LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loathe Nick Ferrari. When the news of Sarah Everard’s kidnap and murder was prominent, he took calls from women during a morning show. One woman explained how it feels to be wary of men, when walking alone, after dark or in a lonely place and he completely shut her down and told her that she’s wrong and dramatic. He then went on and on about how women do not feel this way as if he would know?!?!?! Awful man. I hate him.
He's not my cup of tea either but I do think he plays to the crowd with a lot of what he says. He sails close to the wind at times but he certainly knows how to attract an audience.

He is a bit of a dinosaur at times and he has obviously been in very male dominated profession for years. I agree with @Pat the Dog that he may have a different view if he had two daughters instead of sons.

This is not good at all. Not that it should make a difference, but I wonder how he would have reacted if he had daughters rather than sons? He can be very misogynistic at times. I no longer like NF as I once did so I rarely listen to him these days, but I don't hate him. However, if that is your opinion then fine to say it.

I would hope all views are allowed here whether FMs agree or disagree, without the ridiculous one-sided shambles that the DS LBC thread has become.

I see the fangirls can't praise their leader enough with either emojis or even saying they will put a poster on Ignore - bloody pathetic! All this because the poster dared to offer an alternative opinion that the clique did not like.

Once again I ask, who the hell is moderating that thread to allow things like this to continue? What is the point of a discussion thread if only certain comments can be posted without ridicule or scorn, or even just ignored and dismissed?

I really try to not mention DS on this thread but I've just popped in there so apologies to non ex DS'ers for the rant.

A new poster appears with a different point of view. They are immediately shut down. They are met with a gif of a troll and one poster saying 'Let's all put you on ignore' . They really don't like interlopers ruining their cosy little set up do they? Talk about bullying. Ironic that they all think they're so liberal and forward thinking.

This is why I am a Tattle girl.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
The GB News thread at DS is just as bad if not worse - they loathe the channel yet keep watching and commenting along very negatively throughout the day. Quite sad really. All of the usual suspects are there - Tanya, Bangla etc.

Glad this thread exists for actual discussion of LBC.

Reactions: 4
The GB News thread at DS is just as bad if not worse - they loathe the channel yet keep watching and commenting along very negatively throughout the day. Quite sad really. All of the usual suspects are there - Tanya, Bangla etc.

Glad this thread exists for actual discussion of LBC.
Thing is, I've caught bits of GB News during the day and there's nothing 'far right' or racist about it, if anything there's a lot of light hearted stuff between presenters & local news items.
Guests with differing viewpoints, left & right.
Not a fascist in sight

I was going to give Camilla Tominey on LBC a listen today but the Mens tennis final is too good :D

Reactions: 2
Thing is, I've caught bits of GB News during the day and there's nothing 'far right' or racist about it, if anything there's a lot of light hearted stuff between presenters & local news items.
Guests with differing viewpoints, left & right.
Not a fascist in sight

I was going to give Camilla Tominey on LBC a listen today but the Mens tennis final is too good :D
I just think GB News is a bit rubbish tbh.

No LBC for me today. Been far too busy doing fun things. Don't want to ruin my vibe 😂

Caught quite a bit of Nick Abbot though this weekend. He was in good humour. Judging by the scenes in Leicester square this evening I wouldn't fancy having to go in to Global for work!

Reactions: 1
DS get a terrible rating on Trustpilot. I put my twopenn'th on there yesterday! https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.digitalspy.co.uk 😉
Crikey! Some really stinging remarks on there and from all who commented it seems. All observing the same same trend on D.S. in recent years as we have come to agree with on here. All good long term posters too, who have seen the metamorphoses of the forums over the years to its current form today.

For me, it all started to change after the 2015 general election. I was still heavily involved with posting on the politics forum back then, and we noticed a vast increase in the amount of radical left supporting comments, probably gee'd on by the lurch to the left of the labour party after the shambles it became clear it was in following the departure of Ed Miliband. It seemed like the forum had become infiltrated by hoards of hard left agitators who wanted to stir things up. The LBC forum then started to lose it way a while after this too, and I had to leave it.

