LBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a little catch up of Steve this afternoon and to say I was a little surprised at him having a go at Maajid is an understatement!
I have only heard a few minutes of Maajid presenting the Late Show. I find his style is far too aggressive for me at that time of night.

Reactions: 3
I have only heard a few minutes of Maajid presenting the Late Show. I find his style is far too aggressive for me at that time of night.
Maajid is permanently angry these days. I don't listen to him anymore.

The last hour of James was good today. He was talking about employers giving people time off to watch the football. So nice to have a lighter topic for an hour.

Reactions: 2
Maajid really doesn't work covering for Tom and that slot.

I tried to get my smart speaker to play Eddie Mair the whole show podcast to hear tom and it ended up playing some lady gaga lyrics podcast instead, I didn't turn it off 😆

I like Maajid on his weekend shows but he’s just not late night material at all, not enough humour, too loud, intense and political. Not saying no political discussion after 10pm but take it easy and lighten up a bit!

They should have brought in Richard Spurr though I think they regard the 10pm slot as some sort of flagship show now.

Maajid seems to be back in Global's good books. For a while he didn't get any of the high profile covering gigs.

I like Maajid on his weekend shows but he’s just not late night material at all, not enough humour, too loud, intense and political. Not saying no political discussion after 10pm but take it easy and lighten up a bit!
It is not an easy balance because I stopped listening to the late night show on BBC 5 Live as it became too lightweight. They brought in Richard Bacon who not only was full of beans but was egged on by management. So it went from something that was well done to being rather under cooked I thought.

I really can't get on board with nick f's total outrage that the richest 2/3rd of pensioners now have to pay for a TV licence if they watch it.

Especially not with the intergenerational inequality that has only got worse during covid 19.

I really can't get on board with nick f's total outrage that the richest 2/3rd of pensioners now have to pay for a TV licence if they watch it.

Especially not with the intergenerational inequality that has only got worse during covid 19.
Maybe a compromise is for the TV licence is to charge half price for over 75's and those on pension credit still get it free?

There are a lot of pensioners who can afford it but there are a lot that are somewhere in between. Like winter fuel, it's too expensive to means test.

Turned O'bingo over, droning on about agreeing with IDS and Covid & within 5 minutes I've learned about record near-50c temperatures in NW USA & Canada, leaked reports about the extent of Covid in North Korea, war & famine in Ethiopia, all from the BBC WorldService.
Change the record O'Brien, the needle is stuck.

Reactions: 1
Maybe a compromise is for the TV licence is to charge half price for over 75's and those on pension credit still get it free?

There are a lot of pensioners who can afford it but there are a lot that are somewhere in between. Like winter fuel, it's too expensive to means test.
I'd rather pension credits were adjusted to include the in between people. It's clearly not adequate if it's not given to some people who struggle to afford £13 a month for a lifeline.

Then people can decide if they want the extra money to go to TV licence or other things.

Maajid on late nights again next week as Tom is covering for Nick Ferrari who is taking a break (Eddie back in drive time).

I'd have thought that Maajid to cover breakfast would be a better idea than late nights. He has the energy for a breakfast show and I reckon he could give the politicians some good questioning.

Steve Allen also off next week, Ian Payne in for him.

I'd have thought that Maajid to cover breakfast would be a better idea than late nights. He has the energy for a breakfast show and I reckon he could give the politicians some good questioning.
No, no, definitely no !!!!!

Turned O'bingo over, droning on about agreeing with IDS and Covid & within 5 minutes I've learned about record near-50c temperatures in NW USA & Canada, leaked reports about the extent of Covid in North Korea, war & famine in Ethiopia, all from the BBC WorldService.
Change the record O'Brien, the needle is stuck.
It is unlikely Bobby because James O'Brien has no sense of self-awareness. If he did he would realise that the former world number 4 has far more credibility on the subject of tennis that O'Brien has on any of the subjects he pontificates on.

It is unlikely Bobby because James O'Brien has no sense of self-awareness. If he did he would realise that the former world number 4 has far more credibility on the subject of tennis that O'Brien has on any of the subjects he pontificates on.

What about when Andrew Castle commentates? We know Jobbie isn't above criticising fellow presenters!

I think Steve makes a lot of his chatter up as he goes along, probably to wind up his listeners. He announced this morning that he puts mayonnaise on chili. :sick:
He's off next week because he's having surgery. Hope it's nothing too serious.

Reactions: 4
Here is how James O'Brien announces a £1 billion investment by Nissan in Sunderland creating 1600 jobs directly and probably another 4600 on the supply chain.

• Angry

Andy Murray has always been very gracious about Tim Henman and repeatedly said how hard it is and how good you have to be to get to No 4 in the world. I think we often forget that. It's really no mean feat.

How much must Steve spend on the lottery. He's always talking about winning this and that on it lol. Unless it's BS, I don't know anyone who wins money on the lottery like he does 😂

Think there may be Ofcom complaints for Steve again, he speculated that Love Island Shannon Singh’s page 3 girl name “ruby” might be for “Ruby Murray curry” 😬. I was half asleep but thought it was a bit jade Goody racist..

• Haha
How much must Steve spend on the lottery. He's always talking about winning this and that on it lol. Unless it's BS, I don't know anyone who wins money on the lottery like he does 😂
Do we know when he says "win" what he wins? If you get two numbers correct in the main lotto draw you get a 'lucky dip' free line for next time (that never wins ;)), but could be described as a winner.

Do we know when he says "win" what he wins? If you get two numbers correct in the main lotto draw you get a 'lucky dip' free line for next time (that never wins ;)), but could be described as a winner.
I think he only does Euromillions these days, and just wins a few pounds here and there. He lets his winning roll over to buy more tickets. He must have had quite a few to start with though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.