LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
O'Brien is so negative, I kinda feel sorry for him.

How much longer will LBC keep him? There are left wing voices out there who wouldn't be such a depressing listen.

Reactions: 6
O'Brien is so negative, I kinda feel sorry for him.

How much longer will LBC keep him? There are left wing voices out there who wouldn't be such a depressing listen.
Agreed. He's so bitter and so doom and gloom. Who needs that kind of negativity in the morning? His arrogance is alarming too. I have to turn over, I can't deal with everything being related to brexit. He's like a broken record.

I do like mystery hour when I can catch it though....

Agreed. He's so bitter and so doom and gloom. Who needs that kind of negativity in the morning? His arrogance is alarming too. I have to turn over, I can't deal with everything being related to brexit. He's like a broken record.
I guess he has his fanbase but I just don't get it. Never mind the morning, I can't listen to constant negativity period. Some presenters I don't always agree with but I don't usually mind if they're a pleasant listen. I wouldn't even like JOB's show if he shared my views. Always over to Mike Graham (except for when he gets Peter Hitchens on who I find equally as dour as JOB).

I guess he has his fanbase but I just don't get it. Never mind the morning, I can't listen to constant negativity period. Some presenters I don't always agree with but I don't usually mind if they're a pleasant listen. I wouldn't even like JOB's show if he shared my views. Always over to Mike Graham (except for when he gets Peter Hitchens on who I find equally as dour as JOB).
I am more Left than Right, but even I can't stand James O'Brien anymore. He used to be a great contrast to Nick Ferrari when he first started at LBC, now he has become bullish in his opinions and not always a pleasant listen.

Reactions: 5
Caught over an hour of Payne, he seems to be morphing into a Steve Allen "lite" character, albeit Ian's more into sports related stuff.
Nearly an hour of the little things that annoy him...Bjorn Borg, Nadal picking his shorts out of his buttock cleavage 🙁 the flu, covid, shoddy breakfasts.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Missing Nick, hate it when they go off and have a life 😆 I tune in because he takes so many calls from all persuasions. Tom just waffles on about the same topic for ages or speaks to guests/ministers. Yawn.

Reactions: 3
Missing Nick, hate it when they go off and have a life 😆 I tune in because he takes so many calls from all persuasions. Tom just waffles on about the same topic for ages or speaks to guests/ministers. Yawn.
Yes. LBC relies so much on Nick Ferrari. Management must dread any talk about him retiring....

The repetition does me in.

Yesterday I heard James doing wearing masks and the NHS getting the George Medal. At 1258 Shelagh pops up with 'and I'll covering wearing face masks and the NHS getting the George Medal' . I turned her off.

I'm missing my daily dose of Steve.

Reactions: 5

Yel

I don't think Steve will be that hard to replace - just need someone bitchy that also does irrelevant rambling.

Ferrari will be difficult to replace and they haven't got any tallent ready to take over, Tom won't do. But I doubt he'll retire, more likely he'll not be as capable as he gets older. Much like how the once great Andrew Neil has already needed a break after struggling with a nightly GB news show.

Reactions: 1
I can't see LBC without Ferrari, he is their most recognisable face and I'm not sure who would really replace him. Not really a huge fan of the rest of the weekday presenters.

I can't see LBC without Ferrari, he is their most recognisable face and I'm not sure who would really replace him. Not really a huge fan of the rest of the weekday presenters.
Ferrari would be very hard to replace. I'm not his biggest fan but I can appreciate what an asset he is to LBC. No one who covers seems to have the same energy or buzz.

Reactions: 2
Ferrari would be very hard to replace. I'm not his biggest fan but I can appreciate what an asset he is to LBC. No one who covers seems to have the same energy or buzz.
Tom Swarbrick's so dull in Nick's slot this week, awful to listen to, very flat.

Yel

Tom's got duller the longer he's around. I wonder if someone told him to stop doing his working class voice thing on his evening show to trail nick breakfast show and he's stopped taking minor risks to be entertaining?

Tom Swarbrick's so dull in Nick's slot this week, awful to listen to, very flat.
Absolutely dreadful. I’ve had to resort to GB news of a morning. I know it’s different for talk radio hosts and they can hold strong views, but not having an ounce of curiosity/genuine impartiality is so off-putting to listen to. I disagree with a lot of what Nick says but him and Maajid don’t need to live in echo chambers. TS, JOB, SF, Ian Payne etc. will constantly snipe about callers who didn’t agree with them throughout their shows, I can’t deal with the fragility 😩

Maybe Stephen Nolan if they could poach him? They managed it with Eddie Mair.

Nolan wouldn't be nearly as right leaning as Ferrari though if that were to matter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.