LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time lurker 1st time poster.

I'm so over LBC,it's so repetative and the presentors are so up their own back sides.

I have a particular dislike for Sheila and her holier than thou attitude. She told a pregnant woman the other day that she should take the vax because it's known to be safe and has been tested (untrue) because loads of pregnant woman in the USA have had it.

There is no possible way they know if there any long term effects on the babies. It's irresponsible for Sheila to say that on radio. But of course st Shelia knows best.
Welcome.....

Reactions: 2
Carol is already back in France. She said she couldn't cope being back in London. I don't know if she's had the vaccine or not but unless she's vehemently antivax I'd have it just to make my life easier! She was on an anti lockdown march prior to returning to France.

They are such a weird pair. I unfollowed both of them on twitter because Nick was just tweeting loads of James O'Brien esque stuff and Carol was all anti Covid. He's never seen her on Loose women and she's never listened to his show. However, their podcast is great and genuinely funny at times.

I think I mentioned on here before that Carol quit/was dropped LBC because she wouldn't do the heavy political stuff. Bit of a shame in a way because apart from her Covid views she talks a lot of sense most of the time.
Ah thanks, I don't blame her leaving London after a few weeks back for rurual south France. I guess she got her family and friend visits in and a bit of work. I'm still a few weeks behind on their podcast but it's my #1 go to listen. Both of them benefit so much from having their corners rounded off.

Reactions: 1
I think I've posted something similar before, but the fact is that LBC never prospered until Global took over and established its hard news remit. It's now accepted as a serious news outlet and is a go-to for politicians who want a platform for whatever message they happen to be peddling. It's frequent appearances on major national TV news and newspapers give it a high profile. It's still technically a local station but the arrival of digital broadcasting has given it not just a national audience but, judging by callers, an international one.

You can look up how much someone like David Lammy earns at LBC because he has to declare it.
  • 25 June 2021, received £3,910 via Independent Talent Group, 40 Whitfield Street, Bloomsbury, London W1T 2RH, for presenting six shows on LBC on 3, 8, 15, 22, 29 and 31 May 2021. Hours: 27 hrs in total including preparation time (4.5 hrs per show). (Registered 29 June 2021)
I wonder if he does it as a reduced rate compared to if he wasn't a sitting mp? Tallent wages will vary so much. I expect even Steve will be earning far more than the £145 an hour David lammy gets.

I wonder if he does it as a reduced rate compared to if he wasn't a sitting mp? Tallent wages will vary so much. I expect even Steve will be earning far more than the £145 an hour David lammy gets.
I would suspect the reverse! His agents would probably think as an MP and Shadow (something or other!), he is 'valuable talent' !

I agree though that Steve would probably be earning much more.

Reactions: 3
  • 25 June 2021, received £3,910 via Independent Talent Group, 40 Whitfield Street, Bloomsbury, London W1T 2RH, for presenting six shows on LBC on 3, 8, 15, 22, 29 and 31 May 2021. Hours: 27 hrs in total including preparation time (4.5 hrs per show). (Registered 29 June 2021)
I think Rees Mogg was on something similar when he was doing shows.

Still, £145 and hour isn't a bad rate. :ROFLMAO:

I think Rees Mogg was on something similar when he was doing shows.

Still, £145 and hour isn't a bad rate. :ROFLMAO:
Probably helped Moggy to pay for all his nannies, "bitty" is expensive :oops:

Eta - it's nice to see more folks on this thread, a few laughs too.

Ah thanks, I don't blame her leaving London after a few weeks back for rurual south France. I guess she got her family and friend visits in and a bit of work. I'm still a few weeks behind on their podcast but it's my #1 go to listen. Both of them benefit so much from having their corners rounded off.
How is she able to live in France? Was she able to get some kind of status before brexit? I thought living abroad for more than 6 months a year wasn't possible.

I would suspect the reverse! His agents would probably think as an MP and Shadow (something or other!), he is 'valuable talent' !
Lots of politicians do seem to seem to earn "virtually nothing" (in their world) while they're sitting and income is public knowledge knowing that if they built up their profile enough they can leave and make millions after - like Nick Clegg, David Milliband, George Osborne etc.

How is she able to live in France? Was she able to get some kind of status before brexit? I thought living abroad for more than 6 months a year wasn't possible.
If you've got money you can live pretty much anywhere

Ian Payne is a bit ranty this morning too, must be the hot weather.
Steve Allen's pencilled in for next Monday (according to LBC website)
I like the presenters' pics, they look completely photoshopped 😁

• Haha
Ians call with an agoraphobic tickled me this morning

"I can't leave my bedroom"
"Awww"
"Don't feel sorry for me"
"Yay!😁"

"Maybe I'm agoraphobic, when I get home from work I watch movies in the flat"

Ians presenter pic has to be the most different to real life
ian-payne-1603287954-editorial-long-form-0.jpg

91268.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
With all the test & trace App chaos, we are now the United Pingdom

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Ians call with an agoraphobic tickled me this morning

"I can't leave my bedroom"
"Awww"
"Don't feel sorry for me"
"Yay!😁"

"Maybe I'm agoraphobic, when I get home from work I watch movies in the flat"

Ians presenter pic has to be the most different to real life
View attachment 670950
View attachment 670951
Imagine what Nick Abbott looks like. He said his photo is really old. For some reason I imagine Nick is like a vampire and probably doesn't age. It's crazy to think that Nick is probably the only presenter on LBC who doesn't have any live clips of him presenting or even shows photos of himself anywhere, not even on social media.

Well this is what nick looked like in 2015, most recent photo I can find. So if my maths is right he will have been 54/55. I remember him talking about this photo - he passed it and thought it was funny so that's the book photo done.

He looks quite handsome, the lbc photo he's odd looking in. Carol's facelift looks good, I wonder what he'd look like if she hooked him up with her doctor 😆. I'm probably overthinking it.

I'll mention What's Your Problem With Nick Abbot and Carol so it shows up in google. I'm still working my way back through their shows, hopefully carol has spoken about her facelift - she's a great #ad for it! She looks amazing

51z67ZdsYhL.jpg

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.