LBC Chit Chat #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Natter with Nicola is the vibes I'm getting

It's not looking like she'll get that UN job she wanted
Maybe she'll kiss and make up with Alex ... Fishy Business: The Sturgeon and Salmond Show ...

Reactions: 2
Nick Ferrari is today's subject of the Telegraph Magazine feature 'My Saturday'. I can't link to it because it doesn't seem to be online. He enjoys DIY and cooking; his partner, Clare, a radio producer, lives in Twickenham, where they keep a boat. Apart from that, his Saturday is pretty much the same as most of ours (I'm assuming) - having a lie-in, eating, drinking and watching telly!

Reactions: 1
Nick Ferrari is today's subject of the Telegraph Magazine feature 'My Saturday'. I can't link to it because it doesn't seem to be online. He enjoys DIY and cooking; his partner, Clare, a radio producer, lives in Twickenham, where they keep a boat. Apart from that, his Saturday is pretty much the same as most of ours (I'm assuming) - having a lie-in, eating, drinking and watching telly!
Yep. That's me. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Just had another thought - I wonder if Clare lives anywhere near a Mr Steve Allen?!

Gawd almighty! What do LBC think Marina Purkiss is going to bring to the debating table? Her Her patter is straight out of the Mumsnet book of fake outrage and how to state the bleedin' obvious. "Doctors save lives!" Wow, who knew? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
Gawd almighty! What do LBC think Marina Purkiss is going to bring to the debating table? Her Her patter is straight out of the Mumsnet book of fake outrage and how to state the bleedin' obvious. "Doctors save lives!" Wow, who knew? :rolleyes:
She really is so dim that I think she must be operating on behalf of Brexit rather than against it.

Anyway a Happy Easter Sunday to you all.

She really is so dim that I think she must be operating on behalf of Brexit rather than against it.

Anyway a Happy Easter Sunday to you all.
What she doesn't get, even when a caller tried to explain it to her, is that there's a vast difference between the regulations of a trading block and having many other aspects of everyday life dictated by an unelected parliament.

What she doesn't get, even when a caller tried to explain it to her, is that there's a vast difference between the regulations of a trading block and having many other aspects of everyday life dictated by an unelected parliament.
I have to admit that very few aspects of my everyday life were affected by decisions made by the EU (at least not that I noticed). I though Marina Purkiss did well for a debut although her monologues weren't very fluent.

I was asleep, so didn't hear her!!!

I was asleep, so didn't hear her!!!
Lucky old you. 😁
---
I have to admit that very few aspects of my everyday life were affected by decisions made by the EU (at least not that I noticed). I though Marina Purkiss did well for a debut although her monologues weren't very fluent.
Her bio lists Jeremy Vine, GMB, Sky News and BBC radio. She should be able to string an articulate sentence together by now.

Last edited:
I thought she did well too but my standards aren't high!

• Haha
I'm delving back into random Steve podcasts from years back as I nod off, and am taking in some of the ramblings in a semi conscious state. On one of them he was announcing that Stig Abell was on presenting later. I woke up wondering how Times Radio allowed their head honcho a slot on LBC.

I heard her in the background and just found her fake as f*ck. All this 'I hate the tories' rhetoric was as dull as it was confected. :rolleyes:

I thought she did well too but my standards aren't high!
I liked her too, Neroli. I was expecting brash and shouty but I felt she debated well in the tweny minutes I listened. A confident debut in my humble opinion.

I heard Ali Miraj for the first time this afternoon. I was quite impressed. Clear, concise, explained his own views and allowed callers their contorary views without shouting them down or cutting them off. Reminds me a bit of Majid Nawaz, without the agression !!

I see he is scheduled to be on at 1pm next Saturday, so will listen then.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I heard Ali Miraj for the first time this afternoon. I was quite impressed. Clear, concise, explained his own views and allowed callers their contorary views without shouting them down or cutting them off. Reminds me a bit of Majid Nawaz, without the agression !!

I see he is scheduled to be on at 1pm next Saturday, so will listen then.
He is a definite improvement on Sangita Myska.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.