LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ian Payne was almost willing his show to end, the final 15 minutes were "we've run out of things to say" :D
There was more interest in rock band Sparks' influence on other musicians than anything Covid related/being pinged by an App.
I really enjoy Ian's early show. He copes well considering he must be out of his comfort zone of straight news reporting and comment. I confess I was getting a tad bored with Steve's waffling on about the same old same old - Gregg's bacon rolls, old movies, reality TV and, God help us, he was beginning to do his run-up to Christmas. I hope he's used his time off to come up with some new topics.

Just listened to Sparks' 'Lawnmower'. Don't get it, but I never was a fan. :sleep:

Reactions: 3
I really enjoy Ian's early show. He copes well considering he must be out of his comfort zone of straight news reporting and comment. I confess I was getting a tad bored with Steve's waffling on about the same old same old - Gregg's bacon rolls, old movies, reality TV and, God help us, he was beginning to do his run-up to Christmas. I hope he's used his time off to come up with some new topics.

Just listened to Sparks' 'Lawnmower'. Don't get it, but I never was a fan. :sleep:
I'd imagine when Steve returns he'll be a font of medical knowledge. 😁
Steve's trolls elsewhere believe he's been replaced
Ian's ok, but I also quite like Richard Spurr in Steve's slot too.

Ooh
That sounds a bit rude...Spurr in Steve's slot
20210307_124458.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I'd imagine when Steve returns he'll be a font of medical knowledge. 😁
Steve's trolls elsewhere believe he's been replaced
Ian's ok, but I also quite like Richard Spurr in Steve's slot too.

Ooh
That sounds a bit rude...Spurr in Steve's slot
View attachment 665163
He's excellent. I was hoping that he'd be a fixture in that slot, with Steve only doing weekdays, but he's not listed as a regular presenter, and he's only pencilled in for this weekend.

Reactions: 2
He's excellent. I was hoping that he'd be a fixture in that slot, with Steve only doing weekdays, but he's not listed as a regular presenter, and he's only pencilled in for this weekend.
Yeah, not sure what's going on with Spurr, only 1 show per week with LBC, don't think he's still on BBC local radio either.
Richard should get his own show, when he's on he covers a good variety of stuff, not just the usual politicking & LBC need this imo.

I do like Steve's rambling about his days, not gonna lie. No other presenters really do that. I guess it's interesting to know what presenters are up to during the day, makes things them seem a little more normal to the listener I guess. Not that radio presenters are A list celebs or anything, but they are on the next tier to the average joe.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, not sure what's going on with Spurr, only 1 show per week with LBC, don't think he's still on BBC local radio either.
Richard should get his own show, when he's on he covers a good variety of stuff, not just the usual politicking & LBC need this imo.
Richard is a far better fit in the early breakfast (as Steve calls it) show than Ian Payne. I would like Steve to do Monday to Friday and Richard the weekends.

I got a pleasant surprise last night in bed (oooh Matron!) when I put Tom Swarbrick on. I usually go to bed with Steve ( this is getting silly now :ROFLMAO: ) so don't usually listen to Tom but at midnight he had some American Dr on who had written a book on Testosterone. It was a really interesting hour discussing everything from transgender sports to biological sexes. Very informative and no hysterics, just facts. Really good radio IMO and made a change to Brexit and Covid.

I did laugh when the Dr asked Tom about what he found embarrassing as a teenage boy. Tom went a little coy to say the least!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Richard is a far better fit in the early breakfast (as Steve calls it) show than Ian Payne. I would like Steve to do Monday to Friday and Richard the weekends.

I got a pleasant surprise last night in bed (oooh Matron!) when I put Tom Swarbrick on. I usually go to bed with Steve ( this is getting silly now :ROFLMAO: ) so don't usually listen to Tom but at midnight he had some American Dr on who had written a book on Testosterone. It was a really interesting hour discussing everything from transgender sports to biological sexes. Very informative and no hysterics, just facts. Really good radio IMO and made a change to Brexit and Covid.

I did laugh when the Dr asked Tom about what he found embarrassing as a teenage boy. Tom went a little coy to say the least!
20200307_223827.jpg

Reactions: 1
The few times I’ve listened to Steve Allen is when I’ve found a good cure for insomnia.

The only one I can remember is "This town aint big enough for both of us"

I love Richard Spurr in Steve’s slot, I agree!
He's been good this morning, discussing religion, belief systems, the Church of Scientology - John Travolta is quitting it.
An American guest told how Scientology destroyed his family.
Some great callers, some far-out callers.

Nick a and covid wouldn't be nearly as bad if he stopped saying every 10 minutes that no other country has performed as badly on every single metric. Every commentator in every country that doesn't like the leadership is saying this 😆 and repeating something doesn't make it come true. "Why are you so un patriotic nick" said in that callers voice 🤣

Is C M still refusing the vaccine? It seems that will make her life a bit more difficult when she gets back to France.

Richard Spurr was good again this morning, some very moving calls/stories about alcohol addiction & it's consequences for everyone involved.

Nick a and covid wouldn't be nearly as bad if he stopped saying every 10 minutes that no other country has performed as badly on every single metric. Every commentator in every country that doesn't like the leadership is saying this 😆 and repeating something doesn't make it come true. "Why are you so un patriotic nick" said in that callers voice 🤣

Is carol mcgiffin still refusing the vaccine? It seems that will make her life a bit more difficult when she gets back to France.
James O'Brien is at it too and when he is exposed simply deletes the tweet.

Is carol mcgiffin still refusing the vaccine? It seems that will make her life a bit more difficult when she gets back to France.
Has Nick been against lockdowns or for them? I haven't listened much this year. I know he was lauding Sweden for opening up at the time. I get confused where he stands.

Has Nick been against lockdowns or for them? I haven't listened much this year. I know he was lauding Sweden for opening up at the time. I get confused where he stands.
He changes like the breeze, at one time Sweden = great
then cases were on the rise & he dropped them, but now..
Sweden = great again.

Is CM still refusing the vaccine? It seems that will make her life a bit more difficult when she gets back to France.
Carol is already back in France. She said she couldn't cope being back in London. I don't know if she's had the vaccine or not but unless she's vehemently antivax I'd have it just to make my life easier! She was on an anti lockdown march prior to returning to France.

They are such a weird pair. I unfollowed both of them on twitter because Nick was just tweeting loads of James O'Brien esque stuff and Carol was all anti Covid. He's never seen her on Loose women and she's never listened to his show. However, their podcast is great and genuinely funny at times.

I think I mentioned on here before that Carol quit/was dropped LBC because she wouldn't do the heavy political stuff. Bit of a shame in a way because apart from her Covid views she talks a lot of sense most of the time.

I think I mentioned on here before that Carol quit/was dropped LBC because she wouldn't do the heavy political stuff. Bit of a shame in a way because apart from her Covid views she talks a lot of sense most of the time.
I always assumed Carol was sacked or quit due to her spending more time on holidays in Thailand, than actually presenting her radio programme. If it was about having to do a political programme, that could make sense. When Petrie and Duncan left LBC for BBC Radio London, they both said the same about not having any control of their topics unless heavy news and politics.

That said, I believe Duncan left BBC RL to go into politics, or did I hear incorrectly?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.