LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely dreadful. I’ve had to resort to GB news of a morning. I know it’s different for talk radio hosts and they can hold strong views, but not having an ounce of curiosity/genuine impartiality is so off-putting to listen to. I disagree with a lot of what Nick says but him and Maajid don’t need to live in echo chambers. TS, JOB, SF, Ian Payne etc. will constantly snipe about callers who didn’t agree with them throughout their shows, I can’t deal with the fragility 😩
'Normal' service resumes at LBC next week. Nick F is back, and Tom returns to the Late Show.

Reactions: 2
'Normal' service resumes at LBC next week. Nick F is back, and Tom returns to the Late Show.
I listened to Tom for about 30 minutes this morning, and he is so dreary to listen to in the morning. He doesn't have that Ferrari energy that you need in the morning (especially after a heavy night!). Looking forward to him returning.

Reactions: 1
I listened to Tom for about 30 minutes this morning, and he is so dreary to listen to in the morning. He doesn't have that Ferrari energy that you need in the morning (especially after a heavy night!). Looking forward to him returning.
I am looking forwards to the return of Nick Ferrari as well. Still there was some wry humour on LBC as James O'Brien praised England.

Usually he treats good news like the plague.

'They've climbed a mountain': James O'Brien on why this England squad is 'different' - LBC

Reactions: 3
I think I may have entered an alternative universe today. One where James O'Brien calls for impartiality....

Sad to read that one-time LBC presenter Jonathan (Jono) Coleman has died, in Australia, aged 65, from prostate cancer.

I vaguelly remember he used to present a Saturday morning programme on LBC. He also presented programmes for GLR, Heart, and Virgin.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Sad to read that one-time LBC presenter Jonathan (Jono) Coleman has died, in Australia, aged 65, from prostate cancer.

I vaguelly remember he used to present a Saturday morning programme on LBC. He also presented programmes for GLR, Heart, and Virgin.
Remember him with the 'Russ & Jono' show on Virgin, sad news that.
RIP big guy

And, he was at BBC Radio London breakfast programme from where he departed to go back to be near his mother in Australia. That’s the only place I had heard him. RIP Mr. Coleman.

I loathe Nick Ferrari. When the news of Sarah Everard’s kidnap and murder was prominent, he took calls from women during a morning show. One woman explained how it feels to be wary of men, when walking alone, after dark or in a lonely place and he completely shut her down and told her that she’s wrong and dramatic. He then went on and on about how women do not feel this way as if he would know?!?!?! Awful man. I hate him.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
I loathe Nick Ferrari. When the news of Sarah Everard’s kidnap and murder was prominent, he took calls from women during a morning show. One woman explained how it feels to be wary of men, when walking alone, after dark or in a lonely place and he completely shut her down and told her that she’s wrong and dramatic. He then went on and on about how women do not feel this way as if he would know?!?!?! Awful man. I hate him.
This is not good at all. Not that it should make a difference, but I wonder how he would have reacted if he had daughters rather than sons? He can be very misogynistic at times. I no longer like NF as I once did so I rarely listen to him these days, but I don't hate him. However, if that is your opinion then fine to say it.

I would hope all views are allowed here whether FMs agree or disagree, without the ridiculous one-sided shambles that the DS LBC thread has become.

I see the fangirls can't praise their leader enough with either emojis or even saying they will put a poster on Ignore - bloody pathetic! All this because the poster dared to offer an alternative opinion that the clique did not like.

Once again I ask, who the hell is moderating that thread to allow things like this to continue? What is the point of a discussion thread if only certain comments can be posted without ridicule or scorn, or even just ignored and dismissed?

Reactions: 6
This is not good at all. Not that it should make a difference, but I wonder how he would have reacted if he had daughters rather than sons? He can be very misogynistic at times. I no longer like NF as I once did so I rarely listen to him these days, but I don't hate him. However, if that is your opinion then fine to say it.

I would hope all views are allowed here whether FMs agree or disagree, without the ridiculous one-sided shambles that the DS LBC thread has become.

I see the fangirls can't praise their leader enough with either emojis or even saying they will put a poster on Ignore - bloody pathetic! All this because the poster dared to offer an alternative opinion that the clique did not like.

Once again I ask, who the hell is moderating that thread to allow things like this to continue? What is the point of a discussion thread if only certain comments can be posted without ridicule or scorn, or even just ignored and dismissed?
DS get a terrible rating on Trustpilot. I put my twopenn'th on there yesterday! https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.digitalspy.co.uk 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Come on England! However some who gave praised the inclusivity of Gareth Southgate seem to have forgotten that today.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.