LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maajid on late nights again next week as Tom is covering for Nick Ferrari who is taking a break (Eddie back in drive time).

I'd have thought that Maajid to cover breakfast would be a better idea than late nights. He has the energy for a breakfast show and I reckon he could give the politicians some good questioning.

Steve Allen also off next week, Ian Payne in for him.
The morning show is there most listened to I think. I’m sure Iain said on his podcast it gets more listeners then talk and times combined. Maajid is definitely more marmite then a Nick, who while being a bit of a hack has more mainstream appeal.

Camilla Tominey has a new Sunday evening show, I don’t mind her, I tend to avoid on the weekends and a Friday as the two Andrews just irritate me.

Reactions: 1
Anybody, taking as gospel, the things that Mr Allen says, need their head examining :LOL:
Steve is of course an endless source of amusement.

Reactions: 3
Anybody, taking as gospel, the things that Mr Allen says, need their head examining :LOL:
Steve is of course an endless source of amusement.
He is indeed a curious soul but that is what makes him entertaining. Someone who can go to Costco and buy their entire stock of drones (I'm exaggerating) for no apparent reason is an interesting man. Likewise his habit of buying two of everything or his fixation with certain foods.

He seems to derive pleasure from it and gives most of it away. Anything left goes to his brother and is car booted. He often says about going to his brother to take him things and go through the boot. What harm does it do? It's his money, he can spend it how he wants.

I'm sure a psychologist would have a field day analysing his shopping habits.

@Tatooine_legend1 Steve has been very coy about what is wrong with him but he did mention surgery a few weeks ago and has said recently he would be off in July. I suppose we're just putting two and two together. For the record, Steve never takes a 'break'.

Do you think he's starting to buy more and more stuff as gifts to those closest to him because he has been sick and wants to be more generous with his money? I'm just wondering as last week he went and bought a load of champagne truffles - the ones the Queen likes. I do wonder if because he's been ill and having to go for surgery, he is thinking more about those around him. I don't know, just a theory.

Do you think he's starting to buy more and more stuff as gifts to those closest to him because he has been sick and wants to be more generous with his money? I'm just wondering as last week he went and bought a load of champagne truffles - the ones the Queen likes. I do wonder if because he's been ill and having to go for surgery, he is thinking more about those around him. I don't know, just a theory.
I don't think so. He has always been a shopaholic that buys copious amounts of stuff. He always buys chocolates (even though he doesn't eat them) and bottles of champagne to keep in his boot and give away as presents.

However, if he is concerned about his health and nervous about an op he may well be doing a bit of comfort shopping.

At the same moment his foot will be twitching towards the fader button so he is ready to cut off any caller who starts to get the better of him.
Do you mean his hand will be hovering over the fader button? I don't know anything about a radio studio but always assumed the fader is on a desktop console. Also, Steve doesn't take calls so surely any would go directly to the producer and not automatically live to him on-air.

And, after all these years 'in the business', has Steve ever driven his own radio desk? Isn't that what his 'boys/girls' are for?

Last edited:
Do you mean his hand will be hovering over the fader button? I don't know anything about a radio studio but always assumed the fader is on a desktop console. Also, Steve doesn't take calls so surely any would go directly to the producer and not automatically live to him on-air.

And, after all these years 'in the business', has Steve ever driven his own radio desk? Isn't that what his 'boys/girls' are for?
I think the reference to the fader button (it is probably a slider), was to J O'B.

Yes, the control desk would be in front of him.

According to the LBC schedule, she will be on air between 4pm-7pm.
Looks like Steve will be off for a few weeks.

From his Twitter:

Is he definitely having surgery?
Can't say I'm a regular listener as he's on too early for me but he is my fave. I feel like it's the beginning of the end but I really hope not :( ian payne is a good replacement though, at least the boss gets it right when it comes to a suitable cover.

He is indeed a curious soul but that is what makes him entertaining. Someone who can go to Costco and buy their entire stock of drones (I'm exaggerating) for no apparent reason is an interesting man. Likewise his habit of buying two of everything or his fixation with certain foods.

He seems to derive pleasure from it and gives most of it away. Anything left goes to his brother and is car booted. He often says about going to his brother to take him things and go through the boot. What harm does it do? It's his money, he can spend it how he wants.

I'm sure a psychologist would have a field day analysing his shopping habits.

@Tatooine_legend1 Steve has been very coy about what is wrong with him but he did mention surgery a few weeks ago and has said recently he would be off in July. I suppose we're just putting two and two together. For the record, Steve never takes a 'break'.
Just in case let me wish Steve well for both his operation and his recovery.

Thank you for correcting me.

Apologies to @Bobby Chariot and @Redvers36 for not reading your comments properly :oops:
No problem, we are a friendly crew here.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.