LBC Chit Chat #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a bit surprised that Eddie Mair has completely washed his hands of LBC - not reappeared once to do a cover shift when there are many slots available at the moment. Matthew Wright usually does cover work as well, not seen him on the schedules.

I really enjoy listening to Ali Miraj. Not only does he talk sense but he attracts callers who also talk sense. He listens, he engages and doesn't force his opinion on them or us.
I'm enjoying him too, Maggie. He engages thoughtfully with callers and debates in a calm and reasoned way, a good listen. I'm pleased LBC is giving him some daytime slots, well deserved.

Reactions: 4
I'm enjoying him too, Maggie. He engages thoughtfully with callers and debates in a calm and reasoned way, a good listen. I'm pleased LBC is giving him some daytime slots, well deserved.
He makes a refreshing change from the current bunch, doesn't he?

I must give him a listen. When is he on next ?

Allowed myself the 'luxury' of 20 minutes of O'Brien this morning. Consisted of him reading the papers and complaining they weren't complaining enough about strikes. He then criticises the UK for wanting to train more of its own doctors as it might offend some Nigerian person. He then starts parrotting the baristas earning more than doctors story, gets someone calling in to correct him (junior doctor hourly rate increases hugely in years 2 and 3) and O'Brien tells her not to get bogged down in figures.

Good luck, that's me out for the foreseeable

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Allowed myself the 'luxury' of 20 minutes of O'Brien this morning. Consisted of him reading the papers and complaining they weren't complaining enough about strikes. He then criticises the UK for wanting to train more of its own doctors as it might offend some Nigerian person. He then starts parrotting the baristas earning more than doctors story, gets someone calling in to correct him (junior doctor hourly rate increases hugely in years 2 and 3) and O'Brien tells her not to get bogged down in figures.

I think it's fair to point out that at no stage in their career should a barista ever be earning more than a doctor (unless you need seven years training to be a barista!)

I heard James O'Brien pointing out that the same people who said we should train our own doctors are now complaining that we're paying them too much.

Reactions: 2

He told her she was boring when she came up with those figures! He really doesn't like his agenda being challenged! Whoever put that call through will suffer no doubt!

Reactions: 3

Typical O'Brien who wants the figures until they do not suit. She was lucky that he did not cut her off.

Of course with the news from Scotland he is suddenly not keen on plenty of figures. Has there been any update from "James Mac Brien" about the unfolding Scottish crisis?

Reactions: 1
Typical O'Brien who wants the figures until they do not suit. She was lucky that he did not cut her off.
I gave up early on when he slagged Melanie Phillips off for writing 'the usual bile'. 71yo Melanie won the Orwell Prize for Journalism once when she wrote for The Observer (checked Wiki) ... but of course, being a successful woman of a certain age she was always going to feel James' hatred. Honestly, there's no bleeping need for it ... he seemed extra hateful from the few minutes I heard. Geeezus. I quite like Melanie too ... 😒

Reactions: 3
No idea why she stays in the Conservative party. She's utterly toxic
I've only ever seen her on Steph's Packed Lunch, I think she just likes the limelight tbh. No interest in anything other than raising her media profile.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.