LBC Chit Chat #8 Steve Allen has left the building

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Caller kevin claimed to be part of a Think Tank and that Nick should get out of the studio more to see how loved Boris Johnson is.
Nick Abbot told him he definitely thinks in a tank 😂
*goodbye kevin*
I must admit, I missed a trick ... a job in a 'think tank' does sound cushy.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I tried listening to nick a last night, but gave up after he was going on about the UK was the worst country and the laughing stock of the world.

You can tell he's only been abroad once this decade, and even that was just 4 days in Madrid eating microwave meals on a balcony.

The guy needs some perspective.

Reactions: 6
I really enjoy Nick at the weekends but find in his serious shows he is a very bitter man and the show becomes Tory bashing, Boris bashing, Brexit bashing and Trump bashing.

Heard him last night on his Boris attack on and on about how Boris is like a petulant child. He should listen to his own words as he is a bit like a petulant child when he gets a caller he doesn't agree with and does not let them speak and hangs up on them.

He will probably have a major hissy fit if Boris gets away with it today.

Reactions: 3
Heard him last night on his Boris attack on and on about how Boris is like a petulant child. He should listen to his own words as he is a bit like a petulant child when he gets a caller he doesn't agree with and does not let them speak and hangs up on them.
Exactly this. The only time he treats a view that he doesn't agree with respectfully is when it's an expert that's been invited on LBC. Callers that don't fit his narrow viewpoint aren't given the same courtesy. Fair enough if it's a loon otherwise at least give them a chance.

I really enjoy Nick at the weekends but find in his serious shows he is a very bitter man and the show becomes Tory bashing, Boris bashing, Brexit bashing and Trump bashing.

He won't be the only one! 🤬

Reactions: 2
Actually agree with o'brain this morning, our family friend watched his wife of nearly 60 years die of Covid, not allowed to hold her hand just watch through a window in hospital.
And this compulsive liar is having bacchanalian parties in Downing St at the same time.
People actually defend this twit, beggars belief.

• Angry
Actually agree with o'brain this morning, our family friend watched his wife of nearly 60 years die of Covid, not allowed to hold her hand just watch through a window in hospital.
And this compulsive liar is having bacchanalian parties in Downing St at the same time.
Blimey!You must have led a very sheltered life if a slice of birthday cake and a glass of plonk is your idea of bacchanalian. 😉

I enjoy when O'Brien slags of Boris, it's very theraputic :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
Here's a clip from Full Disclosure where Fred disagrees with James over the work ethic of young people. Fred is having non of it ....

Is Shelagh chunttering away during Boris' bullshitfest? LOL, he really is loathesome. James must be shouting at the dog and tearing what little hair he has left out! Quite compelling mind you ...

ah don't, you'll make me root for BJ! :LOL:

I'm tempted to phone Nick A either way and tell him to leave BJ alone, he was doing his best. 'cause that winds him up no end 😂

Leave it Nickers hun, it aint worth it (for the sake of your blood pressure)

• Haha
I gather that James had his favourite economist on the show yesterday.

"Looking forward to going on @lbc in 15 minutes with the great @mrjamesob to talk market meltdown, interest rates & how we have learnt nothing from 2008. This is getting worrying. I would be voting for 150bp cut at MPC meeting this week...they missed it again and caused it again "

Yes it was Professor David Blanchflower who seemed to have no idea that inflation was going to rise to 10.4% today. He us about as good at economics as Jolyon Maugham is at winning legal cases.

James could invite him back on and play the Benny Hill music in the background.

Reactions: 4
Yes it was Professor David Blanchflower who seemed to have no idea that inflation was going to rise to 10.4% today. He us about as good at economics as Jolyon Maugham is at winning legal cases.
The guy is a complete tool with vested interests. A few days ago he was saying inflation had been delt with and interest rates should be cut 1% 🤦‍♀️

Of course he doesn't care with his index linked very generous pension.

Trust jobbie to declare this one person an expert that must be listened to 🤪

• Angry
Quite interesting Iain saying that he sent Shelagh a txt msg after she said that No.10 Downing St. was quite airy and spacious (despite never being inside of it), not the rabbit-warren Boris described it as. Ian, who has been inside, said it was exactly like a rabbit-warren ... she told him to 'naff off and stop being sentimental'. Honestly, this is a great example of why I cannot stand Fogherty ... I mean, why let the truth get in the way of her hatred of The Tories. I wonder what else she lies about?

Here's a clip from Full Disclosure where Fred disagrees with James over the work ethic of young people. Fred is having non of it ....

I really enjoyed that episode of Full Disclosure. Fred barely let poor James get a word in edgeways (which is quite an achievement!)

why I cannot stand Fogherty ... I mean, why let the truth get in the way of her hatred of The Tories. I wonder what else she lies about?
It wouldn't be so much of a problem if lbc had others on their roster from the other side that were prepared to lie. But they don't, and it leaves it rather put of balance.

The guy is a complete tool with vested interests. A few days ago he was saying inflation had been delt with and interest rates should be cut 1% 🤦‍♀️

Of course he doesn't care with his index linked very generous pension.

Trust jobbie to declare this one person an expert that must be listened to 🤪
Blanchflower has been rather incontinent with his suggestions this week. On LBC he wanted at 1.5% interest-rate cut. Yet only the day before he wanted more! Did he forget?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.