road closed' ? Was it a Highways notice, or just contractors resurfacing the road?? I am sure that would make a lot of difference. However, the fact he has been fined suggests that it is council /TFL/ Highways enforced.
He was driving his son to a golf driving range unaware of any signs, (maybe he missed the sign?) then received a £65 fine through the post with a pic of his car, believe the infringement was called an N52 or something.
Ian googled & found that over £400,000 in fines had been issued for that particular stretch of 'closed road'. :oops:

I hope that Shelagh's mother feels better soon. I would use one of Shelagh's tweets but sadly she is using them to play politics.

Still if she has time for that hopefully her mother is not too ill.

Payneful stuff
To be honest it's more look than judgment these days.

In the last couple of weeks my hubby got a fine for the congestion charge because he drove into London at 9.30 on a Saturday Night and forgot it was weekends and until 10. My daughter got a speeding ticket for some roadworks with a variable speed limit thing she got wrong and I accidentally went through a red light going through some roadworks were there were that many traffic cones it was actually dangerous because it was a just an orange and white blur.

I feel Ian's Pain (see what I did there ;) )

I hope that Shelagh's mother feels better soon. I would use one of Shelagh's tweets but sadly she is using them to play politics.

Nah she’s still be on Twitter I reckon.

I don't think she's being political. I think she is frustrated and disgusted at the process of trying to get care for her 90 years old mother.

Her mother has been waiting for hours for an ambulance and the family doesn't want to take her to A&E as she will be sitting there for hours trying to get treatment. I had this issue with my own mother. She would see a GP and they would say she needed X,Y & Z treatment but the only way to get it was to got through A&E. This inevitably meant she would not go half the time and then would end up going in as an emergency at a later date. This is a major issue. Treatments that should be relatively minor are not dealt with and inevitably become a lot more serious as a result of being left. Dehydration seems to be an issue for her mother. If that is not dealt with that can be very serious and it's not as simple as just having a good drink.

I've been listening to her this afternoon. She also been venting about anti vaxxers this morning.

She's angry today.

Ian googled & found that over £400,000 in fines had been issued for that particular stretch of 'closed road'. :oops:
If anyone is in contact with him, he may like to try http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30 If they think he has a case worth appealing, they will help.

In the last couple of weeks my hubby got a fine for the congestion charge because he drove into London at 9.30 on a Saturday Night and forgot it was weekends and until 10. My daughter got a speeding ticket for some roadworks with a variable speed limit thing she got wrong and I accidentally went through a red light going through some roadworks were there were that many traffic cones it was actually dangerous because it was a just an orange and white blur.
I is good 😇 My main 'crime' is dashing through amber lights just as they are about to turn red. So far nobody has picked me up!
Where they have variable speed limits on the roads, just keep a lookout for the signs. The worst ones are average speed limits, where they measure the distance between two points and how long it took you to get there - the secret is to slow right down as you are approaching a camera, so it takes a bit longer before you get to the next!

Reactions: 3
I must say, Mr Payne is in good form this morning, what have we learned today?
"92 yr old Margaret Seaman has spent the past two years knitting a replica of HM The Queen's Sandringham Estate"

Beatles songs using fruit & veg...

"A Chard Day's Night"
"Twist & Sprout" *Steve Allen's fav* 😁
"Lucy in the Sky with Almonds"
"Give Peas a Chance"

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.