No LBC for me today. Been far too busy doing fun things. Don't want to ruin my vibe 😂

Caught quite a bit of Nick Abbot though this weekend. He was in good humour. Judging by the scenes in Leicester square this evening I wouldn't fancy having to go in to Global for work!
Yes, it's bang average GBnews.
Point I was making though was that it's nowhere near as far right as some clowns were predicting.
If anything it's like a political version of ITV's This Morning 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Nick will probably be cacking his pants. He makes all those claims Covid and not doing this or that, and makes out he isn't bothered much, but when it comes to himself personally, he was washing his fruit and veg with soap and water and wearing marigolds when going into work lol.

Good to hear Nick Ferrari back on the breakfast show today. I hope he enjoyed his holiday.

Meanwhile no-one seems to have told James it was England not the UK playing. A bit of a fumble for his James McBrien persona on Scottish affairs.

Good to hear Nick Ferrari back on the breakfast show today. I hope he enjoyed his holiday.

Meanwhile no-one seems to have told James it was England not the UK playing. A bit of a fumble for his James McBrien persona on Scottish affairs.

I mean they are just football players 😂 more fire in the belly ffs. I can't say I think Southgate is an amazing coach. I don't think he's done anything special to unite the team. He's only said that the players will continue to take the knee, which isn't exactly a masterplan that only he could think about.

I just find the whole Gareth Southgate love fest a bit odd. James has his tongue so far up the guy's ass it's embarrassing. Regardless of him as a person (which I don't think is special. He just speaks well and has compassion and empathy) as a coach I'm not sold on him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Tuned in for my daily dose of O'Brien this morning and heard him talking about Germany having vaccinated more people than us. I keep hearing commentators, not just O'Brien, going on about this but surely that must be because everyone who wants a vaccine here has had it and those that haven't either don't want to or can't be bothered?

Everyone over 18 is eligible for a vaccine and can make an appointment. There are pop up vaccination places all over the show (we've had them every weekend where I live) and all the youngsters I know have had a least three first one with second ones already booked.

Tuned in for my daily dose of O'Brien this morning and heard him talking about Germany having vaccinated more people than us. I keep hearing commentators, not just O'Brien, going on about this but surely that must be because everyone who wants a vaccine here has had it and those that haven't either don't want to or can't be bothered?

Everyone over 18 is eligible for a vaccine and can make an appointment. There are pop up vaccination places all over the show (we've had them every weekend where I live) and all the youngsters I know have had a least three first one with second ones already booked.
Yes it is because we have done much better overall. In the UK we have given 121 doses given per 100 people and Germany 98 so we are quite a bit ahead of them. So it is easier for them.
However France seems to have a particular problem down at 88 which is why President Macron made a national address this evening. I doubt James will be covering that.....

My local chemist does vaccinations. There are normally about half a dozen people waiting when I go in. Today there was only one person. Maybe everybody else has been done?!

Yes it is because we have done much better overall. In the UK we have given 121 doses given per 100 people and Germany 98 so we are quite a bit ahead of them. So it is easier for them.
However France seems to have a particular problem down at 88 which is why President Macron made a national address this evening. I doubt James will be covering that.....
Thanks for the statistic. It is often mentioned in 'the other place' how far behind we are. They just love 'downing' the UK.

As the UK population is 67m and Germany's is 83m, it's to be hoped they have vaccinated more people. It's percentages, not numbers, that count.
London is trailing far behind the rest of the country, with only 43% having received 2 jabs.

Last edited:
Yeah the vaccine seems like it's winding down now in the UK as it reaches competition, my local center is now only doing them on Saturdays and before it was 6 days a week.

James of course is quick to call out that the rebounce of the UK that's higher than other countries shouldn't be celebrated as it fell lower, but with other misleading stats he's happy to run with them 😆

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.