LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey, no worries šŸ‘
I'm so used to laughing at your quips about Steve, I [wrongly] assumed your comments today were referring to him.

It won't be the same without Steve being around for a few weeks. Who will makes us laugh in the morning?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I listened to James Oā€™Brien for the first time the other day. ā€œA stupid personā€™s idea of a clever personā€ is what I got from him.

Uses ā€œbigā€ words when a shorter one would do, makes a big huff of being vexed at the state of the world in a self aggrandising manner and shoehorns Brexit into everything!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I listened to James Oā€™Brien for the first time the other day. ā€œA stupid personā€™s idea of a clever personā€ is what I got from him.

Uses ā€œbigā€ words when a shorter one would do, makes a big huff of being vexed at the state of the world in a self aggrandising manner and shoehorns Brexit into everything!
Welcome to the World of Mr J'OB.

Such a perfect summation šŸ‘

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm so used to laughing at your quips about Steve, I [wrongly] assumed your comments today were referring to him.

It won't be the same without Steve being around for a few weeks. Who will makes us laugh in the morning?
Certainly not Ian Payne :D
We are in limbo unfortunately

Reactions: 1
I enjoyed Richard Spurr this morning. He has some really entertaining calls.
He should be on more often, not sure why he isn't tbh.

Camilla Tominey is an interesting addition to LBC, more used to seeing her giving soundbites about the Royals or on Andrew Marr Show, reviewing the papers.
LBC definitely need 1 or 2 more female presenters, so good luck to her.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Richard Spurr this morning. He has some really entertaining calls.
Michael from Doncaster talking (non-stop!) about accents was fantastic. I rarely listen again to anything on LBC but I will for this, (it was just after 6am).

Sounds about right šŸ˜‚

I wish it was Richard Spurr covering for Steve. Nothing against Ian Payne but Richard is better in that time slot.

What I like about Steve, which makes him different from the likes of Richard Spurr and Ian Payne, is his ramblings about his daily life, his purchases, his shopping habits etc. I do find it amusing.

Reactions: 6
Do you mean his hand will be hovering over the fader button? I don't know anything about a radio studio but always assumed the fader is on a desktop console. Also, Steve doesn't take calls so surely any would go directly to the producer and not automatically live to him on-air.

And, after all these years 'in the business', has Steve ever driven his own radio desk? Isn't that what his 'boys/girls' are for?
When the subject has come up, he has often said that he has no idea how to drive a desk and has absolutely no interest in doing so. In fact he often quotes Clive Bull and Nick Abbots as two of the ones who ARE able to do so. Though when I rang in to Clive Bull it was controlled by his producer who rang me back, and I sat there on the end of the phone listening to the show until Clive cued me in.

That said about Steve, he has often mentioned controlling the foot pedal whilst reading the auto cue machine back when he used to do TV work. This is hardly akin to controlling a large mixing desk with live telephone lines etc though I would suspect.

I rarely listen again to anything on LBC but I will for this, (it was just after 6am).
Do listen again. There are still some programmes and presenters who feature more light-hearted subjects.

P.S. Please keep up your good work elsewhere (y)

Last edited:
Gosh, JOB is exhausting? I just cannot imagine living with him...
I'm sure he is the complete opposite when at home. Yes, still a bore but I think Mrs O'B rules the roost. If I remember correctly, when they did a Saturday morning programme together on LBC, she didn't stand for any of his nonsense and put him in his place.

Reactions: 2
I see James O'Brien enjoyed tonight's England victory.

I just can't be dealing with that mentality. People like him are so worthy all the bloody time. They suck the life out of everything.

It's like when people go on about how Germany are vaccinating more than us now or Nick Abbot on Friday when someone said about the big Nissan plant and his response was 'but they're building a bigger one in France'. It just tedious.

Reactions: 6
I'm sure he is the complete opposite when at home. Yes, still a bore but I think Mrs O'B rules the roost. If I remember correctly, when they did a Saturday morning programme together on LBC, she didn't stand for any of his nonsense and put him in his place.
I recall James saying that Brexit could be an issue at Christmas dinner. Maybe Mrs O'B is a Brexiteer and wont stand for any of his nonsense. That might be why he keeps going on about it on the radio because he is banned from it at home.

I recall James saying that Brexit could be an issue at Christmas dinner. Maybe Mrs O'B is a Brexiteer and wont stand for any of his nonsense. That might be why he keeps going on about it on the radio because he is banned from it at home.
More likely to be his or her mum. Or siblings. What kind of household discusses Brexit over Christmas dinner, FGS?

Reactions: 2
JOB really is a miserable sod. Sucks the life out of everything. So self righteous too. Can't just congratulate the team and move on?

I just can't be dealing with that mentality. People like him are so worthy all the bloody time. They suck the life out of everything.

It's like when people go on about how Germany are vaccinating more than us now or Nick Abbot on Friday when someone said about the big Nissan plant and his response was 'but they're building a bigger one in France'. It just tedious.
They will never be content. There will always be something to moan about. Nick Abbot is only worth listening to via his podcast. His radio show has become a circle jerk for anti brexit sentiment, anti government, pro-EU discussion etc. The brexit argument has been going on for years, and at this point it's flogging a dead horse from the likes of James and Nick. James, to me, seems frustrated he hasn't been able to change enough minds on brexit or the Tories, so he is now venting his frustration on social media and radio.

The argument is done, nothing will change unless that pro-brexit majority lessens and swings in favour in the coming years until the next election, but my issue is they continue on about it and more and more people resent the pro-EU stance those to the left continue to peddle, especially when you start to come across as anti-UK/England. They are treading thin ice by continuing to parrot their stance on a democratic decision which was made 6 years ago! They just cannot get it through their (supposedly intelligent) heads. I am neither pro or otherwise for EU, and I didn't even vote in the referendum as I never knew enough about the EU, but even I know it's time to move on and accept the democratic vote.

Reactions: 5

People like him suck the joy out of living....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.